BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

27 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Baker 2 years to prove he’s capable of making the u23s. Burns 1 year for either loan out or breakthrough into first team squad. Burns needs to kick on and prove the second half of the season was not a fluke.

They're the same age. But one is playing in the u23s and one in the u18s. The former is clearly ahead of the latter, at the same age, yet we have given more security to the latter. It doesn't make sense on the surface.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

They're the same age. But one is playing in the u23s and one in the u18s. The former is clearly ahead of the latter, at the same age, yet we have given more security to the latter. It doesn't make sense on the surface.

Ones a Scholar and ones a 1st year pro. 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

Perhaps, and I am not saying this is true, but maybe one has impressed more than the other to the people who make the contract decisions. We will never know. Lets just hope the future is rosy.

Just think if he had impressed more he should have been in the u23s.

9 hours ago, rigger said:

Do they both play the same position ?

Since I watch very little u23s, just the odd streamed game, and no u18s, I couldn't say for sure. But similar I think - Baker is described as an attacker and Burns as a striker in the LT article.

It's a minor gripe, and I'm only confused at how short Burns' deal is than having any kind of problem with the length of Baker's, I just find the logic a bit strange and not for the first time with our contract lengths at the club. I'd have thought 2 years guaranteed with a 1 year option in our favour made more sense. Given his age and being a key attacker for the u23s in his debut season for them.

I suppose you never know if it came from the player's agent though for whatever reason.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Since I watch very little u23s, just the odd streamed game, and no u18s, I couldn't say for sure. But similar I think - Baker is described as an attacker and Burns as a striker in the LT article.

It's a minor gripe, and I'm only confused at how short Burns' deal is than having any kind of problem with the length of Baker's, I just find the logic a bit strange and not for the first time with our contract lengths at the club. I'd have thought 2 years guaranteed with a 1 year option in our favour made more sense. Given his age and being a key attacker for the u23s in his debut season for them.

I suppose you never know if it came from the player's agent though for whatever reason.

The problem is you are crediting the people giving out the contracts, with working on normal logic. This does not seem to be the case at the Rovers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19319455.blackburn-rovers-secure-extended-stay-starlet-zak-gilsenan/

Huge hype over here about this kid a few years ago. Interesting that he has ended up at Rovers

He was literally labelled "the Irish Messi" 

Bloody hell, that's three different Messi's in one day. Now we just need to get linked to the Turkish Messi Otzhumer.

None will eclipse the Scottish Rooney though! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bloody hell, that's three different Messi's in one day. Now we just need to get linked to the Turkish Messi Otzhumer.

None will eclipse the Scottish Rooney though! 

Scottish Messi, Irish Messi, who was the third?

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't know why they didn't just go with the new Duff instead of the Irish Messi 

Presumably because of this bit (Not my spelling error):

"the talent attacker having also spent two years in Barcelona’s La Masia Academy set-up"

35 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Presumably because of this bit (Not my spelling error):

"the talent attacker having also spent two years in Barcelona’s La Masia Academy set-up"

Ah ya, I know he went to Barca. I just think setting the bar at Duff's level would probably have been high enough for the young lad!