BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Pretty much last season's u18s then for the most part. Thing is I feel like some of our fringe players for the first team are going to need match minutes at this level or they're not going to be much use when they come on for the first team.

I don't buy the notion they can't play at least 60 minutes on Friday then be on the bench for Saturday. Especially if they're a player fairly unlikely to be called on from the bench.

Brighton could have had two more near the end of that half.

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

In fact, where are the likes of Garrett and Whitehall who presumably won't be in tomorrow's team? Saadi presumably still injured.

And what about Phillips? Was he on international duty any longer than Annersley was? I can't see that tomorrow's bench would need Carter, Van Hecke (not sure if he is available again yet though), Magloire and Phillips.

Well taken goal but it flatters us from what I've seen so far (and I haven't even seen any of Brighton's goals). The team they have out tonight is absolutely superior to the one we have out, in all areas and aspects. As I type this, terrible miss of a sitter from them.

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

In fact, where are the likes of Garrett and Whitehall who presumably won't be in tomorrow's team? Saadi presumably still injured.

And what about Phillips? Was he on international duty any longer than Annersley was? I can't see that tomorrow's bench would need Carter, Van Hecke (not sure if he is available again yet though), Magloire and Phillips.

Carter banned van hecke injured 

5 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Carter banned van hecke injured 

Ahh yeh of course he is banned. I knew Van Hecke was injured when we signed him but remembered it's not meant to be a bad one, and we have had the international break.

Tbf to our lads tonight I suspect this Brighton u23 side would give our first team a game the way they're playing at times tonight.

Every time I see Brennan, I wonder what all the fuss was and why he was supposedly linked to Liverpool two summers back (think I'm remembering that right, may have been another Prem side). I just don't see any attributes that make me think he can make it at our level.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I have got to ask, will Vale and Pike get more experiance in non-league football. Than they would have playing for the U23s. In a game like tonights they would have had to show what they are made of

But ultimately tonight's result doesnt mean much, at least they are playing competitive football whereby the result genuinely matters, and if they make mistakes, they will have (a few) fans getting on their back, giving it that importance.

But I agree that non league football is of little use, it is so far down that even if they go and do really well, does it prove anything?

They should have been loaned to league clubs if possible before the deadline, the "we need bodies in ourselves" line doesnt work when we let them go even when we didnt get enough signings in. Unless neither are considered genuine first team prospects and are being loaned out with a view to eventually carving out a career in the lower leagues?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Cause Liverpool come along and offer you 10k a week and a route to their first team, with loans back to the championship to gain experience prior.

Liverpool can't offer him a genuine route to their first team when they're off spending £40m on players (because they can). Rovers can *actually* offer one, more like a right now kind of timeline than four years down the line for him.

A very young, inexperienced side out, under a manager who's coaching in the PL2 for the first time. Going to be a long season for them. Staying up is really important though in my eyes.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Liverpool can't offer him a genuine route to their first team when they're off spending £40m on players (because they can). Rovers can *actually* offer one, more like a right now kind of timeline than four years down the line for him.

But they can offer him a genuine route straight back into ours.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We both know any top academy can offer far more than us and if they think he's good enough, will discuss routes to the 1st team for him. We cannot compete financially, 10k a week is a pittance to them too and they will pay it, if they think he is good enough. 500k a year is apparently our 1st team max, he could be a millionaire by 20 or playing with us for buttons in comparison. Training alongside van Dyke (or some other clubs elite) or Ayala/Lenihan? Football is about much more then heart these days and money etc talks. Consider what 1.5m could do for his family too.  Whilst it would be great to bring through a great kid, it wouldn't be difficult to see the benefits of a move. Tribunal fees aren't very high in reality compared to a signed player. Anyway can you not agree a pre-contract before 17? We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Has he actually got a route into our first team at this moment in time? He is probably 7th or 8th choice even here, he is a boy lets be honest. Imminent first team minutes wont be happening here or at Liverpool, nor is it an urgent need. If it did become us v Liverpool, totally hypothetical of course and a huge assumption, the standard of coaching there plus a massive lift financially would be too good to turn down for basically any young boy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But ultimately tonight's result doesnt mean much, at least they are playing competitive football whereby the result genuinely matters, and if they make mistakes, they will have (a few) fans getting on their back, giving it that importance.

But I agree that non league football is of little use, it is so far down that even if they go and do really well, does it prove anything?

They should have been loaned to league clubs if possible before the deadline, the "we need bodies in ourselves" line doesnt work when we let them go even when we didnt get enough signings in. Unless neither are considered genuine first team prospects and are being loaned out with a view to eventually carving out a career in the lower leagues?

I have never played in a game (even at my low level ) that wasn't competitive football.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rigger said:

Dubious penalty for Brighton. 2-0 Annesley was still in Gibraltar. 

Not sure playing him last night, when just 3 days prior he was playing against Norway in Oslo, was a good idea. Essentially played on Tuesday, flew back Wednesday, trained on Thursday and played on Friday. I'd be tired too.

• Like 1