BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away

Been yonks since I started a thread; now thanks to the wonders of technology...

I can't really see anything other than a heavy loss but there's always hope. So 1-0 with an early goal for Rhodes and we defend for 75 mins like the universe depends on it.

WE ARE ROVERS!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be there but I would urge anyone who is to join in the applause on the 20th minute to remember Jack Walker, who lifted the Premier League trophy, here at Anfield, 20years ago and at the end of a minute I'd like to hear "Only one Jack Walker" here in Baxenden. Let's hear it loud lads and lasses.

To have a chance we need to pick the players who have attributes not easily negated by superior skilled opponents, which for me means Spurr at LB for his throw, Olsen on the wing with some pace to get throw ins, Gestede for his heading, Rhodes for his instincts in the six yard box and probably Taylor on the right, better defender and also an aerial threat. I would bench Conway and Marshall as Liverpool defenders face better versions of them every week. Also need a keeper who can play a blinder so that's Eastwood.

To have a chance we need to pick the players who have attributes not easily negated by superior skilled opponents, which for me means Spurr at LB for his throw, Olsen on the wing with some pace to get throw ins, Gestede for his heading, Rhodes for his instincts in the six yard box and probably Taylor on the right, better defender and also an aerial threat. I would bench Conway and Marshall as Liverpool defenders face better versions of them every week. Also need a keeper who can play a blinder so that's Eastwood.

Yes it would be wrong to put Steele in tomorrow so watch Bowyer do just that.

Taylor works hard and gets around but poses no physical or areial threat. Conway has been playing well recently and he always put a shift in. We need our best players and we need them ALL to turn up, something that has rarely happened this season so far.

I think we're in for a tubbing quite simply because Liverpool are on form and I felt our main threat to them would be Kings pace as they struggle with that at the back. Going forward though they have it in abundance so we'll probably sit deep.

Whatever happens though I just hope we make a game of it and just give all the plastics I know a bit to sweat about even if just for a little while. They've already booked their armchairs for the final never mind the semi. Anyway I'm putting all my issues with the gaffer to one side tomorrow. He and the players have earned the right to be there and nothing but 100% backing from me tomorrow whatever the team, I doubt i'll agree with it but i'll back it.

Reds 4 Rovers 2

Come on you BLUUUEEESSSSSSSSSSS

If we don't go 5 in midfield tomorrow we'll get torn a new one

excited for this... hoping for the best and, although we're playing a top premiership side, I will be disappointed if we lose because I truly believe we are a good footballing side COYB

Biggest game of the season.

And with Liverpool's form....looks like it will most likely be a hiding.

However, this is what I think we should try:

One, Eastwood needs to start. He has more than earned it, and it will be a massive injustice if he is dropped after helping Rovers reach this far. Steele has the league, but give Eastwood this.

Two, we need to play a very deep back four. We cannot afford to allow Sterling and Sturridge to get in behind us, they are too quick. We need to restrict their chances and frustrate them. But, we most not start tackling near the box, or else the ref will be giving away penalties like candy bars.

Three, we need a 5 man midfield, at at least one or two must stay in the hole, maybe Williamson, with the sole purpose of preventing Henderson and Coutinhio from shooting. They have been unstoppable lately, and it will get bad if we don't have a specific strategy against these two. We have to get bodies in the way.

Four....it is a huge blow we don't have King. We could have put together some good counterattacks with him, as Pool's defense is a bit shaky. The best we can do now is play Rudy on his own, and hope he can hold up the ball for an attack every once in a while, and more importantly head something in from a set piece, where Pool are weak. I see no purpose in playing Rhodes in this game, he will be snuffed out.

It must be a survival-mode strategy and we must keep to it no matter what is happening, and hope for the best. I feel that any type of open-game risk-taking will be punished hard.

BT sports I believe

No in other words. BT Sport is crap and nobody has it anyway. The sooner it is all back on Sky the better. Is it on Radio Lancashire?

• Moderation Lead

No in other words. BT Sport is crap and nobody has it anyway. The sooner it is all back on Sky the better. Is it on Radio Lancashire?

I do, it's a cheaper alternative to Sky!!

I just wander down to my parents' gaff to watch anything relatively decent!

Let BT carry on getting games, about time sky had a proper competitor, will drive prices in favour of the customers.

Haha, will it heck. Alls it means - as it does now - is that instead of paying one provider to watch footy, you now have to pay two.

Sky coverage is miles better and BT coverage not up to standards of Sky.

But very expensive. The sooner it is all back on the channels we all have no choice but to pay for the better.

And I include the open golf in that, disgrace.

But very expensive. The sooner it is all back on the channels we all have no choice but to pay for the better.

And I include the open golf in that, disgrace.

I have all Sports and Movies offered by Sky plus BT sports. Plus 3 SKY HD plus boxes in the house. Cost me nearly 120 pounds a month but fully worth it.

• Backroom

Hope you all have a brilliant day tomorrow boys and girls, hopefully one of the days that dreams are made of!

See you at Wembley

Archived