BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't remembering you answering it.

No point asking them, they don't know. It doesn't make sense that 5 months later this key role is unfilled. Nobody is surprised though. 

Ps, I hope you see the irony of saying I repeating time after time 

I answered it with "No Idea". 

If all honestly Its boring and adds nothing to the messageboard apart from posting count

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Harwood-Bellis will be replace by Wharton and Ayala. 

Elliott will need replacing but I confident that's players like JRC and Dolan can fill some of the void plus we still need a wide signing for me. 

Replacing Armstrong will be tough but they are players who I feel can replace him and score goals. I've suggested in the past Who I would target. 

If you have no optimism for next season what's the point in getting a season ticket and attend games? 

Been over recruitment several times with yourself so I dont feel the need to do so again. 

Of course there is otherwise what the point in a season getting another 25 million pounds in debt if we aren't going to promotion? 

If my attendance was dependant on an expectation or optimism of a genuine and serious prospect of a play off push then I wouldn't have had many if any season tickets since Venkys took over.

As others have touched on, there is a difference between what you think we should be aiming for and where you think we will end up. The manager is the same and the overall structure is very much the opposite of Barnsley, they are efficient, we are negligent.

Why do you expect that Mowbray will suddenly turn things around, which he would need to do in order to push us towards the expectations that you have?

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I answered it with "No Idea". 

If all honestly Its boring and adds nothing to the messageboard apart from posting count

You get involved in the most nonsensical back and forths for pages on end quoting poster after poster. 

The inability of the club to fill such a key role after 5 months is very important imo. You can pretend it doesn't matter all you want. You are wrong. 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If my attendance was dependant on an expectation or optimism of a genuine and serious prospect of a play off push then I wouldn't have had many if any season tickets since Venkys took over.

As others have touched on, there is a difference between what you think we should be aiming for and where you think we will end up. The manager is the same and the overall structure is very much the opposite of Barnsley, they are efficient, we are negligent.

Why do you expect that Mowbray will suddenly turn things around, which he would need to do in order to push us towards the expectations that you have?

If Barnsley are so efficient why did they let the contract of their best player Mowatt run down so that he has left without a fee ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

If Barnsley are so efficient why did they let the contract of their best player Mowatt run down so that he has left without a fee ?

Not perfectly efficient, no club is, but their proactive recruitment of both a manager and some good players led to them finishing in the play offs, 21 points ahead of us.

Where do you think we will finish this season? Do you think that Mowbray needs replacing?

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not perfectly efficient, no club is, but their proactive recruitment of both a manager and some good players led to them finishing in the play offs, 21 points ahead of us.

Where do you think we will finish this season? Do you think that Mowbray needs replacing?

Lets see what happens in pre season.

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How much money will the manager - whoever it is - have to spend? Who do you get if it is a nugatory amount ? 

Surely the emphasis would be to get more from the current squad for a new manager? A low budget is to be expected but most teams have a low budget, doesnt mean that we should accept a manager who is forcing regression.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I

You mention Barnsley having a structure and they do have recruitment policy of signing players 24 and under. When I.mention us having some sort of similar policy you were against.. change your opinion on this? 

Cos he has too. Last season he didnt perform well enough and should have paid the price with his job last season. He cant have any more excuses this season now like shorter summer period or the pandemic or anything else? 

Last season we should finish in the top 6 given the backing he has had and last season in terms of wage budget for signings. And in transfers fees in the past 2 seasons before last. This is his squad now

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The inability of the club to fill such a key role after 5 months is very important imo. You can pretend it doesn't matter all you want. 

Change the record. You just keep going on and on this head of recruitment position. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mention Barnsley having a structure and they do have recruitment policy of signing players 24 and under. When I.mention us having some sort of similar policy you were against.. change your opinion on this? 

Cos he has too. Last season he didnt perform well enough and should have paid the price with his job last season. He cant have any more excuses this season now? 

Change the record. You just keep going on and on this head of recruitment position. 

Why cant he have more excuses? If he was being judged on results like any other club, he would have long since been sacked but he hasnt been. He is failing but it doesnt matter to our absent owners.

You are confusing where you think we should expect to be with where you actually think that we will be. Our target ahead of the last 2 seasons was the play offs and we got nowhere near in either season, considerably regressing in the last one. Why would you logically expect the same manager to suddenly start taking us forward when you yourself have also said that he should have been replaced? We should be closer to the play offs, but that assumes that the manager is competent to take us forward.

I think that we need more experience to be honest. Our team lacks character and lacks know how. Although Barnsleys' signings last season included 29 year old Matty James, 26 year old Dominik Freiser ans 25 year olds Carlton Morris and Michal Helik, and have just signed 26 year old Devante Cole, so hardly just under 24 year olds. But even so, our policy is very much haphazard, random signings, many on loan, and many with links to Teeside. Will that suddenly change to a well oiled recruitment drive? Doubtful.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The inability of the club to fill such a key role after 5 months is very important imo. You can pretend it doesn't matter all you want. You are wrong. 

Mogqdon and Maggot won't want a head of recruitment.  Maggot will save on a wage and Mogadon will decide who we sign.  Why did the last one leave.....?  It matters that they control everything, the hiring of an employee is a straight forward process I'm sure there are loads of applicants. 

Stinks of the Teeside mafia.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why cant he have more excuses? 

He has months to plan this summer recruitment and has everything in his favour. He got the recruitment strategy and structure he wanted. No short Summer break, pandemic under control. 

You are confusing where you think we should expect to be with where you actually think that we will be.

I'm not confusing anything. We should be targeting the playoffs every season  

I think that we need more experience to be honest. Our team lacks character and lacks know how. But even so, our policy is very much haphazard, random signings, many on loan,

I think we need 1 or 2 more experience but we have plenty of players with experience in terms of games appearances like Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Pickering, Ayala, Wharton, Johnson, Rothwell, Armstrong, Gallagher. 

I've have mention Mowbray's transfer businesses over the 2 years not fitting a plan at all or the tactics he wants to pĺay. Glad to see you agreeing with me

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has months to plan this summer recruitment and has everything in his favour. He got the recruitment strategy and structure he wanted. No short Summer break, pandemic under control. 

I'm not confusing anything. We should be targeting the playoffs every season  

I think we need 1 or 2 more experience but we have plenty of players with experience in terms of games appearances like Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Pickering, Ayala, Wharton, Johnson, Rothwell, Armstrong, Gallagher. 

I've have mention Mowbray's transfer businesses over the 2 years not fitting a plan at all or the tactics he wants to pĺay. Glad to see you agreeing with me

Should we be targetting the play offs? Yes, I would say so. But do I think that under Mowbray and with the current squad, we can get anywhere close? Not at all. 

He doesnt need excuses, the owners dont care and the CEO is his mate. His job is safe. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos he has too. Last season he didnt perform well enough and should have paid the price with his job last season. He cant have any more excuses this season now like shorter summer period or the pandemic or anything else? 

Last season we should finish in the top 6 given the backing he has had and last season in terms of wage budget for signings. And in transfers fees in the past 2 seasons before last. This is his squad now

😂

You were banging on about having a head of European recruitment for months ,like it was going to have us up at the top of the league. Now we don't have a head of recruitment, you have decided it doesn't matter. 

Classic Chaddy. 

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Should we be targetting the play offs? Yes, I would say so. But do I think that under Mowbray and with the current squad, we can get anywhere close? Not at all. 

Good for you. 

It should be the target for Mowbray and anything else is simply not good enough. I see no reason why with 2 or 3 quality signings and we keep Armstrong why we shouldn't targeting and getting top 6. Mowbray has built this squad and can't have any more excuses now. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

😂

You were banging on about having a head of European recruitment for months ,like it was going to have us up at the top of the league. Now we don't have a head of recruitment, you have decided it doesn't matter. 

Classic Chaddy. 

Where did I say it didn't matter? Not what I said but I said I'm bored of you keep going on and on about daily. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you. 

It should be the target for Mowbray and anything else is simply not good enough. I see no reason why with 2 or 3 quality signings and we keep Armstrong why we shouldn't targeting and getting top 6. Mowbray has built this squad and can't have any more excuses now. 

Where did I say it didn't matter? Not what I said but I said I'm bored of you keep going on and on about daily. 

You said it doesn't matter. You said the targets have already been identified, so it's irrelevant whether there is someone in place now. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good for you. 

Anyone else getting the feeling of groundhog day? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said it doesn't matter. You said the targets have already been identified, so it's irrelevant whether there is someone in place now. 

The club and Mowbray have already said that the new head of recruitment wouldn't have much of impact on this window as the work on this windows signings has already been done. thats why we have recruitment team including scouts, data analysis people and video analysis people. Did you miss this?

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club and Mowbray have already said that the new head of recruitment wouldn't have much of impact on this window as the work on this windows signings has already been done. thats why we have recruitment team including scouts, data analysis people and video analysis people. Did you miss this?

Lol, the club and Mowbray said it. I wait with bated breath for these signings to start so. We would want to get moving, because other clubs are. You have reverted to your position that the club can do no wrong, even when the reality is staring us all in the face. 

It's bizzare that after 5 months they haven't filled the role. Any eejit can see that. It's amateur, but unfortunately not surprising. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel