BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town FC - New Club?

I think it's probably a group of over zealous lads who are trying to get a footy team started and nothing more than that. Probably all late teens and probably struggling with all the questions being thrown at them. Doubt it's anything more than that to be fair.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I wouldn't be so sure myself I think there may be false pretences

Ricky you may well be right in that its just some lads trying to start a Sunday league team BUT asking for donations to become part owners aiming to have 2000 people paying £10 a year is something else

Also the charity stuff alongside the huge prizes and requests for donations doesn't add up

Seems the work of a Billy Bullshiner to me!

Seriously, tonight's timeline of events are laughable at best......

6 hours ago - Tweeted "Wolves All Stars" asking them to follow back so they could Direct Message them.

3 hours ago - Tweeted Cancer Research UK saying "we would like to do an event for you"

3 hours ago- Tweeted 16 former Rovers players informing them they have set up a match against Wolves All Stars for charity and would they be interested.

3 hours ago - Announced Officially that "we are in talks with Wolves All Stars and many rovers legends in aid of setting up a fixture.. Proceeds potentially going to Cancer Research UK"

That is 3 hours between initial contact being made, and the announcement of opponents, potential superstar players and the beneficiary charity.

I really feel the people behind this concept need to realise and quickly how important it is to put foundations in place and have certain things ready, before jumping the gun and announcing things to the world without first ensuring the requirements are in place.

I've always thought Twitter was a dangerous medium. It gives people a platform who wouldn't get a platform anywhere else.

Put it another way - imagine if these people had to get this off the ground only using pen, paper and the letter pages of the local press ...

lol

Blackburn Town FC ‏@BlackburnTownFC 1h

@peterpashworth social media and wrote content that shouldn't have been displayed.

Shouldn't that be 'written content?'

I honestly do think these are Dingles on a windup, or a bunch of yokels. Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive.

That was my tweet - I asked them to explain what was meant by the statement on their twitter feed. Its absolute garbage. As mentioned above, the grammar kind of gives it away for me.....................

Stop giving these people the oxygen of publicity. If they wish to generate their own publicity then good luck to them, I wish them no particular harm although I am still firmly of the view that any pound going elsewhere is potentially a pound diverted out of our coffers.

This is a Blackburn Rovers messageboard. Don't do their publicity work for them.

Guest Norbert

Yes. Let's close Accrington, Burnley and Preston!

I am amazed at how many there are in such a small area. It's almost like Dundee.

Sounds like a wind up to me.

If not I feel sorry for their cause in as much as it seems a bit lame. I'm not one for being a grammar nazi, but if you're fronting a campaign and trying to give a professional appearance then at the very least it's necessary to get the basics right; to be able to spell correctly and use proper grammar (i.e. - know the difference between your and you're for a start etc.). Their tweets may as well be written in txt spk or woteva.

In other news, a small local club called Preston North End have made the play-offs if anyone is THAT bored. :closedeyes:

Sounds like a wind up to me.

If not I feel sorry for their cause in as much as it seems a bit lame. I'm not one for being a grammar nazi, but if you're fronting a campaign and trying to give a professional appearance then at the very least it's necessary to get the basics right; to be able to spell correctly and use proper grammar (i.e. - know the difference between your and you're for a start etc.). Their tweets may as well be written in txt spk or woteva.

In other news, a small local club called Preston North End have made the play-offs if anyone is THAT bored. :closedeyes:

You have to say Grayson has done a great job there.

Sod the Knobbers I've no time for them. Hope they screw it up again. Grayson has done well though, hopefully he'll be off back to a champ club if they fail :)

one of the benefits of us not getting into the play offs / play offs final is that if Nob End get to the final Shelfy can't bill an extra night / day expenses to the club to watch them. Swings and roundabouts, see this positive thinking lark that everton keeps going on about works well,

To be fair to the lad that designed the badge, he has no connection with this lot. He offered his services via twitter and has since made his position clear.

Interesting to see that the idiotic statement relating to their 'press officer' has been removed.

Archived