BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

I currently sit near the back of the Lower tier so it won't be much different. Think I will give it a shot

Come and experience the loud Peter Kay in the family stand.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That figure will include those the club give to employees and players. Should still be getting past the 10,000 mark in any event with another 10 days of sales before the season starts. Given the summer we've had I think that's an OK effort, though as a Championship club is about the minimum figure we should be aiming for. Gates of less than 10,000 in this division would be frankly embarrassing for a club of our standing.

Have either of these figures come from the ticket office?

Heard from the club that sales were 9000 odd. My own research led me to the 9700 figure.

That figure will include those the club give to employees and players. Should still be getting past the 10,000 mark in any event with another 10 days of sales before the season starts. Given the summer we've had I think that's an OK effort, though as a Championship club is about the minimum figure we should be aiming for. Gates of less than 10,000 in this division would be frankly embarrassing for a club of our standing.

Heard from the club that sales were 9000 odd. My own research led me to the 9700 figure.

Counting was never my strong point. Though on the planner the BBEnd lower and Riverside looked much emptier than I recall last season.

If 9700, then we are on target to beat last season's tally of 10900 with two weeks to go. That figure actually compares fairly well to most Championship clubs, our problem is that we have very few walk ons match by match- which makes a mockery of the trotted out line you hear from non renewers- 'I'll pick me games'

Bit of a dangerous game counting on there although fair play to anyone taking the time to do so. Think we had a lad on last season or the one before predicting big sales from doing that but his figure was way off. They used to leave some shaded out that hadn't actually been renewed even though the deadline to claim your own seat had passed just in case. That's was a while ago though so maybe it's changed, hope it's right.

They would Abbey

Full every week and no Venkys

Look to MK Dons at how to invent a football team from nowt.

Get real...GET LANCS UTD.

The closest to Lancashire United you'll get is the old bus company ..I've never heard such C@@@ in 50 years of my life

An absolute cracking figure which proves a core support is still here despite the venkyscum and more waiting in the wings

I personally renewed weeks ago as it's a hard habit to break a few pints on livesey before with a few more after with highly likely 90 minutes spoiling the day out

Lancashire United? Do you realise what you sound like? The most successful local club in recent history is now in the mix with the rest of their neighbours, still as high as the second tier of English football and you want to throw the towel in and merge? Get some perspective and support your team through thick and thin.

Since Tom is having so much trouble perhaps a Personal appointment either at the ticket office or his home may sort out the purchase. This Saga is getting like Gumboots and her 'not' getting a Season-Ticket now she has retired etc etc etc.

not sure why you're having dig at when I haven't been around for a while?

I'd be amazed if the figure is 9,700 so far. I know a few who haven't renewed as of yet. I appreciate the info jhrover but it does have a bit of hearsay about it. You heard from the club?

I would have thought if the sales were just short of 10k with nearly 2 weeks to the start of the season the club would have reported it as a positive.

The earlier post indicating 7,000 sold thus far seemed more probable

Indeed Tom.

Where's the rallying cry?

Bowyer and 'the 'Board' should be in the press shouting from the rooftops that we believe 'Financial Fair Play' is anything but fair, however, we have young lads and some good pros at this club who will be fired up by this'. The fans should be asked to get involved with this siege mentality.

Instead, we meekly accept our lot and indeed our manager tells the world how ambitous every other two bit Championship club is.

IF the powers that be relaxed FFP then who is going to shove more money into the cash bonfire? Are you? I'm certainly not. The venkys have surely learned their lesson re: chucking good money after bad into BRFC and other likely people must surely have taken note.

Lancashire United? Do you realise what you sound like? The most successful local club in recent history is now in the mix with the rest of their neighbours, still as high as the second tier of English football and you want to throw the towel in and merge? Get some perspective and support your team through thick and thin.

Stupid statement given the current operating conditions. We only had the last 25 years because of one man. FFP as we speak prevents that happening.... and quite right too! The game is just money crazy.

I'd be amazed if the figure is 9,700 so far. I know a few who haven't renewed as of yet. I appreciate the info jhrover but it does have a bit of hearsay about it. You heard from the club?

I would have thought if the sales were just short of 10k with nearly 2 weeks to the start of the season the club would have reported it as a positive.

The earlier post indicating 7,000 sold thus far seemed more probable

Somebody told me that sales were around the 9000 mark. I went online and counted the seats sold myself and reached a figure just short of 9700. This would fit in with what the club has said to other people, which is that sales were similar to those at the same stage last season, or 'slightly down'.

Infact I think Shaw said at the Fans Forum the other night that sales were actually higher than they had been at the same stage last year?

The club never broadcasts an actual figure for tickets sold, or at least not until much later in the season.

I was surprised that there have only been about 400 odd sold in the Darwen End. Makes me wonder if it is worth continuing with this area of the ground as its popularity is clearly diminishing.

I have noticed a lot of people saying they are moving from the Darwen end this time. Seems the novelty has worn off of being in there for a few just like it did last time it was a home section. Shame really as although it doesn't do much for the atmo overall I'm sure the team prefer having a few down that end when attacking it.

The club never broadcasts an actual figure for tickets sold, or at least not until much later in the season.

The club in recent seasons has usually announced a figure for STs sold after the sales period has finished, which is usually in September - quite a few tickets are sold after the season starts. I would expect we will have a figure at the next Fans Forum on 21st September.

I have noticed a lot of people saying they are moving from the Darwen end this time. Seems the novelty has worn off of being in there for a few just like it did last time it was a home section. Shame really as although it doesn't do much for the atmo overall I'm sure the team prefer having a few down that end when attacking it.

That would be good news. We had this bizarre policy last year of attacking the Darwen end in the second half, repeatedly. So much so that I would comment on it at the toss up and be proved right. I suspected the players had voted to play to what they would consider their core minority support group rather than traditionally to the Blackburn end. I always felt it ruined the game somewhat. I would like to see a busy, noisy Blackburn end above all else.

just where have you noticed this? The DE home fans (primarily in S01) migrated there due to the poor atmosphere in other parts of the ground... I think this started about 4 5 seasons ago. There is no 'novelty' factor involved.

The numbers who are (were) there has steadily increased (although, the general level of vocal support has decreased) and i'm looking forward to another season of supporting my team in the DE (and long may this continue!)

just where have you noticed this? The DE home fans (primarily in S01) migrated there due to the poor atmosphere in other parts of the ground... I think this started about 4 5 seasons ago. There is no 'novelty' factor involved.

The numbers who are (were) there has steadily increased (although, the general level of vocal support has decreased) and i'm looking forward to another season of supporting my team in the DE (and long may this continue!)

Er... 'noticed people saying' they are moving. A few have said on here they are relocating, read the post before getting your rattle out. Looking directly across from the opposite corner of the BBE the numbers haven't increased at all they've shrunk. I'm all for people in there I think it's better for the team and I'd like to see it back to what it was a few seasons ago when you could hear it every game.

We had home fans in there after the ground was rebuilt and for a long while after in the Prem but gradually people frittered away even though the crowds didn't drop like they have done in recent years. Eventually there was about 200 in there although the BBE was the place to be back then. That's what I mean by novelty factor. OK.

The Blackburn End is a mere shadow of what it once was in both numbers and atmosphere and the DEnders do look as if they are making noise (though we can't hear them).

So why not take over a corner of the BBEnd? you can still be with like minded singers and it would rouse the BBEnd too.

• Backroom

The Blackburn End is a mere shadow of what it once was in both numbers and atmosphere and the DEnders do look as if they are making noise (though we can't hear them).

So why not take over a corner of the BBEnd? you can still be with like minded singers and it would rouse the BBEnd too.

Some of my best memories are when we did just that the season Hughes first came in. Some exceptionally loud chanting to the point I had to turn my hearing aids down.

Get all Darwen Enders into No1 and 2 of the BBE!

venkyscum have knocked the atmosphere out of the complete ground

Some of my best memories are when we did just that the season Hughes first came in. Some exceptionally loud chanting to the point I had to turn my hearing aids down.

Get all Darwen Enders into No1 and 2 of the BBE!

keep the chavvy unwashed in darwen end or no09

Archived