BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Did anybody from the club say how much it costs to keep the BBE Upper open per match? This really needs to be balanced against the potential loss of season tickets holders. And I would hazard a guess that there is more revenue from refreshments here than any other stand. Surely this service provider would object.

Firstly I don't think the club are particularly looking at closing the Family Stand. we just had a discussion about whether they were thinking of any radical changes and we talked about that possibility as an example. I brought up the idea of making sure fans were consulted if they did plan anything but my hunch is that they aren't. On catering Rovers are the provider so that wouldn't be a problem.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant see that the costs of closing a section of a stand would actually save very much at all. The cost of a few stewards and a few minimum wages kids on the kiosk, is easily outweighed if 10% of the moved didnt then renew.

I guess the 25% quotedby Waggy was an estimate. Unfortunately the ST holders we are losing now, and fail to use their ST on a regular basis, are the very diehards who stayed during the worst of SK and the loons. They probably stayed on the basis of hope that the V's would go and the football would improve. Unfortunately neither has happened.

The cabbages have been replanted!!

I suspect we will see some club mergers. It makes financial sense albeit fans, with their historical and emotional attachments, will be opposed. But when have owners cared and listened to fans?

It is an estimate PB you are correct ..

Based on people I know and fans around me..

I also don't believe we have 10000 St holders, nearer 8000 in My opinion.

So, I think it is more than a possibility we will lose 2000 St holders next term..

If the prices are hiked up it could be nearer 3000...cos the football is dire !

Well surprise suprise the gate today (Brighton) was announced at circa 13,200.

If you were able to see the real figures of those actually through the gates it was just under 8,500 !!

This suggests, yet again, that many ST holders are not attending.

The writing is on the wall for next season and the 3 tier match by match pricing (still to be announced) will shock you at £38/30/20).

• Backroom

Overheard a conversation at half time thay echoes my views, it's hard to think about shelling out to watch a Gary Bowyer team, think there will be a sizeable decrease

• Backroom

Overheard a conversation at half time thay echoes my views, it's hard to think about shelling out to watch a Gary Bowyer team, think there will be a sizeable decrease

I dread to think what they'll be like if ST prices are increased.

Pay more to watch a Gary Bowyer team for another 46 games? That's a very hard sell.

If you were able to see the real figures of those actually through the gates it was just under 8,500 !!

The writing is on the wall for next season and the 3 tier match by match pricing (still to be announced) will shock you at £38/30/20).

Difficult for three to four thousand 'phantoms' to turn up !

Due diligence should be interesting if / when Rovers sold through Administration or whatever vehicle.

There was a moment today that summed up everything that's wrong and made me turn to my husband and say I nothing changes, we are not renewing next year. And you can hold me to that. I've not fallen out of love with my club. I want to support them. I've made it this far but I really can't see what I'll get out of going on putting myself through the boredom and misery. There are other things I can do on Saturday that won't give me the kicks when it goes well, that won't replicate the buzz of a win, but that will provide me with a great deal more overall pleasure

There was a moment today that summed up everything that's wrong and made me turn to my husband and say I nothing changes, we are not renewing next year. And you can hold me to that. I've not fallen out of love with my club. I want to support them. I've made it this far but I really can't see what I'll get out of going on putting myself through the boredom and misery. There are other things I can do on Saturday that won't give me the kicks when it goes well, that won't replicate the buzz of a win, but that will provide me with a great deal more overall pleasure

What was the moment?

How funny is it going to look when nobody turns up yet the attendance is still 13,357?

Matchday income in accounts for 2013/14 was down by £1.2m (c29%), however, average gates quoted were virtually unchanged year on year at almost 15k. IMV, something doesn't 'add-up' and I think games are being played with season ticket numbers (creation of 'phantoms') thereby jacking-up reported gates (by including all season ticket holders - both those 'paid' for and those 'phantom' creations).

Preston Blue heard that number inside ground today was about 8,500 - almost 5,000 less than reported gate. IMV, it stinks.

• Backroom

If the next few games are as bad as today, there will be no way to pad the numbers next season as there won't be any phantom season ticket holders, let alone fans in the ground.

• Backroom

What was the moment?

Could be any moment from today.

A particular grim highlight was a ball went out towards the wing wth men in the box, Spurr let it bounce out so we could have the throw instead (appluase from manager) the ball was then thrown straight to the keeper.

sarcastic applause followed then a bloke behind me called all the unhappy fans d'heads, could have got ugly.

Ive never seen so many season ticket holders missing as there was today. But hey ho stabity and venkys rock.

I know quite a few season ticket holders who couldn't be arsed..its over

Walking down livesey branch around 2pm it was difficult to fatrhom wether a game was on or not..it was totally dead..

There was no way anymore than 9K on at best from my seat at top of JW..you can see the whole ( empty ) stadium................

the attendance of 13,200 beggars belief! From memory there are 10,000 STH's, add on 500 away fans and that leaves you with 2,700 'walk-ons' - yeah right! :lol::lol::lol:

As for the pricing, a Cat A ticket in the Jack Walker Centre this season cost £38 - are the prices that you quote the most expensive match ticket per tier of match?

What was the moment?

As tom said, it could have been any one of many but I think it was when the forwards actually moved towards the box expecting the ball since we needed a goal and it had finally dawned on them that to score one it would help if you were close to goal and whoever had the ball turned away and passed it back to Steele. Don't know why that one annoyed me after the weeks and months of dross but it did. I can't stand watching a gutless heartless performance like that again next season. I don't mind being in the championship. I don't mind losing even if you feel the team that beats you deserves it but they didn't have much going forward for all their pacy build up. They needed us to score for them and that was really galling.this was one of the worst I've seen from a rovers team in recent years, not just because we lost but because we didn't seem to have a clue how to change it on the pitch. Good players have a flexibility even if the manager sets them up a certain way. If it's not working ey do something themselves, take some responsibility. Make sure they win their own little battle. We had no player taking responsibility for their own performance let alone encouraging the rest of the team

Given the highly probable fact we'll lose a few players in summer they'll just dress up the big reduction in crowds to that fact in thier contact with Pune & the media. These lot have excuses for everything and will go to any lengths to cover their own backsides.

Archived