BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town FC - New Club?

I have just been directed to the new Facebook page which seems to have been created 16 days ago. As i am not a friend of the profile i can only see limited content. However it appears that they now have a logo, kit colours and are to ground share with AFC Darwen at the Anchor Ground?

They are targeting playing in the North West Counties League next season.

The target, it says was to have 2,000 fans paying £10 to become a "co-owner".

Does anybody know anything which could shed more light on this potential club?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the colours blue and white halves?

Blue and Green apparently

1. @Rishi_Sikka we are a group if disgruntled fans, our aim is to bring the town of blackburn together once again through football...

2. @Rishi_Sikka the most important thing is that we become community owned and people of blackburn take pride in a local team again..

Whoever is behind it must have some good contacts because they are giving away 2 tickets to the World Cup Final complete with flights and accommodation in a competition :o

• Backroom

Is Wayne Wild invovled? He has involvement in darwen doesn't he?

Not anything I have any massive interest in personally but good luck to them

Could be an interesting derby game between Darwen and Blackburn Town on the Anchor! I know I will be supporting the team with 120 years of history and not some gimmick outfit playing in Blue and Green!

At a time when Rovers are struggling with crowds, and Burnley superior to us at the minute, we need our fans to pull together, regardless of venkys and the disastrous last few years. The last thing we need is another team set up to further decimate our fanbase.

• Backroom

Why does the name Rishi ring a bell from a BRFCS perspective...?

Rishi made the documentary about Venkys

From what I can gather he isn't involved just asked questions

Hes currently the chairman of AFC Darwen and seems to be making some improvements to the Anchor ground.

I went to watch em on Saturday for the first time in a while and was really impressed with the setup. The ground and pitch are now in really good nick. The bar is also very smart.

Could understand if we went bust but chances are we might have a decent season next season so why would people want to go and watch that. There are enough keaning teams around here competing for support without another, run by so called Rovers fans but wanting to poach other Rovers fans. I'll stand corrected but that's how it looks to me.

Ok I've retracted some of the post so as not to cause offence to some good posters on here. May have jumped the gun acting on what I've been told but I hold the right to reserve judgement :)

An unfair and ill-informed presumptuous post. Bit surprised at you tomphil.

However naked your eye is.

I said I stand to be corrected. Not a big fan of things like this it just seems that somewhere down the line this will be in competition to Rovers rather than an alternative. Just my own thoughts.

• Backroom

For info the guys on twitter have been very welcoming of questions

I have asked if they would like to come on here and answer questions under the guise of a club account rather than a personal one

Archived