BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be renewing as soon as I can. I have my differences with Chaddy, GAV and Parson but at least they don't pack it in when we are not winning things. I have a lot more in common with them than the plastics who don't want to go when we are not in the Premier League.

Haven't a clue Stuart. I see an honest, decent guy doing his best for Blackburn Rovers. That's all I ask from any manager.

That's all you ask is it? If his best isn't good enough for our famous and proud club, that's ok with you. Well then, happy clap away to the conference,

I'll be renewing as soon as I can. I have my differences with Chaddy, GAV and Parson but at least they don't pack it in when we are not winning things. I have a lot more in common with them than the plastics who don't want to go when we are not in the Premier League.

Why is it you think that those who may not renew are bothered that were not in the premier league. I'm not. I've rarely watched premier league football in my life having only started regularly watching rovers as they got relegated, stuck with them through promotion and subsequent relegation and on to now. It's not about the premier league for me. It's about watching a team I feel are being well managed, trying to the best of their ability, however limited that might be, and gaining some satisfaction from performances if not always from results. Our not being in the Premier league may be the reason some have not or will not renew, but for many of us it's a case of wanting more of the things we love about football. It's about there being more interesting things to do with our time and money than watch the oft served fare at rovers. Now if the current performance levels continue, many waverers will, finances permitting, renew. I haven't made up my mind yet for a number of reasons which I've mentioned on here before, but don't tar all those who don't renew with the same brush. Each person has their own probably valid reasons for non renewal. Not being in the prem may be one but it's by no means the only one

That's all you ask is it? If his best isn't good enough for our famous and proud club, that's ok with you. Well then, happy clap away to the conference,

Problem is Andy Venkys are clueless, the people running the club at this end are apparently no better so I'd get used to it if I was you.

Happy claping could also be translated into Proper fan, one who supports the club through thick and thin, I doubt you'll fall into that category, so we'll see you next time we're playing premiership football.

Don't worry Andy, if sticking with the club through bad times means I'm a Rovers Fan I couldn't be more happy to be one.

Problem is Andy Venkys are clueless, the people running the club at this end are apparently no better so I'd get used to it if I was you.

Happy claping could also be translated into Proper fan, one who supports the club through thick and thin, I doubt you'll fall into that category, so we'll see you next time we're playing premiership football.

Proper fan? Like the ones who supported Kean?

Let's not go down that road, GAV.

Pleased to here it Al. We might disagree on some things but at the end of the day we are both passionate Rovers fans and we support them through the good and bad times and be a Season Ticket holder aswell.

Why is it you think that those who may not renew are bothered that were not in the premier league. I'm not. I've rarely watched premier league football in my life having only started regularly watching rovers as they got relegated, stuck with them through promotion and subsequent relegation and on to now. It's not about the premier league for me. It's about watching a team I feel are being well managed, trying to the best of their ability, however limited that might be, and gaining some satisfaction from performances if not always from results. Our not being in the Premier league may be the reason some have not or will not renew, but for many of us it's a case of wanting more of the things we love about football. It's about there being more interesting things to do with our time and money than watch the oft served fare at rovers. Now if the current performance levels continue, many waverers will, finances permitting, renew. I haven't made up my mind yet for a number of reasons which I've mentioned on here before, but don't tar all those who don't renew with the same brush. Each person has their own probably valid reasons for non renewal. Not being in the prem may be one but it's by no means the only one

Not tarring anybody. Just the glory hunters who won't go because we are no longer a Premier League club. Please don't be so quick to take offence. None was intended.

Proper fan? Like the ones who supported Kean?

Let's not go down that road, GAV.

That's in the past and most hated the lying runt. Bowyers trying his best and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath Stuart.

That's in the past and most hated the lying runt. Bowyers trying his best and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath Stuart.

I didn't mention Bowyer, you did. You defined Rovers Fans, the term was coined during the Kean era. Perhaps the term should be exiled too... :tu:

And more posting for a reaction .. You ain't getting one ha

Haha, not really I'm just referring to your GB out campaign. Admittedly not as blinkered as a few others but still, you made the point we have a chairman "out to take the club to the cleaners" yet you'd happily say it's time up for gaz

Not tarring anybody. Just the glory hunters who won't go because we are no longer a Premier League club. Please don't be so quick to take offence. None was intended.

I'm not offended - it takes a lot to offend me. However I do think you're a bit quick with your generalisations. There should be room for all shades of opinion and everyone to do what they want and need to do.

I'm not convinced the league we are in is a major factor, yes it is a factor but not a major one. I personally prefer the Championship football wise but the finances of Premier League make it a necessity.

I'm not offended - it takes a lot to offend me. However I do think you're a bit quick with your generalisations. There should be room for all shades of opinion and everyone to do what they want and need to do.

Don't see your problem. That's not a generalisation it's quite specific. If you don't fit the description it doesn't affect you at all.

You are now in my deluded and possibly unbalanced drawer, with Chaddy. I'm sure you're on the wind up. Venkys have done great haven't they,? Excellent post Jonny B.... :(

Everything he said is valid. He never mentioned Venkys either.

This is NOTHING like before. Crippling debt and keeping managers for non-football reasons are just two examples.

Maybe you should have spoken to Bill Fox, Biil Bancroft and Derek Keighley. or possibly the Rovers milkman and window cleaners in the 70's.

I didn't mention Bowyer, you did. You defined Rovers Fans, the term was coined during the Kean era. Perhaps the term should be exiled too... :tu:

Its a crap way to describe any supporter and a lazy way to avoid debating the subject IMO.

I agree it should be exiled

Simple gumboots. Because Al is old enough to have witnessed the similar effect of falling down from the top division before. He knows what the Blackburn faithful are like.

• Moderation Lead

You've got to laugh when people call others deluded when they are the same people saying they were better than Chris Taylor at their age.

Brilliant.

I'm not convinced the league we are in is a major factor, yes it is a factor but not a major one. I personally prefer the Championship football wise but the finances of Premier League make it a necessity.

can't agree with you there Paul. In which scenario would more HOME fans attend on a week in, week out basis next season:

Scenario A - somehow we get promoted this season and games against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool are the 'norm' again.

Scenario B - the owners sell up over the summer and with new owners welcomed with open arms games against the likes of Bolton, Charlton, Huddersfield, Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday continue.

Honest answers please :brfc:

Have to say I agree with Abbey in that the product is very poor and the quality of entertainment limited. Mind-numbingly boring has not been that far off the mark many times this season at home. In normal circumstances, businesses operating in the leisure and entertainment market offering sub-standard products with minimal entertainment do not retain their customer base and we are very lucky that football generates different emotions and loyalties that circumnavigate normal customer buying trends.

Of course it relates to selling our best players, leaving the Premiership and downsizing our product and service offerings. But for me and recognising the footballing loyalty ties, the biggest catalyst for losing our fan base in such numbers were the lies, spin, selfishness, disrespect, skullduggery and financial waste.....not simply the relegation we could all have handled in normal circumstances. Decent fans simply could not condone the stupidity and self-serving free for all and therefore withdrew emotional and financial support. Timings did not help either coming during a global economic crisis and UK recession as fans naturally evaluated their disposable incomes and free 'leisure spend.' We all know former fans who have not missed Ewood at all and have actually found they enjoy the time and money available now they are missing the matches.

Add it all together and its pretty straight forward really. The Venky's business master class in full flow.

Archived