BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

6 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Have you seen him this season? I have and he looks like he will be good enough for the Championship.

Yes I have. In my opinion there is no way he is playing for our first team. His position in the U23s is likely to be contested and taken by Ash Phillips. He could then be shunted around to different positions, where he has even less chance of making the first team

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yes I have. In my opinion there is no way he is playing for our first team. His position in the U23s is likely to be contested and taken by Ash Phillips. He could then be shunted around to different positions, where he has even less chance of making the first team

Disagree he’s not playing the same position as Phillips. Ash looks a beast, Annesley is a ball player and they could play as a pair.

28 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Disagree he’s not playing the same position as Phillips. Ash looks a beast, Annesley is a ball player and they could play as a pair.

I thought they were both center-halfs. They may well play together in the U23s, it depends on who the manager picks. But I would say Phillips will be playing first team, Annesley won't.

11 hours ago, rigger said:

I thought they were both center-halfs. They may well play together in the U23s, it depends on who the manager picks. But I would say Phillips will be playing first team, Annesley won't.

There’s more than one centre half in a team. They played in a three against Everton the other week. Both looked assured, I would have hoped Annesley would have got a loan sorted. Given the bunch of morons running the club they couldn’t get a single u23 sorted with a loan, which is surprising as we are one of the top academies in the country. I’m excluding Chapman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

There’s more than one centre half in a team. They played in a three against Everton the other week. Both looked assured, I would have hoped Annesley would have got a loan sorted. Given the bunch of morons running the club they couldn’t get a single u23 sorted with a loan, which is surprising as we are one of the top academies in the country. I’m excluding Chapman.

It sounds like they could have, they said there was tons of interest. They just...didn't.

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

I would say Annesley is sixth in line for a center-half position. Ayala, Lenihan,Carter, Wharton, Phillips, I would put ahead of him. I do not know the reason why he did not get a loan, perhaps he didn't want one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

I would say Annesley is sixth in line for a center-half position. Ayala, Lenihan,Carter, Wharton, Phillips, I would put ahead of him. I do not know the reason why he did not get a loan, perhaps he didn't want one. 

8th. He is behind Magloire and Van Hecke too.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rigger said:

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

8th. He is behind Magloire and Van Hecke too.

Given another 12 months to fill out like Wharton, he’ll be ahead of Lenihan, he’s got better distribution and is very comfortable on the ball. As for Magloire he currently has too many misjudgments in a game. He puts the willies up me at times.

59 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Given another 12 months to fill out like Wharton, he’ll be ahead of Lenihan, he’s got better distribution and is very comfortable on the ball. As for Magloire he currently has too many misjudgments in a game. He puts the willies up me at times.

So your prediction is that in 12 months, our 8th choice CB will be our first/second choice? I think he will struggle to move that far up the pecking order playing at least half of this season in the u23s again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Given another 12 months he may well be struggling to hold on to an U23s center-half position. The only person he will be in front of is Van Hecke, when he returns to Brighton.

Edited by rigger

I'm beginning to wonder if we value being in division 1 of the under 23's league as more important than developing under 23 players. The likes of Butterworth, Pike, Vale, Brennan, Annesley and McBride are either in their 20's or soon turning 20 and between them have a handful of senior appearances.  You can only develop so much playing age group football when you are getting into your 20's you need to be starting to play senior football regularly. 

Magloire is probably 6th/7th choice and turns 23 in a few months playing under 23's football is of zero benefit to him, he should have been moved on by now. The Greek goalie isn't going to gain much from playing under 23's football he's already played senior top flight football in Bulgaria, he'd be learning much more out playing in league 2 say or the National League.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm beginning to wonder if we value being in division 1 of the under 23's league as more important than developing under 23 players.

I've got a theory that Mogadon and Maggot are showing the Indians this league every week instead...Madam thinks we are Premier league and playing top teams every week..Well done Tony and Steve, good lads them.

Edited by Sparks Rover

59 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've got a theory that Mogadon and Maggot are showing the Indians this league every week instead...Madam thinks we are Premier league and playing top teams every week..Well done Tony and Steve, good lads them.

The academy is doing great, madame, we're top of the league and it's all down to our inspirational leadership. We should get new contracts 😉

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is it beyond the rules to say this kind of made up faux comedy post is exactly why I go from reading this website to months off at a time? 

• Moderation Lead
53 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Is it beyond the rules to say this kind of made up faux comedy post is exactly why I go from reading this website to months off at a time? 

It’s only someone else’s opinion lad, don’t get your nose bent too much out of shape about it….

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

No but it's a bit of a weird take. If you don't like someone's joke, move on.

Delighted for Mike Sheron. Done an excellent job with under 18's and hopefully he will continue to do this with under 23's now. Right choice by the club. I enjoyed his Rovers chat interview last season. Was very good and insightful.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

16 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If annesely is ever one of our main four cbs something has gone terribly wrong and I dread to think what league we would be in

He put in a good shift against Latvia on Wednesday before getting taken off in an attacking change (Annesley as DM replaced by Anthony Hernandez, an AM/CF) which backfired when Latvia scored twice.