BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

16 hours ago, AAK said:

I was just told on Saturday by a chap who’s very involved with the academy side of things at the club, doesn’t work at the club, but attends every game and knows people who are involved in the set up and he’s been told it’s being downgraded to cat2, as cat2 means the club don’t have to spend the same level of money but can still play similar level opposition.

If I'm remembering rightly, you have to be cat 1 to play in the development league we play in. So it would reduce the level of opposition we played.

Academy spend is exempt from FFP (or P&S as it is now) calculations, so literally the only reason to willingly spend less on it is to save the owners money.

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If I'm remembering rightly, you have to be cat 1 to play in the development league we play in. So it would reduce the level of opposition we played.

Academy spend is exempt from FFP (or P&S as it is now) calculations, so literally the only reason to willingly spend less on it is to save the owners money.

Yes, we would be playing the nobbers, Accrington, Carlisle, Rochdale......its a big difference,  our better players will be lost to Cat A clubs and eventually the quality will be downgraded.   It's the only part of the club that nobody has raped.....now is the time.  The whole club is a shadow of its former self

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

From Rich Sharpe -

Spoke to Stuart Jones last month who said they'd recently had a four-day Premier League audit and met all the standards to be granted Category One status for another three-year cycle.

So someone’s got duff info. 

Thank fuck for that.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

From Rich Sharpe -

Spoke to Stuart Jones last month who said they'd recently had a four-day Premier League audit and met all the standards to be granted Category One status for another three-year cycle.

Did Rich Sharp report that at the time...?  Not sure I saw anything on here

Edited by Sparks Rover

6 hours ago, J*B said:

From Rich Sharpe -

And where does it say that just because we met all the standards that we will express an interest in maintaining Cat 1 status..??

I smellus Ratus Norvegicus.. or horse pooh or deliberately duff info being fed out..

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

And where does it say that just because we met all the standards that we will express an interest in maintaining Cat 1 status..??

I smellus Ratus Norvegicus.. or horse pooh or deliberately duff info being fed out..

One of the standards is putting in a certain amount of money. Why would we put that money in, meet all the standards, then ask to be cat 2? Would achieve literally nothing.

On 04/04/2022 at 21:02, Mattyblue said:

Forum ITK-ers. The floor is yours, as you’ve been telling us about all the fantastic changes incoming, so the Academy, our final remaining crown jewel, Jack’s vision flourishing with a team full of graduates, of course, won’t be downgraded?

Well well well I thought you would pop up😅

Just where this allegedly undoubtedly true news came from about the academy being downgraded is and was utter bullshit!

Its grade 1 status for 3 years, its getting better, the operation is much better and the youngsters that are coming through and that are on the radar are making it even more successful than the big clubs!

On 04/04/2022 at 22:25, SuperBrfc said:

If it is true, that the downgrade is happening to save on costs, that suggestion has only come from two people, IMO.

The two noble, salt of the earth, "put your money away Balaji, you've done enough for us, we can do it cheaper", tossers who need throwing out of our club.

I don't believe that the owners, who have no interest in any aspect of the club, have suddenly decided to downgrade the academy to save on a few bob.

Your third sentence was correct!

On 05/04/2022 at 13:43, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, we would be playing the nobbers, Accrington, Carlisle, Rochdale......its a big difference,  our better players will be lost to Cat A clubs and eventually the quality will be downgraded.   It's the only part of the club that nobody has raped.....now is the time.  The whole club is a shadow of its former self

The academy is a shining light in and amongst football and is admired from afar by many of the big clubs that is why we have such good relations with a number of Premier League clubs especially as we keep beating their teams!

On 05/04/2022 at 13:05, bluebruce said:

What utter nonsense, there has ALWAYS been a commitment to the academy.

On 05/04/2022 at 10:28, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, I said this when the training ground was sold.  It's obvious they want to develop one of the sites into real estate, they've been murmmurring for ages.

Some people on here said it didn't matter and we would stay Cat 1 the owners were adamant.....I don't even think the owners know what category we are.....Tesco and Mogadon are at the wheel......new contract incoming when we string a couple of wins together 

Clearly they do recognise the value of the academy and what it brings to the club making this comment as nonsensical as some of the others regarding the so called huge news that the academy was being downgraded !

22 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Well well well I thought you would pop up😅

Just where this allegedly undoubtedly true news came from about the academy being downgraded is and was utter bullshit!

Its grade 1 status for 3 years, its getting better, the operation is much better and the youngsters that are coming through and that are on the radar are making it even more successful than the big clubs!

It wasn’t my rumour, but a typically childish reply to someone that is very proud of our Academy and doesn’t want it diminished in any way…

and lest we forget this was a regime that was trying to flog off Brockhall a year ago, so no wonder fans would get spooked by rumours in the same ball park…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

What utter nonsense, there has ALWAYS been a commitment to the academy.

The utter nonsense was, as usual, your response to me. Try actually reading posts you quote instead of skim reading and inserting your agenda. I never said anything about there not being a commitment to the academy. I talked about a hypothetical in which they reduced academy spending, in line with the claim in the post I was quoting, and how if they did, it would only be to save the owners money.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It wasn’t my rumour, but a typically childish reply to someone that is very proud of our Academy and doesn’t want it diminished in any way…

and lest we forget this was a regime that was trying to flog off Brockhall a year ago, so no wonder fans would get spooked by rumours in the same ball park…

And that Matty is the real problem, fans immediately jumping to wrong conclusions then believing it to be true!

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

The utter nonsense was, as usual, your response to me. Try actually reading posts you quote instead of skim reading and inserting your agenda. I never said anything about there not being a commitment to the academy. I talked about a hypothetical in which they reduced academy spending, in line with the claim in the post I was quoting, and how if they did, it would only be to save the owners money.

So hypothetically it was still utter nonsense BB. From the very off there has and alway# been 100% commitments to the academy it’s the lifeline of the future of BRFC. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

So the real problem is the fans and not Venky’s?
Right then.

That’s bunkum Khod and you well know it. The point I have outlined is that far too many jump on rabid speculation, rumour and totally incorrect information that results in wrong conclusions.

I have never once said the owners haven’t got it wrong, another thing you will know after moderation of posts over the years. 

On the academy issue there is no argument to be had, it’s there, it’s supported, it’s paid for and it’s a priority for the club and it’s successful.

46 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

On the academy issue there is no argument to be had, it’s there, it’s supported, it’s paid for and it’s a priority for the club and it’s successful.

Yah, but Waggot and his mate.are still going to get their grubby hands on the land, they think they can do it cheaper.

And that Matty is the real problem, fans immediately jumping to wrong conclusions then believing it to be true!

You can’t expect fans not to jump to the wrong conclusion with everything that’s gone on since the 3 stooges took over. But this site has become a haven for misinformation and fabricated bullshit, you can tell it a mile off.

Edited by Gav

So hypothetically it was still utter nonsense BB. From the very off there has and alway# been 100% commitments to the academy it’s the lifeline of the future of BRFC. 

Always been 100% committed to the Academy, have they?

So the club’s published plans just last year was trying to reduce its footprint by half with scaled down facilities that would have meant the likely loss of Cat A, because…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yah, but Waggot and his mate.are still going to get their grubby hands on the land, they think they can do it cheaper.

But the land hasn’t been sold and no one has got their hands on any sale proceeds have they?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You can’t expect fans not to jump to the wrong conclusion with everything that’s gone on since the 3 stooges took over. But this site has become a haven for misinformation and fabricated bullshit, you can tell it a mile off.

Point 2!you are correct however jumping in the bandwagon of bad information isn’t a right idea my suggestion would be to give a bit of thought before jumping to a conclusion 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Always been 100% committed to the Academy, have they?

So the club’s published plans just last year was trying to reduce its footprint by half with scaled down facilities that would have meant the likely loss of Cat A, because…

The footprints wasn’t a 50% decrease there was a plan and it didn’t get off the ground. I would wait and see what happens next on this however I suspect it won’t involve Brockhall

How much of a percentage was it then? Because it was certainly substantial. Yes, it didn’t get off the ground, because of a vicious backlash and local opposition in Langho, not because they saw the errors of their ways.

We know the total 180 you’ve done on these owners, and that’s up to you. But you need to lay off the patronising tone with others that quite rightly still have big reservations with this regime, you know, because of their actions over many, many years (I.e the attempted sell off just a year ago, yes a year, not a decade).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How much of a percentage was it then? Because it was certainly substantial. Yes, it didn’t get off the ground, because of a vicious backlash and local opposition in Langho, not because they saw the errors of their ways.

We know the total 180 you’ve done on these owners, and that’s up to you. But you need to lay off the patronising tone with others that quite rightly still have big reservations with this regime, you know, because of their actions over many, many years (I.e the attempted sell off just a year ago, yes a year, not a decade).

A total 180 on the owners ? Where the he’ll have you deduced that from ? My stance has never changed in that respect in that I want them out and want change. 
From what I have seen and been told I have a view on the future of the club and I doubt very much that whoever holds the keys to Ewood would be doing anything much different - I do retain an option to change that view if things do not happen or take a much different path. 
We can slate the venkys as much as we can and do but it remains they are funding the club and of issue there is no doubt 

Sorry I don’t get your stance at all, you have rounded on anybody that has dared to criticise the club or owners since you emerged form Swag’s office a year ago or whenever it was… but you are now trying to say you want regime change? 

Have you told Waggott this?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I have never swayed from my opinion nor have I rounded on anyone for having alternate views - my views are that the club is bigger than the owners more important than the owners and this is w point supporters should take rather than  concentrating in the owners.

In answering your big question yes I have because that was is and remains my view. I understand they are backing their club and I accept that. I have an understanding on how they view the future of the club and I accept that and I understand the changes they are making/want to make and hope to make and once again I accept it. This doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.
I am not alone in this respect I am sure there are many others who know more about what is going on what is happening and what the future may hold  as well as the reasons why changes are being made have been made and are yet to be made.

my sole interest as a fan is my club and how it performs. I want it to be successful I want a better manager I want to see us promoted.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I have never swayed from my opinion nor have I rounded on anyone for having alternate views - my views are that the club is bigger than the owners more important than the owners and this is w point supporters should take rather than  concentrating in the owners.

In answering your big question yes I have because that was is and remains my view. I understand they are backing their club and I accept that. I have an understanding on how they view the future of the club and I accept that and I understand the changes they are making/want to make and hope to make and once again I accept it. This doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.
I am not alone in this respect I am sure there are many others who know more about what is going on what is happening and what the future may hold  as well as the reasons why changes are being made have been made and are yet to be made.

my sole interest as a fan is my club and how it performs. I want it to be successful I want a better manager I want to see us promoted.

What is this "understanding on how they view the future of the club?"

You and RevidgeBlue were waxing lyrical about these cryptic plans months ago. Is there any meat to be put on the bones yet?

• Like 1