BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobodies criticising people for going K-Hod. How can you be so wildly off the point??

I'm not not sure who you're trying to kid Shaun, you've spent the last month critisizing people for going on various threads in various ways.

K-Hod was spot on, maybe due to the shear numbers of posts you forget sometimes or don't actually mean to do it, but a quick search pulls up lots of examples.

It can be argued our time in the top 2 divisions will soon be coming to an end with them.

Lack of planning pre-FFP, when they knew it would hit hard and long, has seen to that

Don't continue all this babyhouse whining and whinging. It is totally counter productive and doesn't show your opinion in the best light. Instead put forward what you consider to be a workable solution.

Who is at fault for that ?

The club is rotten to the core , it is no wonder that some fans are disillusioned .....

blame blame blame! How bloody tiresome. What an infantile dummy spitting exercise this mb has become. What good are continual recriminations waggy? Just what good will this continual moaning do? Sh1ts happened, we all know that, you are repeating to infinity something which we all know and which many of us predicted would happen 5 years ago when the rest were creaming themselves over getting shot of the Trust and eagerly bending over to welcome our new billionaire owners.

Get over it and move on.

Abbey I'm getting the feeling that you are eagerly awaiting the axe to fall on brfc and then you can say 'I told you so'. It's a bit like the gravestone epitaph 'You lot wouldn't believe me when I told you I was ill'. :closedeyes:

We all know that the club is teetering in the brink of a precipice. If it goes over there is no way back (Going to Burnley/PNE might be the only options open to you soon). I can't see a logical way forward such is the level of debt but if the club ever needed support it's now and in the forseeable future. All this talking the club down and negativity can only adversely affect the support base and effectively hasten the day when Blackburn does not have a club.

I've banged on about NW United for long enough to widespread ridicule but I think a few might soon be regretting that it did not happen a few years back when we were strong and could have been the dominant driving force in forming a club to serve the whole area that is both financially viable and self sustainable. Who knows if Jack had used his irresistable wealth and influence back then and driven Lancashire football in that direction we may never have heard of Madame, Balaji et al. :rover:

To be fair you banged on about it happening and stopped going for a lot more games than most.. I have not missed a home match. Its not awaiting it happening ,its knowing it will happen. Like I've said Id rather they leave now and pick thru the remnants of our club as opposed to waiting till they erase us completely .Its not talking the club down negatively ,its called facing the facts. As for Burnley , Preston or Lancs Utd ,I would rather visit Asda on a Saturday than give any of those my money.

I've come to the conclusion that if it was not them it would have been someone else. Look at the flakes that we avoided for Pete's sake!!! I've no doubt that Shah or Williams or that other dodgepot with the greasy hair and fake emerald ring would have long since sold up and cleared off. BRFC as it stands is unworkable as a professional club in the top division without some idiot with a death wish chucking gazillions at it. A tiny support base coupled with the cheapest ST's in the land and yet people still think it's too much and expect Prem football to be spoon fed to them. Small town. small town mentality will not sustain a successful team.

Question for you Abbey.....

If on the off chance that the venkys wrote off the debt and cleared off back to India to lick their wounds without selling the club but leaving the club to the supporters /FF / Trust or whoever just how long do you think it would

a. continue in the top two Divisions?

and

b. continue full stop?

c. Non league ..

I would still be there.

It no longer matters imo. We are way past the point of no return in terms of manageable debt.

So we give up and take an Indian rogering ?

It can be argued our time in the top 2 divisions will soon be coming to an end with them.

Lack of planning pre-FFP, when they knew it would hit hard and long, has seen to that

The mistake they made was letting OTHERS whom they mistakenly trusted to do their pre FFP planning for them. Unbreakable contracts (with kick backs) awarded to uninterested dollopers arriving on a gravy train.

blame blame blame! How bloody tiresome. What an infantile dummy spitting exercise this mb has become. What good are continual recriminations waggy? Just what good will this continual moaning do? Sh1ts happened, we all know that, you are repeating to infinity something which we all know and which many of us predicted would happen 5 years ago when the rest were creaming themselves over getting shot of the Trust and eagerly bending over to welcome our new billionaire owners.

Get over it and move on.

why did you stop going ? Did you not have someone to blame?

The mistake they made was letting OTHERS whom they mistakenly trusted to do their pre FFP planning for them. Unbreakable contracts (with kick backs) awarded to uninterested dollopers arriving on a gravy train.

but that's blaming ?

its the continued naivety that irks me, they have been at Rovers for long enough now. Yet they appear to have learnt nowt, we are still a shambles off the field and Madame still values people she likes more than the individuals ability to do a good job. If they converted the debt to shares or something along those lines I wouldn't be confident that in 3 years we wouldn't have racked up another huge debt due to general incompetence and mismanagement.

A sale of players this summer might bring in 20 mill which makes a tiny dent in the debt but allows rovers to keep going. Another stable season in mid table with a lesser team but after that then what ? No parachutes, no big players to sell yet there will still be a black hole in the finances even if the embargo has been lifted. So then they'd need to invest money still just to keep it going never mind trying to build a promotion squad.

I think we'll just keep going around in circles but sooner or later end up in admin. It's not doom mongering it's the only way I can see they can ever clear a huge lump of debt and maybe start again. Unless of course the miracle of promotion.

A sale of players this summer might bring in 20 mill which makes a tiny dent in the debt but allows rovers to keep going. Another stable season in mid table with a lesser team but after that then what ? No parachutes, no big players to sell yet there will still be a black hole in the finances even if the embargo has been lifted. So then they'd need to invest money still just to keep it going never mind trying to build a promotion squad.

I think we'll just keep going around in circles but sooner or later end up in admin. It's not doom mongering it's the only way I can see they can ever clear a huge lump of debt and maybe start again. Unless of course the miracle of promotion.

Good summary, can't see things improving anytime soon.

You need a proper manager (like Dyche) to pull off a promotion miracle with a small squad.

Genuine question - how much is the debt costing Rovers to maintain - or is the debt costs covered by Venky's ? Ultimately is it not the cost of servicing the debt that will impact us under FFP as much as the debt itself ?

The debt isn't costing Rovers anything, its not the clubs debt at all, its Venkys debt and not linked to the club at all FOR NOW!

Or at least thats my understanding of it.

FFP is about living way beyond our means in terms of profit/loss and income/wages.

The debt isn't costing Rovers anything, its not the clubs debt at all, its Venkys debt and not linked to the club at all FOR NOW!

FFP is about living way beyond our means in terms of profit/loss and income/wages.

In terms of FFP - are there not changes coming that will allow owners to put more into the club ?

Ultimately this summer will see some big wage earners leave the club - one of which is likely to be Rhodes which should have significant impact on our balance sheet - not only by any fee generated but due to his huge wages.

Think you will find venkys have been pretty cute on the debt read the championship club debts thread a poster who has a excellent understanding of accounts has put everything into perspective...

Think you will find venkys have been pretty cute on the debt read the championship club debts thread a poster who has a excellent understanding of accounts has put everything into perspective...

Yes I'll take a look at that.

Ian Battersby said a few weeks ago on Radio Lamcashire that the debt was not secured on the club at all and lets face it he'd know.

Yes I'll take a look at that.

Ian Battersby said a few weeks ago on Radio Lamcashire that the debt was not secured on the club at all and lets face it he'd know.

The way I see it as certain amount is to venkys London of which the owners can pull the plug any time they want and quite another chunk is external which I wasn't aware of making our position precarious

The minutes went on to the Rovers website earlier today. This is the minute re season tickets below. As you can see it doesn't look like STs will be on sale before the end of the season.

It would be good to get views on here about how people feel about moving the Family Stand and closing the upper tier. As someone who sits there I would be very relaxed about it but I know other fans may have stronger opinions. Of course it would also upset some other ST holders assuming they created a Family area elsewhere in the ground.

1. 2015/16 Season Tickets

TS asked whether the club was considering an early bird offer as other clubs had already done. DS stated that he did not see any financial benefit in issuing the offer early before the season ends. He would expect that a small increase would be approved but the final decision rested with the owners and that they were very keen to keep prices affordable and had vetoed rises proposed by the management team before.

JW asked whether the club was considering any major changes, such as closing the Family Stand to save money and to concentrate fans in the rest of the stadium. AM stated that it was very difficult to move season ticket holders who often were very attached to their seats. JW suggested that it might be worth the club writing to season ticket holders in the Family Stand to gauge their views.

The minutes went on to the Rovers website earlier today. This is the minute re season tickets below. As you can see it doesn't look like STs will be on sale before the end of the season.

It would be good to get views on here about how people feel about moving the Family Stand and closing the upper tier. As someone who sits there I would be very relaxed about it but I know other fans may have stronger opinions. Of course it would also upset some other ST holders assuming they created a Family area elsewhere in the ground.

1. 2015/16 Season Tickets

TS asked whether the club was considering an early bird offer as other clubs had already done. DS stated that he did not see any financial benefit in issuing the offer early before the season ends. He would expect that a small increase would be approved but the final decision rested with the owners and that they were very keen to keep prices affordable and had vetoed rises proposed by the management team before.

JW asked whether the club was considering any major changes, such as closing the Family Stand to save money and to concentrate fans in the rest of the stadium. AM stated that it was very difficult to move season ticket holders who often were very attached to their seats. JW suggested that it might be worth the club writing to season ticket holders in the Family Stand to gauge their views.

Thanks for that, so see where we are at the end of the season.

I also sit in the FS, front row, great view....I think I would be a bit naffed off, just as I am sure those that sit in the lower JW stand would be.

Seems to me there is plenty of room "upstairs", better view, and would populate the upper tier.

Dortmund has posted a topic about keeping the DE away only.

Problem as I see it, the atmosphere ramps up only against Leeds, Boro and Stoke. The first two as they had all the stand, Stoke because we were given something to shout about.

Closing stands, whilst saving a bit of money, won't bring the atmosphere back?

The thinking is essentially that the club could save money by shutting the upper tier - less stewards and bar staff and the crowd we get can easily be fitted into the remaining space. They thought about it last year but I don't think they will do anything this year. I expect it will irritate too many ST holders to make it worthwhile.

Archived