BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town FC - New Club?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see who is genuinely behind it and why.

Which is slightly different to pinning it's inception on "self serving" Roverstrust or Action Group members.

Thing is Stuart some will look at it like that with some of the names that are being banded about, not by me just what I've heard that's why I didn't mention them. Be great if they came on here and said their plans etc. Such is the already divisive and suspicious nature of our fanbase .

I've edited the original rant.

I went to watch em on Saturday for the first time in a while and was really impressed with the setup. The ground and pitch are now in really good nick. The bar is also very smart.

Think Kevin Gallacher has something to do with AFC Darwen as well. Did you see Mark Patterson down there think his lad plays for Darwen.

In regards to Blackburn Town FC think this is an absolute non starter.

I would like them to come on and answer questions, however i don't understand why they need to use the guise of the "club" account, surely if you're going to be involved in something like this, it is best to be open from the beginning?

The situation now is we have people doing this, without supporters knowing who they are or what their clear motives are and the speculation is going to buzz around who they are and its gotta be expected that people will be accused of being involved wrongly.

If they have a board in place for this venture, then surely those involved can show themselves?

• Backroom

I would agree mark to be honest

I always said I would welcome an action group / fans forum account on here as well as the personal ones in case a statement was ever coming from a collective

I think finding out exactly who is involved would be the best starting point though

In reply to some questions and various emails floating around...

1. There is no involvement from Rovers Trust whatsoever.
  2. I have no personal involvement in this whatsoever.
  3. I have no knowledge of any of the senior officers or committee members in the scheme.
  4. The secretary at AFC Darwen has no knowledge of offering any ground share.

Hiya guys,

As a long time message board reader, I was slightly shocked to see my Twitter address appear on here this morning.

Firstly I'd like to clarify my position in relation to Blackburn Town FC, I DID design the logo, after seeing a post on Twitter advertising a create a logo competition, which I thought it would be a cool thing to design. I was told yesterday that my logo had won and I was now a board member. I must stress, the logo design is my only involvement and aside from this, I know very little about the project? I don't know the guys who are behind the idea, my only contact has been via twitter. I'm not even sure if the project is financially viable?

I'd like to sign off by saying, Rovers have and will always be my team, regardless of division. I was formerly employed by the club pre-Venkys but left two years later after a certain PR guru became director and brought in his cronies. I saw some crazy things going on there behind closed doors but have remained silent out of respect for the majority of good people who still work at the club and do damn great job under extermely tough circumstances.

Thanks

Alex

Hiya guys,

As a long time message board reader, I was slightly shocked to see my Twitter address appear on here this morning.

Firstly I'd like to clarify my position in relation to Blackburn Town FC, I DID design the logo, after seeing a post on Twitter advertising a create a logo competition, which I thought it would be a cool thing to design. I was told yesterday that my logo had won and I was now a board member. I must stress, the logo design is my only involvement and aside from this, I know very little about the project? I don't know the guys who are behind the idea, my only contact has been via twitter. I'm not even sure if the project is financially viable?

I'd like to sign off by saying, Rovers have and will always be my team, regardless of division. I was formerly employed by the club pre-Venkys but left two years later after a certain PR guru became director and brought in his cronies. I saw some crazy things going on there behind closed doors but have remained silent out of respect for the majority of good people who still work at the club and do damn great job under extermely tough circumstances.

Thanks

Alex

Many thanks for posting that.

I must say I felt the anger rise again at the thought of yet another loyal person, lost in the era of the "PR guru". He certainly has the mark of Cain in this town!

Seems all very strange when the Chairman and Secretary of AFC Darwen have no knowledge of any approach to ground share or even any knowledge of the existence of the entity.

I only got wind of this when Rovers Trust's social media man emailed us asking what it was all about after seeing it on Twitter.

Very curious indeed...

-edited to remove incorrect information!

Hiya guys,

Thanks

Alex

Sorry Alex it was me who posted the link on here, I was only going off what the twitter feed said welcoming you as the latest board member.

It all seems a little bizarre they say Darwen is a possible ground share which it clearly isn't, asking people tyo stump up £10 but nobody seems to know who is in the shaows????

Seems all very strange when the Chairman and Secretary of AFC Darwen have no knowledge of any approach to ground share or even any knowledge of the existence of the entity, and the only person that can be verified to be connected to it is the guy who did the youtube Venky's documentary.

I only got wind of this when Rovers Trust's social media man emailed us asking what it was all about after seeing it on Twitter.

Very curious indeed...

Dan I must stress that Rishi Sikka who made the documentary about venkys is not connected to this initiative.

They tweeted him telling him they had a story for him...He asked what the story was and their reply was what I posted before

The contact stopped there.

This is all very bizarre.

They are asking for £10 donations from people, but then tweeting that one of their aims is to make charitable donations! Also they are offering a trip to the World Cup Final to their twitter followers, that would be worth thousands of £'s if it was auctioned off.

I have asked them for an interview so will see what develops. All very curious.

Guest Norbert

This is very strange. No-one knows who is starting this club up, Darwen FC say no contact is being made.............so where is the money going?

I'm getting quite suspicious about this as people are making it clear that they are not involved.

This is very strange. No-one knows who is starting this club up, Darwen FC say no contact is being made.............so where is the money going?

I'm getting quite suspicious about this as people are making it clear that they are not involved.

Surely no one has been stupid enough to make donations to a club for which there is no information?

Archived