BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

It would encourage clubs to bring through home grown talent if prem clubs are limited on the number of non-EU players and a complete ban on non EU players outside the premier league. Personally, I think the foreign players add so much to the domestic leagues in England. Who cares if that then has a negative impact on the quality and number of home grown players being brought through.

So in this hairbrained scheme Rovers wouldn't be able to sign someone like Big Brad because he was non-EU. Ridiculous. If we had better coaches we would have better players and that's the crux of it.

So in this hairbrained scheme Rovers wouldn't be able to sign someone like Big Brad because he was non-EU. Ridiculous. If we had better coaches we would have better players and that's the crux of it.

Exactly. Even fast forward to the present day and big Rudy would not be allowed to play for Rovers. How is that improving the English game?

Wouldn't a club like Accrington Stanley not benefit though through increased gate receipts if say 10 times a year if these big PL clubs expecially the local ones like City Utd Liverpool Everton etc send their B teams to play a game ?

Pretty much don't agree with any of it. One of the biggest problems in football is the self-serving, money-grabbing, undemocratic, bribe-taking, ignorant, pompous members clubs that FIFA, UEFA and the FA have become. The governing bodies of football are frankly all a disgrace to the game and it comes as no surprise whatsoever that their suggestions for improving it are massively offensive and damaging to its traditions.

Wouldn't a club like Accrington Stanley not benefit though through increased gate receipts if say 10 times a year if these big PL clubs expecially the local ones like City Utd Liverpool Everton etc send their B teams to play a game ?

How, what crowds do leigh get when they host Rovers v Man U resssies at the minute?

What would happen in the cups? Would only one team from each club be allowed to enter? What would happen if Man U 'A' drew Man U 'B' and Man U 'B' were winning with 10 to go? Which team do you think will win?

Just another way for the big clubs and their partners in crime way of cutting themselves of the little clubs.

It could also help them when the Euro Super League rears its ugly head again. The A team will enter that and then B team will remain in the English League.

How, what crowds do leigh get when they host Rovers v Man U resssies at the minute?

a lot more if Leigh were actually playing ..... Stanley got 3.5k for a pre-season friendly v's Everton they average about 1300 , that sort of increase over 10 games would be immense for them

What happens to be 'B' team when the premier league side gets relegated, does the 'B' team get kicked out of the football league?

a lot more if Leigh were actually playing ..... Stanley got 3.5k for a pre-season friendly v's Everton they average about 1300 , that sort of increase over 10 games would be immense for them

How many would they have got if Everton 'A' were playing at home the same day?

a conservative estimate ..... 1000 ???? young PL players get more competitive games , league 2 players play against better players and the following week they get the chance to play at Goodison or Anfield or Old Trafford and fans who would normally only get to see these grounds on telly get to see their team play competitively there. there could be some good come of it

a conservative estimate ..... 1000 ???? young PL players get more competitive games , league 2 players play against better players and the following week they get the chance to play at Goodison or Anfield or Old Trafford and fans who would normally only get to see these grounds on telly get to see their team play competitively there. there could be some good come of it

But would Stanley be one of the teams dumped to make make way?

quite probably .... bottom half low gates small club etc ....... i don' t honestly believe this is a good idea at all just playing devils advocate , a lot of what Greg Dyke and his cronies has said is bonkers and could never work but i can see some logic in there too something has to be done though 20% English players in the PL is just not acceptable, from what i've seen and heard the biggest gripe seems to be that clubs seem more prepared to buy mediocre foreign players and have them clogging up the squads rather than either A) develop their own or B) look down the divisons for English talent a classic example West Ham , for what they paid for that Maiga chap at the start of the season they could have bought say a Dwight Gayle or a Danny Ings .... why didnt they ?? .PL squads are far too big i would use a salary cap (not for individual players but for a the squad as a whole i.e each club has the same maximum amount each year for wages ) and the current maximum of 25 per squad with at least 8 being home grown it would stop clubs hoarding players and force them to sell them or send them out on loan. I would ban foreign players altogether from the academies and give each academy a maximum of 16 players per age group giving coaches more time to spend with a smaller group to improve their skills .

Many years ago they had the Central League (later the Pontins League) which was effectively a reserve league. All the big teams played at their own stadiums and used to draw decent crowds as these were played on alternate Saturdays to the first team. This was backed up by A and B teams. For the life in me I don't understand why they don't just do something like that without trying to upset the whole structure of the Football League. They could implement whatever rules they want to and manage it as they see fit.

The FA have always paid lip service to anything outside the professional game and they should be investing in grass roots and making the facilities better for youngsters. After the last World Cup it was reported that Germany had over 30000 qualified coaches and we had around 3000 (I can't remember the exact figures). The FA would be better off assisting potential coaches in getting qualified.

I dread to think how much St Georges Park cost and at the moment I see very little value in having it.

But ultimately it is all geared to having a successful national team but in all honesty who really cares about that? I can't remember the last time I watched an England game as the whole razzamataz and hype bores me rigid.

Yeah, Central League teams, what was wrong with that idea ? Too easy I suppose.

I had a conversation earlier, local teams here have reserve sides, they are in the football pyramid, and they can get promoted and relegated, there is no separate leagues where they play. Should there just not be a total separate reserve league. With a reserve fa cup, etc, promotion and relegation, maybe this could be for just the british players, or most british players.

A really good article from of all places FC United.

http://fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=5524

That's an interesting read. It seems like some clubs already have B teams, effectively - don't Man Utd, Chelsea and probably others loan young players to Belgian clubs so they can qualify to play in England?

I'd take issue with these quotes:

The whole report points to the abject failings of the Premier League in developing talent or improving the game.

I always thought the whole point of the Premier League was money. Not to develop players for the England team but to make piles of cash and improve the game as a spectacle, which they've arguably done quite well. There's plenty of talent in that league, it just isn't English.

English clubs won more European competition trophies in the 20 years before the establishment of the Premier League than the 20 years after – that is also a fail.

That's because English clubs were banned for several years (thanks, Liverpool) and found it difficult to compete again afterwards.

Archived