BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Downing was there in some sort of coaching capacity.

I wonder if he is still being paid as a player or picking up a wedge for being a pretend player and a (trainee?) coach.

It is Rovers after all and we like to take care of spent merchandise especially from Mowbrays love club.

What a shambles.

The game itself bored me rigid. I thought I'd died and gone to hell. Like looking at the worst of Rovers but being played by kids.

Must admit today was one of the worst performances I have seen this season

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

Who are the players from the development team you would play tomorrow ?

I didn’t say play. I said a place on the bench. The experience of being with the first team would help them. I’d take Annesley, Butterworth and either McBride or Pike.

I’d give Butterworth a good 20 minute run out instead of Buckley.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Based on what I am watching. If any of them become first team regulars we really are in the shit. They may make it as far as desperate cover. I hope that I am wrong.

What qualifies you to determine they’re not going to make it to the first team? Rather than watching, have you any qualifications that are better than our coaches? My glass is half full, yours must be half empty. 

30 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

What qualifies you to determine they’re not going to make it to the first team? Rather than watching, have you any qualifications that are better than our coaches? My glass is half full, yours must be half empty. 

50 years of being involved and watching football. Lets just wait and see if any of them make it next season. It doesn't matter about our glasses, it matters about their abilities. Your an optimist, I'm a realist.

Edited by rigger

26 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

You don't need qualifications to give an opinion on football.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I didn’t say play. I said a place on the bench. The experience of being with the first team would help them. I’d take Annesley, Butterworth and either McBride or Pike.

I’d give Butterworth a good 20 minute run out instead of Buckley.

Think Butterworth is still injured.

Annesley only came off the bench whereas he usually starts, but I expect that doesn't mean he will have any involvement tomorrow. Especially with Ayala already taking a centre half bench spot.

Massive missed opportunity to take a proper look at the kids, but Mowbray has form for this. No matter how early our season is over.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rigger said:

Based on what I am watching. If any of them become first team regulars we really are in the shit. They may make it as far as desperate cover. I hope that I am wrong.

I think you are wrong and shouldn't based that they wont become 1st team regulars here on one game. I think at 3 or 4 of the starting line tonight should be part of our first team plans for next season

6 hours ago, rigger said:

Who are the players from the development team you would play tomorrow ?

McBride or Burns, Pike and Whitehall would have been on the bench in the last few games possible starting them..

Why not start Pike for a couple of games? 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you are wrong and shouldn't based that they wont become 1st team regulars here on one game. I think at 3 or 4 of the starting line tonight should be part of our first team plans for next season

McBride or Burns, Pike and Whitehall would have been on the bench in the last few games possible starting them..

Why not start Pike for a couple of games? 

The problem with starting Pike is that it would mean dropping Nyambe, who is better, and who I would hope we are trying to persuade to stay. Would you replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns ?

3 hours ago, rigger said:

The problem with starting Pike is that it would mean dropping Nyambe, who is better, and who I would hope we are trying to persuade to stay. Would you replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns ?

Haven't we offered Nyambe and he hasn't sign it? So Yes I would have start Pike for a couple of games

When you say replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns are you talking about if Armstrong leaves this summer or just in the last few games this season?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't we offered Nyambe and he hasn't sign it? So Yes I would have start Pike for a couple of games

When you say replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns are you talking about if Armstrong leaves this summer or just in the last few games this season?

I didn't say replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns. You said play McBride or Burns. The only player either of those two could replace is Armstrong. Therefore my question for you stands. Would you have replaced Armstrong for either McBride or Burns, today. 

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

I didn't say replace Armstrong with McBride or Burns. You said play McBride or Burns. The only player either of those two could replace is Armstrong. Therefore my question for you stands. Would you have replaced Armstrong for either McBride or Burns, today. 

I would have play Burns or McBride with Armstrong today in a front 2

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I would have played Brereton with Armstrong in a front 2, but each to their own.

In the last few games was the time to play a few of the under 23's like Pike, Whitehall, Burns and McBride for me. 

Brereton is better in wide role in front 3. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In the last few games was the time to play a few of the under 23's like Pike, Whitehall, Burns and McBride for me. 

Brereton is better in wide role in front 3. 

I am not saying that the youngsters should not have been given a chance. but the ones you mention, who would you drop for them ?

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I am not saying that the youngsters should not have been given a chance. but the ones you mention, who would you drop for them ?

Well they would have been part of the 18 man squad. Evans, Downing, Johnson, Bennett wouldn't have been on the bench for the last few games. 

Burns could have play left side of front 3 with Armstrong and Brereton in a couple of games. Wecpould have play a front with Armstrong with McBride or Burns in front 2

Whitehall could have started today with Travis and Buckley today. 

Pike play instead of Nyambe as previously mention

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well they would have been part of the 18 man squad. Evans, Downing, Johnson, Bennett wouldn't have been on the bench for the last few games. 

Burns could have play left side of front 3 with Armstrong and Brereton in a couple of games. Wecpould have play a front with Armstrong with McBride or Burns in front 2

Whitehall could have started today with Travis and Buckley today. 

Pike play instead of Nyambe as previously mention

But Burns, McBride, Whitehall, and Pike. Are not replacements for Evans, Downing, Johnson or Bennet. You cannot just replace numbers. You have to look at the positions that they play. Whitehall is probably the best positional replacement, but probably the weakest of the four that you suggest.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

But Burns, McBride, Whitehall, and Pike. Are not replacements for Evans, Downing, Johnson or Bennet. You cannot just replace numbers. You have to look at the positions that they play. Whitehall is probably the best positional replacement, but probably the weakest of the four that you suggest.

yet we have no sub striker on bench today or last few games. Why do we need so many midfielders on bench. We need 2. not bloody 4 or 5.  

Play Burns from the start with Armstrong and Brereton as front 3 with the 3 midfielders we started with Whitehall on bench and start Pike inplace of Nyambe. McBride on bench. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

yet we have no sub striker on bench today or last few games. Why do we need so many midfielders on bench. We need 2. not bloody 4 or 5.  

Play Burns from the start with Armstrong and Brereton as front 3 with the 3 midfielders we started with Whitehall on bench and start Pike inplace of Nyambe. McBride on bench. 

We are never going to agree, so lets just leave it at that.

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

We are never going to agree, so lets just leave it at that.

No we won't. 

I want to see us bring through more and more under 23's players into the first team and we need a manager/head coach who will to this. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No we won't. 

I want to see us bring through more and more under 23's players into the first team and we need a manager/head coach who will to this. 

See, that is where we differ. I want to see us bring through more players of the required standard, that improve the first team. I agree we need a new manager to do this

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

See, that is where we differ. I want to see us bring through more players of the required standard, that improve the first team. I agree we need a new manager to do this

I believe the players I have mention are good enough for the Championship standard. 

I remember saying when we were in League one under Mowbray that Lewis Travis should be breaking into our first team squad and will become a massive player for us. He is one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I enjoyed watching the under 23's and 18's pre pandemic and I cannot why until we are allow back in. 

any suggestion who this manager/head coach could be

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe the players I have mention are good enough for the Championship standard. 

I remember saying when we were in League one under Mowbray that Lewis Travis should be breaking into our first team squad and will become a massive player for us. He is one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I enjoyed watching the under 23's and 18's pre pandemic and I cannot why until we are allow back in. 

any suggestion who this manager/head coach could be

But are the players you mentioned going to improve the first team. As you say Travis is a cert, this is due to the fact that he improves the first team. Not just because he played for the U23s, so you agree with me on that. If Mowbray is still manager next season, I will be going to watch the U23s instead of the first team. If we are allowed. I have no preference who replaces Mowbray.

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

But are the players you mentioned going to improve the first team. As you say Travis is a cert, this is due to the fact that he improves the first team.

was it cert when Travis came into the first team? I was a big fan of him based on under 23's performance

I think they will add to the first team squad but we will only ever know when they play for first team