SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Ah but I'm going to France! Lol that's benodet, not benidorm

Ha, I must have misread your original post! Been a while since I've been to France so I couldn't really comment in that case!

Watched City Liverpool last year so will probably try the same place. Used to know a place that showed loads of English matches but it closed down a couple of years ago. It will depend if a French station like beinsport or canal+ Picks it up. Being Liverpool they might

For everyone's whinging about the prices, I wasn't expecting anything different on an overall spend for the game. I was expecting probably £25 for adults and £10 for kids so my net spend on one of each will be the same.

I don't think £30 is too harsh for an FA cup QF against 'Top 6' (as they like to call it) Prem opposition, it's not like it's every week and it's not like we haven't had a few good deals on pricing over the years. My ST was a good price, there's the offer on the Brentford, Millwall and Brighton games for non ST holders so I really don't think we've too much to complain about.

I suppose that when the club give priority SF tickets to those who've attended the cup games this season that'll be wrong too? (Not that that will make any kind of dent in Wembley's capacity)

It's the chance of a day out at Wembley and to put one over the Scousers. so get there and get behind the lads.

COYB

Pretty poor show that they are restricting Rovers fans being able to buy tickets - especially a seat they sit in every week. I know why they've done it, it's because of stuff like Burnley last season. All that will happen is "supporters" will walk down to the corner on the concourse in front of the stand.

Are these areas being cordoned off tonight? Or for any other games? There were absolutely no problems with the Liverpool fans being close to the Rovers fans at Anfield do I don't see there being any at Ewood. Plus, are the club going to stop Liverpool fans getting into the home areas, or even dealing with them once they are spotted? Are they heck.

yes, Stuart. They were cordoned off. I'm sure that, from a security perspective, it worked well. From my perspective, it spoilt the enjoyment of a) not being able to go into the stand I choose to watch games and b)it just takes away from the enjoyment of going to the game because it's unnecessary (you only had to look at how few away fans there were yesterday).

It's the same as everything about the club nowadays... no-one cares about the supporters and there's no one with whom you can talk to about any grievances.

I've always found Liverpool and Everton supporters who mingle with the home fans well behaved and almost apologetic for being there. All they want to do is watch their team and they try to be as unobtrusive as possible.

I'm going to have to find another seat. I hope that either goalmouth is not obstructed by a stanchion. I'm a bit weed off about this.

Across the country, is £30 the going rate for this type of match? Yes it is. I would wager that 90% of clubs in the top two leagues would charge it.

However, will 23000 Blackburn Rovers fans pay it? No, they won’t. Then it isn’t the ‘going rate’ such a match at Ewood Park.

You have to know your market, Rovers fans have never and I would bet will never pay £30 in large numbers for a home game (especially one live on TV). We didn’t for the Champions League and we haven’t done since- think of Villa semi-final, Milwall QF etc.

I've not read anywhere that the original tie and the replay must be the same price? For example Man Utd V Cambridge wasn't.

This was a chance to get thousands of lapsed fans back to the fold, to feel part of the club again. Anfield was like a throwback to the not so distant past. Though anecdotal, social media was full of fans stating that they’d be returning to Ewood for the replay, it could have led to a real boon for ST sales for the new season (or at least halted the very possible steep drop in sales).

We could even have had ‘early bird’ ST packs on the whole database’s doormat in the week of the match- though I’ve not got much faith in the commercial department on that score!

You make it £20/25, and you pretty much fill the ground, you make it £30 and it will be played in front of thousands of empty seats, that £5/10 will ensure we receive a nationwide hammering again. The joys!

Let me just say, it's good to see you posting again, Matty. :)

I've decided that £30 is more than I am preparing to pay for a variety of reasons. I'd rather do something else with that money. If that doesn't make me a 'good' or Proper fan then that's someone else's opinion. As previously said I feel Rovers could have done more to attract people for the match

Also apart from this opinion you know f all about me so can't really call what kind of fan I am

Pay peanuts get monkeys. That saying works both ways hollows. Jack Walker had a sign above his desk which read 'Think big'. Seems a small town club breeds a small town mentallity.

Given that in this case there is almost a month until the match is played I've got to say that although I may know f all about you that you most definitely aren't a proper fan.

Just as an aside did you go to the Swansea and Stoke matches?

You make it £20/25, and you pretty much fill the ground, you make it £30 and it will be played in front of thousands of empty seats, that £5/10 will ensure we receive a nationwide hammering again. The joys!

Don't FA Cup prices have to be agreed by both teams and are subject to a minimum fee anyway?

Last time we played Liverpool the ticket prices were £37.

I must admit I was suprised by the demand for the away game and that went well. I think we might be pleasantly surprised by the attendance for the Liverpool game

Don't FA Cup prices have to be agreed by both teams and are subject to a minimum fee anyway?

Everyone keeps saying this, but Liverpool have had domestic cup tie ticket prices on there website since the beginning of the season, strange if they have to agree them with the club that they are playing.

Archived