BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 hours ago, inflikted said:

He put in a good shift against Latvia on Wednesday before getting taken off in an attacking change (Annesley as DM replaced by Anthony Hernandez, an AM/CF) which backfired when Latvia scored twice.

And does that have any bearing on whether Annesley will get a game as a Rovers  center-half ?

2 hours ago, rigger said:

And does that have any bearing on whether Annesley will get a game as a Rovers  center-half ?

You obviously don’t like the lad, I hope he proves you wrong. Don’t come on the site if he makes the grade crowing about how you knew he had it.

49 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

You obviously don’t like the lad, I hope he proves you wrong. Don’t come on the site if he makes the grade crowing about how you knew he had it.

I don't like or dislike Annesley, as I don't know him. What I have said, and believe is, that he will never make a  regular Rovers first team center-half. I would say there is more chance of him plaiting sawdust, than him proving me wrong. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What views do those who follow the under 18's and Under 23's have of the internal promotions of Mike Sheron and Ryan Kidd to replace the outgoing Billy Barr?

Well deserved promotions or the cheap option?

I would say the promotions are well deserved. 

Sheron did excellent work with under 18's and the Youth FA Cup run in 19/20 was great to watch. Beating PNE 4-2 and beating Arsenal 4-1 was joy and delighted to be there watching. We are playing the best academics in the country and having successes. 

Kidd was part of those successes so it's promotion to 18's lead coach is the right one. 

Bringing through more players from academy is likely to be key part of Rovers future planning and transfer policy and it's vital we have the right coaches in place. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say the promotions are well deserved. 

Sheron did excellent work with under 18's and the Youth FA Cup run in 19/20 was great to watch. Beating PNE 4-2 and beating Arsenal 4-1 was joy and delighted to be there watching. We are playing the best academics in the country and having successes. 

Kidd was part of those successes so it's promotion to 18's lead coach is the right one. 

Bringing through more players from academy is likely to be key part of Rovers future planning and transfer policy and it's vital we have the right coaches in place. 

Thanks chaddy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What views do those who follow the under 18's and Under 23's have of the internal promotions of Mike Sheron and Ryan Kidd to replace the outgoing Billy Barr?

Well deserved promotions or the cheap option?

Deserved, and the obvious options. Strange that good manning decisions are made lower down, but not at our top levels.

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He can’t sign a pro contract until he’s 17 (in June). So you can imagine that a 16 year old playing for our U23s and England under 17s is going to be very difficult to tie down with some of the clubs in this region sniffing around…

They'll get him on a deal. The issue will be length. Needs to be nice and long but agent might advise him to push for shorter. No sense in young players leaving Rovers academy at scholarship age. Cat 1, top youth league, clear progression opportunities evidenced every season. I'd be massively shocked if we lost him.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

They'll get him on a deal. The issue will be length. Needs to be nice and long but agent might advise him to push for shorter. No sense in young players leaving Rovers academy at scholarship age. Cat 1, top youth league, clear progression opportunities evidenced every season. I'd be massively shocked if we lost him.

There is a possibility if manure or Liverpool come in with a silly bid in the millions. Don’t forget Liverpool did that with at 16yr old they loaned to us last season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's almost like Mowbray is putting the young man in the shop window. He has been quoted twice in recent days eulogising about him.

Or there's a confidence he'll sign as they're keeping him incentivised and they really do believe in his ability. He's the real deal this lad. Should be getting a chance at the end of this season if all okay position in the table wise.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Or there's a confidence he'll sign as they're keeping him incentivised and they really do believe in his ability. He's the real deal this lad. Should be getting a chance at the end of this season if all okay position in the table wise.

I have seen him play three times now and he does look like an excellent prospect but in my view he needs protecting from the pariahs and vultures that might see him as a cash cow. I have actually spoken to his mother at games a couple of times and she seems grounded about him. There will be clubs monitoring him right now and as we have seen under these owners they do like to sell players. 

How do you mean they are keeping him 'incentivised'?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have seen him play three times now and he does look like an excellent prospect but in my view he needs protecting from the pariahs and vultures that might see him as a cash cow. I have actually spoken to his mother at games a couple of times and she seems grounded about him. There will be clubs monitoring him right now and as we have seen under these owners they do like to sell players. 

How do you mean they are keeping him 'incentivised'?

He probably means, they are trying to keep him here by things like, including him in the Boro away squad, Taking him off in injury time at Ewood so that he gets his own applause. Little things that show he is wanted, but also show what he could look forward to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It's almost like Mowbray is putting the young man in the shop window. He has been quoted twice in recent days eulogising about him.

Exactly what I thought. That and bigging himself up as the manager who's developed him (ie more bullshit!)

Interestingly there a "debate" in on the LT about whether Mowbray should take any credit for the lad's signing and development. Most on there think he should of course. Its "on his watch".

Personally I want him to shut up about him till he's signed professional forms!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Exactly what I thought. That and bigging himself up as the manager who's developed him (ie more bullshit!)

Interestingly there a "debate" in on the LT about whether Mowbray should take any credit for the lad's signing and development. Most on there think he should of course. Its "on his watch".

Personally I want him to shut up about him till he's signed professional forms!

I highly doubt that Mowbray doing an interview about him makes him any more or less likely to sign for another club. Scouts do know what they're doing and by playing PL2 football, he's already well and truly in a shop window.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can't we agree a pro deal now with Philips that he signs when 17 years old. 

Also Rovers and the staff here clearly think alot of this player and we can show him a clear pathway to the first team and playing for Rovers

Trouble is TM hasn't exactly shown himself to be a great developer of youngsters. Ash will have seen/spoken to them and may well see his future elsewhere. We're also a club clearly in disarray and that cannot be appealing to a young player looking to progress to the next stage of his career. I would like to see him sign, he looks quite the player but I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Trouble is TM hasn't exactly shown himself to be a great developer of youngsters. Ash will have seen/spoken to them and may well see his future elsewhere. We're also a club clearly in disarray and that cannot be appealing to a young player looking to progress to the next stage of his career. I would like to see him sign, he looks quite the player but I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere.

really, How many academy players have he bought through now? JRC, Buckley, Carter, Travis, Wharton. And there is plenty more to come through still like Burns, McBride, Garrett, etc 

And I disagree we can't appealed to young players to progress to the next level of their career. 

34 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

The next stage of his career, would be to hold down a place in an U23s side. He could well be on the brink of doing this at the Rovers, who are almost as good as any U23s side. The step after that would be to hold down a first team place. He would have more chance of making that step at the Rovers. If after that he proves to be good enough, he would get his big time move. Phil Jones as an example.