BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town FC - New Club?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply don't understand all the excitement around this thread, why would any Rovers supporter have the slightest interest in contacting or speaking to them be they on the level or otherwise.

If you're not supporting us you're supporting the opposition, period.

Surely if it was him it would be called Worldwide City, having Blackburn in the name is far to parochial

Vinjay more likely to involved in that Salford thing to rival it's big club. Remember he only hates Man United !!! Could be the foundation stone of Lancs Utd though.......

Surely if it was him it would be called Worldwide City, having Blackburn in the name is far to parochial

Having Town in the name would be far too parochial for Vinjay.

Simply don't understand all the excitement around this thread, why would any Rovers supporter have the slightest interest in contacting or speaking to them be they on the level or otherwise.

If you're not supporting us you're supporting the opposition, period.

The bit in bold is very combative and frankly a little ridiculous Simon. Just because it has roused interest it doesn't mean we're all running off to the Anchor ground with our 20 quid notes held aloft.

Think of this thread as an internal analysis into our new and potential competitors. Did you never study marketing and business studies at school :P

• Backroom

I think the main interest at the minute is trying to work out if it's genuine or someone trying to scam / trick fans

Blackburn Town FC ‏@BlackburnTownFC 17m

We was always going to receive some bad publicity, any criticism we receive we will take on board and try to improve where possible.

Fairly sure I've worked out one of the people involved from the above.

Fairly sure you haven't. You really think that there is just the one person in Blackburn who makes that grammatical error? :huh:

I think the main interest at the minute is trying to work out if it's genuine or someone trying to scam / trick fans

Well it's more interesting than tea time tv that's for sure :)

Blackburn Town FC @BlackburnTownFC 17m

We was always going to receive some bad publicity, any criticism we receive we will take on board and try to improve where possible.

Fairly sure I've worked out one of the people involved from the above.

God that really does drive me mad. I'm not the best in the world grammatically: Having said that I'm also not trying to launch a professional football club. Poor grammar like that really does suggest a very amateurish set-up behind the facade of this twitter account.

They desperately need to improve their communication or else this is a lost cause for them.

Blackburn Town FC ‏@BlackburnTownFC 1h

@peterpashworth social media and wrote content that shouldn't have been displayed.

Shouldn't that be 'written content?'

I honestly do think these are Dingles on a windup, or a bunch of yokels. Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Guest Norbert

Whoever they are, they should at least get someone with a grasp of English to do the tweets that are pretty much their only method of communication.

I think I said this the last time this type of scenario occurred.

There are enough local teams currently operating who are much more worthy of the support. Donating to any number of them is a far far better idea than giving money away to a fledgling splinter club that will, if not a ruse, cease to be in 5 years.

5 minutes of reading this and the twitter feed and I am convinced it is a wind up.

It just shows how important it is in business, to correctly spell and pronunciate professionally. If it's not a scam- first impressions are massively important thus you cannot release poorly thought out information.

Also contacting businesses and other clubs on twitter looks really ridiculous and amateurish. When I'm ordering equipment for work do I tweet suppliers asking for a delivery?

If I'm proven wrong and this is legit- good luck to you. It it didn't cross with a rovers game I may occasionally visit another northwest club, similarly to going Accy Stanley now and then. BRFC is the first and only true love.

Archived