BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a moment today that summed up everything that's wrong and made me turn to my husband and say I nothing changes, we are not renewing next year. And you can hold me to that. I've not fallen out of love with my club. I want to support them. I've made it this far but I really can't see what I'll get out of going on putting myself through the boredom and misery. There are other things I can do on Saturday that won't give me the kicks when it goes well, that won't replicate the buzz of a win, but that will provide me with a great deal more overall pleasure

Sadly Gumboots,that is the conclusion that i came to 2 1/2 years ago and surprisingly i found it easier than i thought i would. :(

Sadly Gumboots,that is the conclusion that i came to 2 1/2 years ago and surprisingly i found it easier than i thought i would. :(

Me too. I think it's a 50's thing because my father stopped going around the his early 50's. Whether or not he was simply carrying on until I was old enough to go on my own I'm not sure. I have of course returned now that Kean etc has gone and the Prem income gone but it is a fragile truce with the club.

the attendance of 13,200 beggars belief! From memory there are 10,000 STH's, add on 500 away fans and that leaves you with 2,700 'walk-ons' - yeah right! :lol::lol::lol:

As for the pricing, a Cat A ticket in the Jack Walker Centre this season cost £38 - are the prices that you quote the most expensive match ticket per tier of match?

Was this game not part of the 3 Series - so whether people turn up for all three games or not - I would imagine they will still be counted. Not saying it makes up the difference - but just another reason.

Also -for anyone calling the style of football under Bowyer as a reason not to renew - did you renew under Allardyce when we were in the Premiership ?

I did but very reluctantly. That was boring but effective more often than not. This is boring and mostly ineffective. It's that that is the difference for me, not the league. I'd settle for a 1-0 dull win every week for a while if it meant we got promoted, same as I settled for it when Allardyce was here because it kept us afloat in the prem. I didn't like it, rarely enjoyed it but it worked. What bowyer is giving us often doesnt

Big Sams percentage game at least revolved around getting the ball in the box as many times possible by as many means possible. Always in the air and very predictable but the ball kept going in from every angle and caused teams no end of problems which meant they were often pinned back and couldn't mount many attacks.

Bowyers percentages just revolve around slowly working the ball to the left then constantly winging it towards the pen spot from there. Teams easily get the percentage of possession against us. It's a @#/? poor style of play and is only effective at holding a decent team in mid table at best and comes nowhere near getting the best out of that teams footballing capabilities, not that we'd be world beaters but they can play a bit of a better brand of football than they regularly churn out with an inject of idea on the training ground. Will it change next season even if the squad doesn't ? No chance.

Big Sams percentage game at least revolved around getting the ball in the box as many times possible by as many means possible. Always in the air and very predictable but the ball kept going in from every angle and caused teams no end of problems which meant they were often pinned back and couldn't mount many attacks

I agree- I always found it hilarious that people called this "negative" or boring. If anything it's quite exciting because of the multitude of box action and as for negative? Surely the Roy Hodgson patented pass the ball along your back four for 90 minutes is more "negative"..

• Moderation Lead

How long does it take for us to get a cross in by the way? My God we labour over it for ages, then it invariably doesn't beat the first man...

Big Sams percentage game at least revolved around getting the ball in the box as many times possible by as many means possible. Always in the air and very predictable but the ball kept going in from every angle and caused teams no end of problems which meant they were often pinned back and couldn't mount many attacks.

Bowyers percentages just revolve around slowly working the ball to the left then constantly winging it towards the pen spot from there. Teams easily get the percentage of possession against us. It's a @#/? poor style of play and is only effective at holding a decent team in mid table at best and comes nowhere near getting the best out of that teams footballing capabilities, not that we'd be world beaters but they can play a bit of a better brand of football than they regularly churn out with an inject of idea on the training ground. Will it change next season even if the squad doesn't ? No chance.

I'd have to disagree with you there tomphil. My recollection of Big Sam was that he stuck everyone behind the ball, for the first 80 mins or so. During that time, poor old Kalanic had to chase everything down from the balls kicked forward, from our wall of 9 defenders. 9 times out of 10, he got none of them, resulting in us having about 2 shots in the first 80 minutes. The final 10 was the only time that ever made a real go of it, and usually won. That was only home though. I don't think Allardyce cared away from home :lol: .

I have to say, this year's S.T. has been my first since Allardyce's first full season in charge. I didn't renew then because how poor the entertainment value was/ moving out the area for university/ having to work at the weekend. I am seriously considering not renewing again now, simply down to how poor the entertainment factor has been. Clown's **** tactics put me in a bad mood EVERY SINGLE GAME. Even when we win, such as the game against Rotherham, there's no enjoyment in it. How Clown can watch that sideways, rugby style, 'attacking' rubbish, every single day, is absolutely beyond me.

For me to pick up the renewal form, Clown has to go in summer.

I'd have to disagree with you there tomphil. My recollection of Big Sam was that he stuck everyone behind the ball, for the first 80 mins or so. During that time, poor old Kalanic had to chase everything down from the balls kicked forward, from our wall of 9 defenders. 9 times out of 10, he got none of them, resulting in us having about 2 shots in the first 80 minutes. The final 10 was the only time that ever made a real go of it, and usually won. That was only home though. I don't think Allardyce cared away from home :lol: .

I have to say, this year's S.T. has been my first since Allardyce's first full season in charge. I didn't renew then because how poor the entertainment value was/ moving out the area for university/ having to work at the weekend. I am seriously considering not renewing again now, simply down to how poor the entertainment factor has been. Clown's **** tactics put me in a bad mood EVERY SINGLE GAME. Even when we win, such as the game against Rotherham, there's no enjoyment in it. How Clown can watch that sideways, rugby style, 'attacking' rubbish, every single day, is absolutely beyond me.

So lets distill those comments. If I interpret you correctly you don't like direct football and you don't like sideways football?!? I think you really do need to stay away and find something else to do with your saturdays scotchrover.

So lets distill those comments. If I interpret you correctly you don't like direct football and you don't like sideways football?!? I think you really do need to stay away and find something else to do with your saturdays scotchrover.

I think you need to look again at what I've said. Not a clue how you've drawn that out of my comments. :blink:

Understand what your saying about Allardyce and the Kalinic thing just didn't work but there was more to it than that. They did put everyone behind the ball but the idea from first min to last was get it in the box continuously by way of winning free kicks, throw ins and of course our main provider was Robbo. Play off the keeper etc. Not for the faint hearted and not saying I was a big fan but he had a system and style and they played to it without exception. I'd love to know the number of times the centre halves went up into the box per match, the ground they covered per game must have been eye watering and yes 1 of them often ended up makeshift forward for the last ten. I won't even start on the away games though :unsure:

It was what it was and you knew what you were going to get and more importantly the players did. Contrast to the (non) style we have now where it always gets slowly worked out to the left then pinged in or aimed in the general direction of Rudy/Rhodes from the back and that's it really. It's all about containing and it needs to be mixed up more, Guess what I'm saying is either build a team for power and go the percentage route and do it properly or coach a slightly quicker passing style, we are stuck in the middle and that's why we are bang on average imo.

Exactly how I see it Tom.

However, even now, I can still overhear folk around me on matchdays, stating that 'at least it's better than Big Sam' or 'at least we are competitive in this league'.

We have gone from being mid table in the Premier League with a squad of quality players, an average crowd of 25000 and a national (and perhaps world) profile.

To mid table in the Championship, a set of journeymen players, crowds of 13000 and zero profile.

Progress ay!

Exactly how I see it Tom.

However, even now, I can still overhear folk around me on matchdays, stating that 'at least it's better than Big Sam' or 'at least we are competitive in this league'.

We have gone from being mid table in the Premier League with a squad of quality players, an average crowd of 25000 and a national (and perhaps world) profile.

To mid table in the Championship, a set of journeymen players, crowds of 13000 and zero profile.

Progress ay!

People like that do my piggin head in. In fact I'm getting curter, ruder, more dismissive with such each passing season. Why can't they just freely admit that they are bloody wrong instead of compounding their idiocy?

I think you need to look again at what I've said. Not a clue how you've drawn that out of my comments. :blink:

In that case then you are the 'clown' also. Maybe your agenda would be better served if you tell us what type of football you do like.

I'm not going to renew.

The games have been god awful all season. Bowyer's clueless tactics are primarily to blame.

The only enjoyment is being able to catch up with friends/family.

I'll still follow the club. But putting yourself through the games for over £700+ (including travel etc) for me is something I can do without. There comes to a point where you need some value for money.

People like that do my piggin head in. In fact I'm getting curter, ruder, more dismissive with such each passing season. Why can't they just freely admit that they are bloody wrong instead of compounding their idiocy?

In that case then you are the 'clown' also. Maybe your agenda would be better served if you tell us what type of football you do like.

"Clown"? Pipe down keyboard warrior!

Anyhow, I'd like to see us making a go of it, for a full game. It can't be too much to ask for a squad that's capable of the top 6 can it? Oh wait, with our manager....

"Clown"? Pipe down keyboard warrior!

Anyhow, I'd like to see us making a go of it, for a full game. It can't be too much to ask for a squad that's capable of the top 6 can it? Oh wait, with our manager....

'Clown' is your term.

.......... Clown's **** tactics put me in a bad mood EVERY SINGLE GAME. Even when we win, such as the game against Rotherham, there's no enjoyment in it. How Clown can watch that sideways, rugby style, 'attacking' rubbish, every single day, is absolutely beyond me.

I just pinched it to use once.

btw certainly could hav edone better in league fixtures but we did actually go for it at home v Swansea and Stoke or were you not there on those days?

Archived