BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

And 11,000 on Huddersfield including more than 1000 from Blackburn meaning around 10,000 home fans for their first home league game of the season. Presumably another club we can't hope to compete with for gates at this level....

Good points although they are taking issue at the price over there now going off reading their board. If it was 24 quid all round like last season I bet that gate would have been a couple of thousand higher. What other entertainment industry messes about with price like football, it's getting beyond stupid.

Last season before the cock up at their end it was £24 for the game, this season 3.50 dearer and a whopping 6.50 more on the day. Just where do they get off justifying that. If they have a poor season they'll be getting sub 10k when there is a tiny away following. What use is that to the team or club. Bonkers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me neither.

What next? A Blackburn End rendition of the Dingles' Long Live the V's?

I'll hold my hand up - I have said to the wife (more than once) that I'm watching Shitburn this weekend etc. Forgive me, It's been a tough 5 years though and I still plod on.

I'll hold my hand up - I have said to the wife (more than once) that I'm watching Shitburn this weekend etc. Forgive me, It's been a tough 5 years though and I still plod on.

Haha. Reminds me of that old Gulf War cartoon, where two soldiers have a conversation at the front

." Blackburn Rovers lost today"

"How do you know that?"

"It's Saturday"

What a pathetic direction this thread has taken. Who cares about who gets a few hundred more on between us and our fellow struggling rivals on all sides? Especially so on the anniversary of jack walkers death.

'Deadwood Park', seems like our own 5th columnists are revelling in the situation.

Truth is that whichever club has the most people watching their matches the club with least potential is BRFC. We are hemmed in with an ever increasing section of the town who do not have much affinity with the club. I doubt it will be long before we are desperately resorting to bragging that we are better supported than Preston and Burnley when there are 6000 on!

If football people around these parts want a top line, self financing club there is only one long term solution.

• Moderation Lead

What a pathetic direction this thread has taken. Who cares about who gets a few hundred more on between us and our fellow struggling rivals on all sides? Especially so on the anniversary of jack walkers death.

'Deadwood Park', seems like our own 5th columnists are revelling in the situation.

Truth is that whichever club has the most people watching their matches the club with least potential is BRFC. We are hemmed in with an ever increasing section of the town who do not have much affinity with the club. I doubt it will be long before we are desperately resorting to bragging that we are better supported than Preston and Burnley when there are 6000 on!

If football people around these parts want a top line, self financing club there is only one long term solution.

You keep banging this drum, but you know for a fact that tribalism prevents it! So, may as well save your breath! :tu:

Ha unlike some, I quite enjoy this debate! Good lad Gord.

The plethora of (proper) Lancashire clubs dates back to the Victorian era of every fella leaving his shift and heading to the match.

Of course, it is now outdated, look at US sport, with professional teams based around large conurbations. if the game was started from scratch today, there wouldn't be half the clubs in this area.

Cricket is the same, no other nation has 18 professional clubs and look how lopsided it is- the relatively small east midlands region has Notts, Derbyshire, Northants and Leicestershire, with two more not far away (Warwickshire andd Worcs) Whilst the north west, Yorkshire and the north east have one each. Looking at the financial mess of these smaller clubs, again not fit for purpose. However, woe betide any cricket administrator that tries to bring in an Australian style franchise system.

The tribalism of this country will take some overcoming.

5th columinists v turncoat

Whichever club has most people watching their matches the club with the least potential is BRFC? How do you come to that conclusion?

The reality of the situation is that we are the biggest club in Lancashire. Our crowds show that, our history shows that, our infrastructure shows that. And I'm not just referring to the Jack Walker years, infact the 20 years prior to Jack Walker point to us being the leading club. You might prefer it if Rovers are some tiny little club on their way down the divisions who cannot even hope to compete with the likes of PNE and Burnley, but it is simply not the truth.

I've never understood why some Rovers fans are more comfortable with the doomsday negative concept of us being the 3rd or 4th club in the County and will be for eternity when there's no evidence to support that. No matter what Venkys have done our gates show that there is a bigger core of loyal support here than there is at our neighbours.

And please don't bring up the Lancashire United nonsense again. It could never happen and if it did it would be the end of me and my friends following the club. There's no chance I'll ever stand alongside a dingle in supporting a club.

Ha unlike some, I quite enjoy this debate! Good lad Gord.

The plethora of (proper) Lancashire clubs dates back to the Victorian era of every fella leaving his shift and heading to the match.

Of course, it is now outdated, look at US sport, with professional teams based around large conurbations. if the game was started from scratch today, there wouldn't be half the clubs in this area.

Cricket is the same, no other nation has 18 professional clubs and look how lopsided it is- the relatively small east midlands region has Notts, Derbyshire, Northants and Leicestershire, with two more not far away (Warwickshire andd Worcs) Whilst the north west, Yorkshire and the north east have one each. Looking at the financial mess of these smaller clubs, again not fit for purpose. However, woe betide any cricket administrator that tries to bring in an Australian style franchise system.

The tribalism of this country will take some overcoming.

The dinosaurs couldn't manage it could they?

Whichever club has most people watching their matches the club with the least potential is BRFC? How do you come to that conclusion?

The reality of the situation is that we are the biggest club in Lancashire. Our crowds show that, our history shows that, our infrastructure shows that. And I'm not just referring to the Jack Walker years, infact the 20 years prior to Jack Walker point to us being the leading club. You might prefer it if Rovers are some tiny little club on their way down the divisions who cannot even hope to compete with the likes of PNE and Burnley, but it is simply not the truth.

I've never understood why some Rovers fans are more comfortable with the doomsday negative concept of us being the 3rd or 4th club in the County and will be for eternity when there's no evidence to support that. No matter what Venkys have done our gates show that there is a bigger core of loyal support here than there is at our neighbours.

And please don't bring up the Lancashire United nonsense again. It could never happen and if it did it would be the end of me and my friends following the club. There's no chance I'll ever stand alongside a dingle in supporting a club.

You don't represent the future,...... and neither do I. Perhaps I just opossess more vison than you. The adults are more conservative and will naturally shrink away from such but the kids of today want a top club that has a high media profile. They will desert BRFC (and BW/BFC/PNE/BFC) as they have in the past. History will always repeat itself. ..... IN FACT IT IS DOING! I'm surprised so few can see it.

Tired of the @#/? out of playing golf now Abbey? Especially now it turns out that golf is too physically demanding for you. :P

So moving on, your answer to what must be the goal of providing top level Premier League football to the residents of this area (Lancashire) on a sustainable, long term, self financing basis WITHOUT THE NEED FOR RICH OWNERS TO SUBSIDISE THAT ENTERTAINMENT TO THE TUNE OF £70M+ at BRFC (150m at Bolton, 50m at Wigan, less but still significant at Blackpool and PNE although significantly less at Burnley) is what exactly? :rock:

Tired of the @#/? out of playing golf now Abbey? Especially now it turns out that golf is too physically demanding for you. :P

So moving on, your answer to what must be the goal of providing top level Premier League football to the residents of this area (Lancashire) on a sustainable, long term, self financing basis WITHOUT THE NEED FOR RICH OWNERS TO SUBSIDISE THAT ENTERTAINMENT TO THE TUNE OF £70M+ at BRFC (150m at Bolton, 50m at Wigan, less but still significant at Blackpool and PNE although significantly less at Burnley) is what exactly? :rock:

And how many fans do you think you need for a self financing Lancashire United? 150k every week? Ain't going to happen.

Your argument is totally flawed. No club in the PL, self finances in England through crowd support alone. They all need TV money.

That's how Rovers managed with paltry 3 million per year losses easily covered by squad values and player sales. Which incidentally would be a circa 30 million per year profit now under the old business model / cost base with the new riches from TV. I've just moved you from self financing to rolling in profit in two sentences with a poxy 25k fans only.

Your claiming elsewhere you are right all the time and have amazing vision. What about a calculator, have you got one of those?

Crowd of 12,023 tonight.

For night games last season it was usually 13000. Another thousand people lost...

Add 3000 like the dingles, job done :tu:

These idiots in Pune don't care Matty, the sooner people realise this the better.

Archived