BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away

Really looking forward to today! We were going to try and get up to Liverpool for it, but work yesterday kept me down here.

I'm looking forward to seeing us play against a top team, I just hope we do play, though. Thoughtful preparation and the like. An early Liverpool sending off wouldn't go amiss, either.

Tactically, a firm, but relatively deep defensive line, with commited performances in central midfield might unsettle some of the younger Liverpool players and allow us to grow into the match. We've got to remain disciplined in the first 15 minutes or so.

Hope everyone heading to the match has a great day out - and night if you're planning one!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't talk nonsense, of course it helps to bring the price down for the customer. All you need to do is pick up the phone, tell them that BT offer a similar package for cheaper and they will offer you a cheaper deal. I've got the full package, sports, movies everything, plus landline and broadband for just £58 month, which is a good £50 cheaper than what it's advertised for.

You don't pay both, that would be silly. Choose one or the other, but when phoning use the competitors prices etc. Plus you could have both without paying to much, just get your broadband with BT and you get their sports channel free.

I have Sky Sports and I get Sky broadband free. How does BT save me money when they take one of the few Premier matches that I want to watch? I switched from BT broadband because it cost an arm and a leg.

Weird. I was trying to comment on the above but I can't quote and post. Anyway.......

BT TV and Sport is free to broadband subscribers. We pay £15/month for everything which is less than when BT TV was introduced. One only pays for BT Sport if you don't have the broadband.

All we pay for outside the £15 is for on demand films which to me is far preferable to subscribing to a film channel we would rarely watch. If we watch one a month that would be heavy use!!

For our house it's a far better deal than the £1300 per annum one poster said he paid Sky.

Don't you have to pay another £15/16 for a landline on top of that? I had to on BT.

As Josh King said after our win against Stoke 'The players really want to get to Wembley'

We're about to find out if they really really want to get there.

COYB

A great shame King won't be playing today as he effectively got us through the last two rounds, against Premier League clubs.

Someone mentioned Liverpool would win seven if we played them ten times.

I would say nine .............. Hoping today is the one in ten.

Don't you have to pay another £15/16 for a landline on top of that? I had to on BT.

Yes but living rurally a phone line is an essential as there is no cable and dodgy mobile reception. Always had a landline so can't really count that as part of the cost.

Right. Time to go. Anfield here we come. Feel good and excited about this!

Yes but living rurally a phone line is an essential as there is no cable and dodgy mobile reception. Always had a landline so can't really count that as part of the cost.

Of course it counts as part of the cost - certainly for comparison purposes.

Enjoy the match, Paul.

Right. Time to go. Anfield here we come. Feel good and excited about this!

It's one way to look at it but as BT insist you have the landline I would say it is part of the cost.

90 mins off wembley when we last beat them at Anfield in fa cup and Blake scored we were 10th in championship and they were 5th in prem so hopefully same.....

Found a stat about us and Liverpool. For all they are one of biggest clubs in the country and have a global fan base there have been more fans on Ewood watching little old rovers than Liverpool fans on Anfield watching Liverpool. Their record attendance is 61,905 vs wolves compared to our record attendance of 62,522 vs noblot. (Going off info from football grounds guide so don't know how reliable it is may be wrong)

To be fair that's pretty much the only thing we have over them. But suppose we have history over them having been formed nearly 20 yrs before the good people of Liverpool decided they wanted a 2nd team in the city.

Nahhhhh, we've got more than that. Including things we have over everyone, like three FA Cup wins in a row, the first professional player (unless it was unofficially Darwen, little controversial), a few other smaller scale firsts. Liverpool have never won the Premier League. We are founder members of the Football League. Reckon a fair bit higher percentage of our fans have actually seen us live too!

None of it matters though today.

Reckon we will struggle badly in this one. Decent team selection, just can't see how we can worry their defence without King's pace. Also terrified about what sturrige, sterling and coutinho will do to our back line.

Hope Gestede and Marshall have blinders. They are our biggest threats.

Also wonder what the future holds for bear head...? Probably just injured but we do look a lot better without him..

• Backroom

Looks to me like we're going to try and pack the midfield and defence, have Conway and Marshall knock balls onto Gestede's head and possibly try the odd overlap from Olsson and Henley.

I don't care about tactics tbh. As long as I see that 11 slug it out and run all day long, I'll be happy. COYB!!!

Archived