BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

29 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree.  You can't compare the present crop with these players.  I'm just glad I was able to see all of them performing for Rovers.

Its a shame Parson, all we older fans do is to look back. Things were better for a Roverite then.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobbers have just made 4 lads professional today...All local and all great lads.

So proud.!!! 👍

I know one of them. I worked with his mum and dad and still (Covid permitting) meet his mum for a coffee. He used to sit close by us in the Family Stand so he is a Rover too. 👍👍

15 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Indeed. But one doesn't negate the other. 

No but we are not doing as well now as we did then with hardly any facilities (Little Wembley!!)

I must admit to being so excited when the Academy was announced and started up. I assumed we'd have an endless production line of new stars! Naive maybe but we haven't done nearly as well as I expected back then.

Dunn and Beattie were pre-Academy, what have we had since then? Hoillet? Raya?.

Yes we have a lot of young players in our first team squad but Jack didn't shell all that dosh to finish 15th in the second division.

Just now, 47er said:

No but we are not doing as well now as we did then with hardly any facilities (Little Wembley!!)

I must admit to being so excited when the Academy was announced and started up. I assumed we'd have an endless production line of new stars! Naive maybe but we haven't done nearly as well as I expected back then.

Dunn and Beattie were pre-Academy, what have we had since then? Hoillet? Raya?.

Yes we have a lot of young players in our first team squad but Jack didn't shell all that dosh to finish 15th in the second division.

Read an interesting interview with David Artell (Crewe manager) the other week discussing Academies. He basically said that the U23's league now is basically the U18's of 10 years ago, and that the football is sanitised and doesn't prepare players for league football. Which makes the numbers coming through our Academy all the more remarkable. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I know one of them. I worked with his mum and dad and still (Covid permitting) meet his mum for a coffee. He used to sit close by us in the Family Stand so he is a Rover too. 👍👍

You are correct he is a Rovers fan. What a player he is...left footed defender come wing back.  My captain was Lewis. Saw it years ago, played for Scotland U17s last season.👍 captain of his district and Lancashire.

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You are correct he is a Rovers fan. What a player he is...left footed defender come wing back.  My captain was Lewis. Saw it years ago, played for Scotland U17s last season.👍

Why isn't he at Rovers then?

32 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's the manager's fault, not the Academy. Put those players with a better manager and you'll get better performances. 

We didn't produce star players under any manager.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Simple question. Why are they 'your' lads?

Ok mate, sorry.  Representative football. District and County...I run a District and manage at County level too...and we have a shit hot County mate you should be proud.

The 3 lads represented the same district and county.  👍 Lancashire La La La......Lancashire La La La.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ok mate, sorry.  Representative football. District and County...I run a District and manage at County level too...and we have a shit hot County mate you should be proud.

The 3 lads represented the same district and county.  👍 Lancashire La La La......Lancashire La La La.....

Jack O'Connell came from Liverpool County FA. So many kids get missed as, as Sparks says local scouting at most clubs is pants.

• Like 2