BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

So, most of last season when we had bog all away fans on at Deadwood we had gates of circa 13,200 as the lordships include ST holders whether we turn up or not.

This season against Wolves there were 16,200 on of which 4,200 were from Wolves.

This suggests our ST sales are down around 1,500 for this season.

Poor do. Poor do.

3500 from Wolves.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was away and did not count them Tom but I was told they had sold 4k by Thursday prior to the game.

Nope official figure from their end was just over 3500. Not that it makes any difference like as your correct on the ST's by the look of things :(

They are set to print the away followings in the programme this season so that'll tell it's own sorry story.

So, most of last season when we had bog all away fans on at Deadwood we had gates of circa 13,200 as the lordships include ST holders whether we turn up or not.

This season against Wolves there were 16,200 on of which 4,200 were from Wolves.

This suggests our ST sales are down around 1,500 for this season.

Poor do. Poor do.

Could you stop calling it Deadwood. It makes you sound like a dingle. Thanks.

Season ticket sales the last time I checked were just short of 11,000. Throw in the 3500 Wolves fans and there were almost 2,000 walk ons last Saturday.

On another note Burnley had 12,000 on for their first home game of the season with a good 1000 from Birmingham. So read into that what you will.

Season ticket sales the last time I checked were just short of 11,000. Throw in the 3500 Wolves fans and there were almost 2,000 walk ons last Saturday.

On another note Burnley had 12,000 on for their first home game of the season with a good 1000 from Birmingham. So read into that what you will.

Pathetic for a side thats just had one of the best seasons in most fans living memories.

Pathetic for a side thats just had one of the best seasons in most fans living memories.

That sleeping giant of a club that would need to terrace Pendle hill if they ever got to the top division and would always get bigger crowds than us if we played in the same league. 80's myths :lol:

And 11,000 on Huddersfield including more than 1000 from Blackburn meaning around 10,000 home fans for their first home league game of the season. Presumably another club we can't hope to compete with for gates at this level....

• Moderation Lead

To be fair you never get as many fans on for midweek games. Young kids won't be there, some work late/away so I'd say the next Saturday home game will be.

We only had a few hundred more home fans on Ewood for our opener against Wolves and that wasn't on Sky...we've nowt to shout about.

The gate against Cardiff will be a leveler!

To be fair regardless of ticket prices and kick off times the fact our home gate was bigger than Burnleys given everything we have had to endure these last few years compared to the relative success they have had is a good effort.

They are expecting a promotion push, have spent millions and are managed by their best manager in years compared to the malaise and low expectations and bad news speaks volumes.

If some of you are bragging about having a few hundred more than Burnley then it just highlights how far this club and its fans have fallen...we used to have thousands more on than that lot on a match day.This is what those Pune pillocks have reduced us to.

The price of their ST are much more than ours too.

If some of you are bragging about having a few hundred more than Burnley then it just highlights how far this club and its fans have fallen...we used to have thousands more on than that lot on a match day.This is what those Pune pillocks have reduced us to.

The price of their ST are much more than ours too.

It's not really bragging, but considering the difference in expectations and circumstances at each club I think it's very telling that we're still getting more people watching than they are.

It certainly blows the theory away that they are bigger than us now that some have been spreading this summer.

Just imagine if they had a transfer embargo and were expecting a season of struggle.

It seems difficult for some to accept that despite everything we are still bigger and better supported than Burnley.

It is something that I am proud of - that despite 4 years of misery, decline and bad news for us and largely good news for them we are still getting better gates.

It seems some would prefer it if they had more fans than us.

To be fair Matty after OUR Premier league success we damn well should have a larger core fan base.

Of course, however I still believe if Kean had been potted in the summer of 2012, we would be looking at crowds considerably higher than we see now.

I personally know over a dozen people who wouldn't renew as a result of him staying on, and these were long standing fans.

It seems difficult for some to accept that despite everything we are still bigger and better supported than Burnley.

It is something that I am proud of - that despite 4 years of misery, decline and bad news for us and largely good news for them we are still getting better gates.

It seems some would prefer it if they had more fans than us.

Scrapping for crumbs of comfort in our hard times..whatever gives you solice.

I would forfeit bigger gates than them to have a competent

Manager and caring Board like they have in place...pains me to say that too.

Would have been unthinkable saying that before the Loons ran their wrecking ball through Ewood.!

Archived