BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

The money it would cost to build a tv gantry on the Riverside would more than wipe out any savings made. The posse from the Riverside - lots who don't turn up for tv games anyway - would fill only a minute corner of the already empty JW upper. You want to sit in the Riverside or BBE for a bog standard game and have a look at the JW, you could fit everyone in there in one half of the lower tier, it looks ridiculous and one of the saddest reflections of our current times.

A few scaffold tubes and a shelter??? How about a big telescopic handler with a large man cage on the end? Just as an aside a question for anybody in TV.... why does a camera have to be operated by a cameraman? Why can't the cameraman be seated with a joystick watching a screen somewhere in the bowels of Ewood?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try and find a way of filling the empty seats by encouraging new supporters from the town and surrounding areas to attend games rather than take the negative downsizing approach of closing areas of the ground?

Cardiff haven't closed a stand. They have closed the upper tier of one stand which is more like our existing closure of the Darwen Upper for 90% of games.

No other club closes whole stands and there are clubs with more empty seats than us (Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, MK Dons).

If people chose not to renew their season tickets that is their choice but the club should be doing whatever it can to replace those people with new supporters, even if that means virtually giving tickets away to schools and clubs in the area. At least the seats will be filled and you can bet people would be buying food/drink at the ground.

Why not try and find a way of filling the empty seats by encouraging new supporters from the town and surrounding areas to attend games rather than take the negative downsizing approach of closing areas of the ground?

Cardiff haven't closed a stand. They have closed the upper tier of one stand which is more like our existing closure of the Darwen Upper for 90% of games.

No other club closes whole stands and there are clubs with more empty seats than us (Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, MK Dons).

If people chose not to renew their season tickets that is their choice but the club should be doing whatever it can to replace those people with new supporters, even if that means virtually giving tickets away to schools and clubs in the area. At least the seats will be filled and you can bet people would be buying food/drink at the ground.

Couldn't agree more. I remember a few years ago, maybe around souness era and before, we always used to put lots of school kids in the Darwen End (with free tickets) and it worked well, like you say they all bought food and drinks and many of them purchased things from the club shop and they all joined in with the atmosphere. It's a no-brainer really!

I remember when I used to go when I was at primary school (free tickets) and I remember it encouragining myself and other mates to ask our parents and grandparents to take us to games on the back of this.

Some of the things the club do these days, or the lack of, really makes me wonder who is in charge of the marketing etc.

Something like this is what is needed - Falkirk young fans initiative

Falkirk FC are delighted to announce our new Tickets for School scheme for the season ahead, as part of our project to work even closer with the local community.

Every primary school in the local council area will be given 50 free match tickets for pupils and staff to attend a match of their choice to see the Bairns in action.

Development Manager, Kieran Koszary, said “Kids are the fans of the future and we want them to feel an integral part of our football club. We are working on various initiatives at the moment to increase our work with the local community and we are determined to ensure we are at the heart of the community”.

I think the club should also do more in terms of interacting with local teams, like Darwen, offering initiatives such as for supporters of Darwen to get down to Ewood when Darwen aren't at home, or if their game is called off.

They also need to do more for the atmosphere, get a drummer in a designated area of the ground and that way those who dont want to be near a drummer dont have to be.

• Backroom

Couldn't agree more. I remember a few years ago, maybe around souness era and before, we always used to put lots of school kids in the Darwen End (with free tickets) and it worked well, like you say they all bought food and drinks and many of them purchased things from the club shop and they all joined in with the atmosphere. It's a no-brainer really!

I remember when I used to go when I was at primary school (free tickets) and I remember it encouragining myself and other mates to ask our parents and grandparents to take us to games on the back of this.

Some of the things the club do these days, or the lack of, really makes me wonder who is in charge of the marketing etc.

Something like this is what is needed - Falkirk young fans initiative

Falkirk FC are delighted to announce our new Tickets for School scheme for the season ahead, as part of our project to work even closer with the local community.

Every primary school in the local council area will be given 50 free match tickets for pupils and staff to attend a match of their choice to see the Bairns in action.

Development Manager, Kieran Koszary, said “Kids are the fans of the future and we want them to feel an integral part of our football club. We are working on various initiatives at the moment to increase our work with the local community and we are determined to ensure we are at the heart of the community”.

I think the club should also do more in terms of interacting with local teams, like Darwen, offering initiatives such as for supporters of Darwen to get down to Ewood when Darwen aren't at home, or if their game is called off.

They also need to do more for the atmosphere, get a drummer in a designated area of the ground and that way those who dont want to be near a drummer dont have to be.

Have to disagree with you here in regards to ticket donations for young fans. I run a grassroots football team and we're doing the pre-match flag waving and the half-time penalty shootout vs Wolves. The club has given me 20 free junior tickets and 4 adult supervisor tickets. All it took was a simple email to ask and the club were extremely helpful and sorted it all out for us.

Have to disagree with you here in regards to ticket donations for young fans. I run a grassroots football team and we're doing the pre-match flag waving and the half-time penalty shootout vs Wolves. The club has given me 20 free junior tickets and 4 adult supervisor tickets. All it took was a simple email to ask and the club were extremely helpful and sorted it all out for us.

That's good to hear mate, and may that become a regular thing. I just remember years ago it was more the club approaching schools and handing out the tickets rather than visa-versa, not that, that is to be criticised, that is a good thing. I would hope that, that would become a regular initiative (clubs approaching young clubs and schools) get them in every game.

It used to be that the young fans got the thewd rattlers and were given club tours etc, but doing the above is definitely going in the right direction, hopefully the club can get that publicised slightly more, let the fans know what's going on and encourage clubs and schools to sign up to initiatives.

I notice that the club have now outsourced their online ticket sales system to Ticketmaster, meaning that anyone who buys tickets online will now have to create a new account on their Rovers' website rather than going through the official club website.

I notice that the club have now outsourced their online ticket sales system to Ticketmaster, meaning that anyone who buys tickets online will now have to create a new account on their Rovers' website rather than going through the official club website.

£1.50 charge for away tickets. Plenty of seats available, looks like a lot less than last season.

The club also gave away 1,000 tickets to schools for the Ipswich game.

Fair play to them although there was me thinking a few more had paid to turn out and wave goodbye to Dunny. Maybe not :mellow:

It's stI'll not going to work if the kids don't take up ticket offers, if parents won't take them or coach transport is expensive, or teachers aren't prepared to go with them. I started going as the free teacher on cheap schools tickets deals but nowadays to organise a school trip takes endless hours of filling in forms on line and that's so much hassle for an hour or twos trip it's no wonder increasingly teachers are reluctant to get involved

Can any Riversiders help me out, at what row do the pillars start to obstruct your view?

I had a season ticket there back in 93-94 on row 9 I think it was and don't recall any blocking my view, I haven't been back in the stand since though!

Can any Riversiders help me out, at what row do the pillars start to obstruct your view?

I had a season ticket there back in 93-94 on row 9 I think it was and don't recall any blocking my view, I haven't been back in the stand since though!

The pillars are on row 12, two in front of me.

If you find out, will you let me know?

They may well be the best seats in the house if the standard of football meets my expectations!

If you find out, will you let me know?

They may well be the best seats in the house if the standard of football meets my expectations!

Well mine arrived today as well, never felt so underwhelmed even back in the old 3rd div days.

Well mine arrived today as well, never felt so underwhelmed even back in the old 3rd div days, there was something to look forward too.

Archived