BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v QPR - 8th April, KO: 7.45

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep probably. Seriously think he'll go with Lowe/Evans from the off next season with same tactics and Cairney, Conway on the wings. That's the way he coaches and he seems determined to go that way.

Yep probably. Seriously think he'll go with Lowe/Evans from the off next season with same tactics and Cairney, Conway on the wings. That's the way he coaches and he seems determined to go that way.

From what I can gather, wide right is Cairneys preferred position, which makes little sense because he's far better in the middle.

Rovers web-site talking about Lowe coming in for the Injured Evans.

In terms of central midfielders the 2 are worlds apart. passing to Lowe is like passing to a wall - it just comes straight back.

I can see Lowe and Williamson starting centrally again, and it makes me wonder whether it is worth driving the length of the country to watch to watch the match.

If those two are picked together again there is no way I would drive that far to watch them. I'm driving less than 10miles and I wonder whether it is worth it. Trouble is I'm usually well on my way before the team is announced.

• Moderation Lead

I've got to be honest, if he picks Lowe and Williamson together especially for a home game, particularly if it means Cairney is out wide, it just shows Bowyer is not learning.

Never mind though, it will be the fault of the fans with the 'flat' atmosphere...

I've got to be honest, if he picks Lowe and Williamson together especially for a home game, particularly if it means Cairney is out wide, it just shows Bowyer is not learning.

Never mind though, it will be the fault of the fans with the 'flat' atmosphere...

This has been my fear.

I will be frustrated if we go on to lose the 'momentum' from the last few games simply because the manager doesn't want to be proved wrong about his golden child. Despite being out if the play-off chase (let's face it) Bowyer has a chance to show that he is growing into the role.

Let's hope we are worrying for nothing and Lowe is asked to cover at rb.

If those two are picked together again there is no way I would drive that far to watch them. I'm driving less than 10miles and I wonder whether it is worth it. Trouble is I'm usually well on my way before the team is announced.

A league one midfield pairing playing in the championship.

This has been my fear.

I will be frustrated if we go on to lose the 'momentum' from the last few games simply because the manager doesn't want to be proved wrong about his golden child. Despite being out if the play-off chase (let's face it) Bowyer has a chance to show that he is growing into the role.

Let's hope we are worrying for nothing and Lowe is asked to cover at rb.

Don't know what happened there. It posted the quote without my comment.

Keane will be picked at RB. The only hope is that Williamson will make way for the Golden Child. I have a dreadful feeling that the manager will revert to his favourite pair though.

From what I can gather, wide right is Cairneys preferred position, which makes little sense because he's far better in the middle.

how do you.know this???

Cairney starts wide right but drift into inside right and allow the right back to overlap. Its also allows him more time and space plus he can cut in and shoot more..

surely you should be supporting the team and Club whoever who is playing. team selection shouldnt matter

how do you.know this???

Cairney starts wide right but drift into inside right and allow the right back to overlap. Its also allows him more time and space plus he can cut in and shoot more..

Mate on the staff at Rovers who has become quite good mates with cairney. Yeah I understand the thinking behind playing him wide, whip crosses in with left foot and shots etc. But personally id have him central.

how do you.know this???

We know this from watching every bleeding match with him out of position or leaving his full back exposed by going inside to his favourite position.

surely you should be supporting the team and Club whoever who is playing. team selection shouldnt matter

Here we go again. No one is obliged to go if they do not believe it is worth it. Your blind acceptance of everything is that of a five year old..

And the continued selection of the very poor Jason Lowe.

If Evans is fit, partner him with Cairney centrally, if not then play Williamson and Cairney. King and Conway wide.

Williamson is a very poor player as well lets not forget.

We know this from watching every bleeding match with him out of position or leaving his full back exposed by going inside to his favourite position.

That's the opposite of what was being said, Al. The original post was about Cairney's preferred position being out wide.

I can see us winning this one. What then will happen is that some fans will get their hopes up of a late play-off push before we go and get battered by Wednesday on Sat. Would be typical Rovers anyway.

Hoping to God that Willowe aren't reunited.

Their combined presence on the pitch is smaller than Willow.

He's much better than Lowe and has been very good without him, leading to us picking up more points.

Both arent anywhere near good enough and they arent on their own in that respect.

That's the opposite of what was being said, Al. The original post was about Cairney's preferred position being out wide.

Their combined presence on the pitch is smaller than Willow.

I know precisely what was said but it is clearly not correct.

Rovers web-site talking about Lowe coming in for the Injured Evans.

In terms of central midfielders the 2 are worlds apart. passing to Lowe is like passing to a wall - it just comes straight back.

I can see Lowe and Williamson starting centrally again, and it makes me wonder whether it is worth driving the length of the country to watch to watch the match.

Trouble is with Lowe the ball doesn't come back.

Archived