BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Gordon if people who stop going are letting down the club, the town, their friends and future fans were does that place yourself when you prefered golf to watching Rovers?

I'm not trying to have a dig but I'm interested to understand the difference.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon if people who stop going are letting down the club, the town, their friends and future fans were does that place yourself when you prefered golf to watching Rovers?

ha ha gordon the gofer let everyone down

One of my family members who went away now says she went out of habit and is amazed by how little she misses it all, and I'm told there is a whole new world out there away from football. As it stands I will be the last man standing from my clan next season, but I don't feel the same buzz going down there these days. Maybe I'm in habit mode

People throw that comment around like we've never experienced having no football; we do it for 3 months every year, personally I'm always ready to come back by August so I will be renewing again. If you don't miss it that much you probably weren't into it that much in the first place.

As for the buzz being gone, it's plain and simple because we're in the worst position we have been for the last 25 years. Lots of people have given up because we're not mid table Premiership anymore, the crowds are down, the quality of football isn't what it used to be etc. Most people are spoilt and can't really remember what it was like before Jack Walker's money, myself included, but for me Rovers aren't like a product I can discard when I'm not happy with the service like Sky or BT, it's more like a relationship that's going through a rocky patch and needs to be worked on.

People use Venkys as an excuse for not going anymore, yes they made some terrible mistakes when they took over, and I am still angry about what happened, but for the last 2 years they have actually been decent owners, keeping hold of our top players, supporting the club financially, pushing for promotion. Yes it hasn't quite happened on the pitch this year, but we have no right to walk straight back up. How long have Leeds been out of the top flight? Forest, Derby, the Sheffield clubs, Middlesbrough, Wolves, some have even been down to League 1.

The simple matter is, unless the supporters and the team work together to create that "buzz" we wont be going up any time soon. If the supporters have given up on the club, what chance have the players got?

Quite simple and I'm very surprised that you need to ask.

The season I packed my ST in we were in the Premier League and on Premier league income, it was obvious to me that we were being managed and run by two complete swindlers on the make/take. I made the easy decision that they were not having my money nor my support whilst they were in the driving seat and thats that! It's called having principles Paul. I'll refrain from suggesting that you try it sometime BUT you really need to understand my decision and my stance. When you do you might try explaining the concept of being principled to Athlete because having principles appears to be completely beyond his level of comprehension. Good luck with that one. :tu:

Absolute crap !!!

They have been so good over the last two years that they've added 48m more debt , had a transfer embargo and don't give a flying fk about us

And if you had been given control two years ago Abbey how would you have avoided the same level of debt? Short of taking hitman contracts out on half a dozen big earners you couldn't have done anything differently.

I'd have appointed a real football manager , there would no Shaw or Myers and I would not have rocked up in stretch limos .

I like most on here wouldn't have s clue how to run a football club just like the slumdogs and I would appoint someone who does . Not a nobender .

Why? They are three years too late for any valid reasons.

I think it was just a general wearing down over last few years

This is very true.

It took years and a lot of patient management by JW and co to build up the fan base. Now it has been dissipated, it will be even harder to win them back given the apathy, boredom and a 'lack of buzz' which prevail.

We need an exciting product on the field of play and a little bit of charisma from an imaginative manager.

Its easier to dismantle than it is to build up

Easy said Abbey. Start winning and you'd soon be invigorated. Alternatively if you stop going and the worst happens you will have let yourself, your mates who you meet up with, the club and to an extent the town and future generations down.

Imagine Blackburn without a football team! The venkys will get the blame of course but there will be no getting away from the fact that we will all have played a part in it.

there is a clue in the word 'she'. :closedeyes:

Somewhat contradictory. Who says the football will be any better? Anyway if everybody is like you and the V's sell up you might easily find yourself sitting in the middle of a low cost housing development.

'We' need a bit of moral fibre more.

No fact is she has had a season tkt for over 20 years previously, this was someone who went in the 60's onwards

No fact is she has had a season tkt for over 20 years previously, this was someone who went in the 60's onwards

Hey my daughter and niece have ST's and both enjoy going. However to fully appreciate the intricacies and nuances of football there are two requirements.

1. to have played competetive football for a number of years.

2. Testosterone.

:tu:

This is very true.

It took years and a lot of patient management by JW and co to build up the fan base. Now it has been dissipated, it will be even harder to win them back given the apathy, boredom and a 'lack of buzz' which prevail.

Absolutely.It took 20+ years to build the fan base up under the Walkers yet the Ham Shankers from Pune have destroyed it it 4.

Bitter,animosity?...you better believe it!! :angry:

People throw that comment around like we've never experienced having no football; we do it for 3 months every year, personally I'm always ready to come back by August so I will be renewing again. If you don't miss it that much you probably weren't into it that much in the first place.

As for the buzz being gone, it's plain and simple because we're in the worst position we have been for the last 25 years. Lots of people have given up because we're not mid table Premiership anymore, the crowds are down, the quality of football isn't what it used to be etc. Most people are spoilt and can't really remember what it was like before Jack Walker's money, myself included, but for me Rovers aren't like a product I can discard when I'm not happy with the service like Sky or BT, it's more like a relationship that's going through a rocky patch and needs to be worked on.

People use Venkys as an excuse for not going anymore, yes they made some terrible mistakes when they took over, and I am still angry about what happened, but for the last 2 years they have actually been decent owners, keeping hold of our top players, supporting the club financially, pushing for promotion. Yes it hasn't quite happened on the pitch this year, but we have no right to walk straight back up. How long have Leeds been out of the top flight? Forest, Derby, the Sheffield clubs, Middlesbrough, Wolves, some have even been down to League 1.

The simple matter is, unless the supporters and the team work together to create that "buzz" we wont be going up any time soon. If the supporters have given up on the club, what chance have the players got?

Excellent post jonny B. No club has a divine right to top flight football. We took a quarter of a century to get back after 1966, North End left the top flight in 1960 and still haven't returned. In the past when we've been out of the top flight, gates have dropped just like now so there is nothing new in that. It's the same at most clubs - have success and the fans come out, have a downturn and they don't. The owners, the manager, certain players have become convenient excuses to give up when, in truth, many simply don't like not being part and parcel of the Premier League. The introduction of FFP will have the same long term impact as the lifting of the maximum wage and clubs will need to rely more and more on their own resources to finance the club rather than external benefactors. It's ironic that at the very time the club needs its supporters some opt to turn their back on the club they claim to support.

Excellent post jonny B. No club has a divine right to top flight football. We took a quarter of a century to get back after 1966, North End left the top flight in 1960 and still haven't returned. In the past when we've been out of the top flight, gates have dropped just like now so there is nothing new in that. It's the same at most clubs - have success and the fans come out, have a downturn and they don't. The owners, the manager, certain players have become convenient excuses to give up when, in truth, many simply don't like not being part and parcel of the Premier League. The introduction of FFP will have the same long term impact as the lifting of the maximum wage and clubs will need to rely more and more on their own resources to finance the club rather than external benefactors. It's ironic that at the very time the club needs its supporters some opt to turn their back on the club they claim to support.

You are now in my deluded and possibly unbalanced drawer, with Chaddy. I'm sure you're on the wind up. Venkys have done great haven't they,? Excellent post Jonny B.... :(

This is NOTHING like before. Crippling debt and keeping managers for non-football reasons are just two examples.

I am genuinely quite excited about what Bowyer is doing with the squad. Players developing and trash like Orr and Slew leaving.

I am resigned to us selling one of our decent players, but we have always had to do that.

Not blind to Bowyer not being the complete package yet, the financial unknowns, and the fact the club still has a couple of leeches draining cash.

But looking forward to next season.

Bucks...And then then you look to the season after..

Parson , please show where ANY ONE has said we have a divine right for top flight football . The fact that you omit , forget and forgive the tosserS in India have ripped this from us and shafted us is quite upsetting in your crusade against fans that can't forgive .

It's actually quite pathetic.

I am genuinely quite excited about what Bowyer is doing with the squad. Players developing and trash like Orr and Slew leaving.

I am resigned to us selling one of our decent players, but we have always had to do that.

Not blind to Bowyer not being the complete package yet, the financial unknowns, and the fact the club still has a couple of leeches draining cash.

But looking forward to next season.

I agree in the large part. Great to see it's not just "my gang" who don't think the worlds going to end at the hands of Jason Lowe.

You miss some key points.

Never in Rovers' history have we had the infrastructure (ground, training facilities, youth set-up) in place that demands we are in the PL.

The club certainly has no divine right to expect its fans to follow the club through 'thick and thin' and put up with all the absolute nonsense that has come our way since V's bought the club. IMV, the club no longer gives a toss about its fans otherwise we wouldn't have seen the shenanigans we have over recent years. I think you will find more fans will return to the fold when the club stops, IMV, taking them for fools and treating them with contempt. This attitude starts at the top with the owners.

If the club wont listen to and communicate with its fans then it will reap what it sows.

There will always be some like yourself and Chaddy who would support the club if they were playing at Pleasington. However, do not underestimate the intelligence of many of the club's fans who will not follow blindly and be led like sheep. I personally would support the club in Division Two if I could see an ownership and Exec Management that was true blue and only had the club's interest at heart.

Haven't a clue Stuart. I see an honest, decent guy doing his best for Blackburn Rovers. That's all I ask from any manager.

Funnily enough, I see the same attributes. The difference is that, whilst I expect that from the owners and board, I ask more than that of the manager and players.

Ironically, I would love it if all players and manager had to be born (or qualify through length of residency) within the Greater Blackburn area (likewise for every club) - like the national teams operate - but this is not how professional clubs currently work unfortunately. Under the current format, you need the best people involved at a football level.

How do you think Northcote would get on if they promoted a potwash to the position of head chef, and told the customers that the poor quality food will improve overtime and although they've now lost the Michelin stars, they are "working hard at getting it back" but "oh no, we can't bring in a better chef" because even though we've lost more than half of our customers, "10% of customer remaining quite like it and the owners don't complain so it's all fine".

How do you think Northcote would get on if they promoted a potwash to the position of head chef, and told the customers that the poor quality food will improve overtime and although they've now lost the Michelin stars, they are "working hard at getting it back" but "oh no, we can't bring in a better chef" because even though we've lost more than half of our customers, "10% of customer remaining quite like it and the owners don't complain so it's all fine".

Nice analogy however you don't have "waiters" turning up demanding 10% cut on the soufflé they just took to table 4.

I see an honest, decent guy doing his best for Blackburn Rovers. That's all I ask from any manager.

His best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen.

Archived