BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town FC - New Club?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Ince would be brilliant for them since they have no players to alienate, no ground for him to be banned from and so on.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens, but it has become clear they're a disorganised crowd whose command of the English language is questionable, and their ability to organise are laughable. They're better off just buying a copy of FM and creating Blackburn Town on that.

I've no strong feelings either way about them but they're appealing now for anyone who can put them in touch with the owner of The Showground, Great Harwood United's old ground

Now I may be jumping the gun a bit but I was just expecting a club calling themselves Blackburn United to actually base themselves in Blackburn....

Blackburn United already exists in Blackburn they have two adult teams in the local league and are predominantly Asian.

The only thing funnier than everybody getting upset in this thread is that I read the whole damn thing.

It's kids, you can tell from the follower appeal and the moronic level of cash they think they can run a club on. £20k a year? Hospitality, travel, kit, remuneration, maintenance, the list is endless and £20k is hilarious. Reaching out to people on Twitter shows they've no contacts and that virtually wipes out any legitimate sponsor income.

It's kids. Kids these days want notoriety and "influence" on social media and with their other "creative outlets." We are all happily obliging.

It appears a concept is now being formed.

One member, One share, One club. Pledge as much money as you can and help us build a bright future for the town of Blackburn.

What you receive in turn for your donation:

£0-£9.99 - Our eternal gratitude

£10.00-24.99 - A years membership and discount on all club events

£25.00-49.99 - A years membership and a personalised welcome card from our chairman.

£50.00+ - 2 year membership, a personalised welcome card from our chairman and a £10 gift card from a shop of your choice.

One thing that baffles me is "We are a non for profit football club and any money left over goes straight out to charity.". Left over after what? surely if they are planning to be around a long time, there will be no money "left over" it will all just continue to fund the plan? Don't tell me that after 12 months they are going to donate all their remaining money to charity, then start panicking because they realise they still have to pay the costs every year lol.

http://gogetfunding.com/project/one-member-one-share-one-club

• Backroom

I hope people are sensible with their cash and research it properly before donating as there is no comeback through sites like that you are just giving someone money.

Research the guys behind it and make sure you are comfy handing over money on nothing but good faith

If folk still want to do it then fair play to them, maybe more of their plans will come out in this Bee interview tomorrow.

I've seen something on Twitter about it.

Rather than knock them, I'm just sitting and waiting to see what happens. If it comes off they are not going to be a threat to BRFC, so if we end up with a non-league team in the town so be it. I have my doubts as to whether it will get off the ground TBH, but would not have a problem with them if they did.

It needs people to back it for it to work and if they do then it shows there is a call for it. If not, it won't happen.

There's no issue them having an account on here is there. Anyone can sign up for an account. We have members of the trust, brag, the fans forum and even burnley fans lol. So yes, if they sign up they will obviously have an account.

Personally I don't see the need to create another club in Blackburn, or anywhere in the region for that matter. There's a glut of clubs in the area at every level of the pyramid - one more won't help anything.

Seems like an attempt at a very poor 'me too'version of FC United of Manchester.

Interested to hear the motives and aims of the people behind all this.

Why would a non-Rovers affiliated group want an account on a Rovers fan site, any more than a Stanley or Bumley, or any Blackburn Combination club for that matter?

I'm not interested in what they are doing - equally they don't have to explain themselves to us.

Why would a non-Rovers affiliated group want an account on a Rovers fan site, any more than a Stanley or Bumley, or any Blackburn Combination club for that matter?

I'm not interested in what they are doing - equally they don't have to explain themselves to us.

Because they've be spouting on twitter about not being able to create an account on here, saying they can't get their arguments across to people who, I suppose, belittle them.

Archived