BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Never said you said it would. Point is if he is fit enough to warm up with the first team but didn't play, he really should be in the u21s the next day. Not going to develop just doing training and warm ups.

It's a fair point

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought he did ok after a very shaky first 10 minutes. Has he been seen since ?

No. Just on the bench and warm ups. Pointless loan tbh

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rochdale_rover said:

This is all well and good be we do the same to teams lower in the ladder

We took tyjon from my local team Rochdale.

We should just have them on the bench giving minutes here and there instead of playing shit loanees

I get your point, but it still sucks giant balls, also as we are higher in divisions and stature than Rochdale there's a LOT more potential money at stake when we lose one of our quality academy players for virtually nothing 

On 08/05/2024 at 16:51, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Gent should definitely be given a chance in pre-season to prove whether he should be in and around the first team squad

And if he’s not it makes an absolute mockery out of us loaning players out. He’s gone out and been arguably their best player for a season whilst playing at a good level. He should be pushing for a starting position this season now.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

A good player at right-back or right wing-back. He will be cover for if we play four at the back, or three at the back.

He's never played a second of senior football. Like Batty, I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Can't go into the season with him as the primary RB backup.

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's never played a second of senior football. Like Batty, I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

Can't go into the season with him as the primary RB backup.

Nobody has played senior football until they have. We will probably go into the new season with Duru as cover for right back, and wing back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Duru has signed a new contract until 2026 with an option for a further year

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/duru-deal-extended/

The outstanding prospect in the Under-21's. Has made real progress this season and I believe will be challenging for a first team spot next season.  Has pace to burn, tackles well when defending, and always looks a threat going forward.

• Like 4