BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Read it again and stop jumping to conclusions you two. I said the blame for our fall from grace lay with the owners, but whats done is done and no one can change that, so now we either move forward and support the club or we walk away. If we stay there may be no club, if we walk away there will definitely be no club. Everybody has a choice but 'm not sure that everybody is able to take that on board.

As for calling me a hypocrite athlete I have given my reasons for packing in for two years till I'm blue in the face. I acted then whilst we were in the Prem, maybe if everybody else had done the same we'd still be there. If you haven't grasped it yet then you are intellectually derelict.

So your defence of hypocrisy is that it's all about the timing then?

You abandoning the club and your fellow fans whilst there was TV money around was just and righteous - now even blaming other fans for not also abandoning the club - but if you abandoned after relegation then you will be responsible for there not being a club. Seems a little skewed to me but whichever angle, you are blaming the fans. Then and now.

So, assuming you are correct do you really think an empty stadium in the PL would have made a difference?

1) Venkys weren't listening

2) Kean would never have been sacked at that time, regardless

3) The PL didn't care

4) Even as a PL club the media didn't care

5) The WalkeeTrust took years to sell the club so - even if your genius scheme/one-man protest had worked - who would have been on hand to take over?

5) Venkys still weren't listening

Calling people intellectual derelicts because they don't agree with you is pretty poor form.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At times you're a complete **** gordon, didn't your parents teach you that if you've nothing useful to say, say nothing at all? A few extra smacks up the side of the head wouldn't have gone a miss either.

To answer your question, yes he still goes, Riverside season ticket holder.

Good lad him.

Anyway Gav can I remind you that YOU were the one who said "Now its sentimental nonsense to many I'm sure".

I don't want to be insensitive to the old fellow but death is a common event with 90 year olds, and I hardly think relegation can be given as a major factor on the basis that a chap of that age would have seen us relegated time and again in that time. The only difference in 2012 was that it was more like premeditated, planned suicide rather than relegation.

The players have said themselves on a number of occasions that fan support helps the team. Kilgallon's interview after the Liverpool game being the most recent. So comments from the players saying better support helps them play better is a decent basis for that claim.

You use Newcastle as an example of how support means nothing. Well after their relegation there huge support stuck by them and now they are comfortable in the Premiership - so your example seems a strange one for your point.

And as for questioning the fact that a larger attendance will help us financially - with all things being equal, how can a larger income not help the club financially.

Abbey mentioning Leeds as an example of a club with large support struggling is more useful to the argument that fan support means nothing. But as JBizzle pointed out - it is Leeds' loyal support that has kept the club in existence.

Fans can help the club by attending and supporting - deciding that because of our large debts we shouldn't try is up to you.

It really does seem on here that some posters' hatred for Venky's means they are willing the club to die. Then the witch hunt, and I told you so's can begin with even larger capital letters.

In my opinion every supporter who chooses not to attend matches to spite Venky's is not supporting the club. But if the club goes under at least they will have more fuel for their anger. 'It's not the fans fault, it's venkys' - it's like children in a playground on here sometimes. Bad stuff has happened - assigning blame has no value - the club needs fans pull together to support the club or it fades away.

SHOW ME ONCE JUST ONCE WHERE I HAVE I EVER SAID I WANT THE CLUB TO DIE?

AND IT IS NOT THE FANS FAULT IN ANY SHAPE WHATSOVER.

Good lad him.

Anyway Gav can I remind you that YOU were the one who said "Now its sentimental nonsense to many I'm sure".

I don't want to be insensitive to the old fellow but death is a common event with 90 year olds, and I hardly think relegation can be given as a major factor on the basis that a chap of that age would have seen us relegated time and again in that time. The only difference in 2012 was that it was more like premeditated, planned suicide rather than relegation.

Relegated time and time again yes, but raped pillaged and then relegated?

Only once so far I’d say.

As for stay away fans, I don't blame anyone for not attending, the footballs cr@p, the atmospheres terrible, the owners don't care, I'd wager several of the first team squad couldn't careless either, why pay £25 a week to be a part of that?

You know what Jbizzle its no secret I want rid of those idiots in Pune and the best way to get rid of them in my book is to stop going. Under **** I remember 1 gate in particular was absolutely terrible and the following week they came out in the press as a result and promised change.

If they see the numbers fall they'll act in my opinion, but I understand people are wary of them walking away.

1.. I make it £4 per week of the year for a ST, or just over £5 per week of the football season, or in effect £9 per match. Where on earth do you get your £25 per week figure from?

2. Re: your last point. They have already seen ST's fall by approx 50% if most estimates are correct. So I doubt your theory holds water.

As for leeds, do you think they'd still exist if they hasn't been so well supported? Do you have any idea of the debts they where in?

Pretty sure LUFC will attract buyers before we ever will. Potential being the key word in business.

1.. I make it £4 per week of the year for a ST, or just over £5 per week of the football season, or in effect £9 per match. Where on earth do you get your £25 per week figure from?

2. Re: your last point. They have already seen ST's fall by approx 50% if most estimates are correct. So I doubt your theory holds water.

Pretty sure LUFC will attract buyers before we ever will. Potential being the key word in business.

If you pay match by match its about £25, i'll excuse your lack of knowledge in that area as free tickets are just that, free tickets.

As for my theory, its already worked once as I stated.

BS. Just another attempt to assign blame to the fans for the current situation.

At current debt levels the club dies regardless of how many people attend, should Venky's decide they've had enough.

If you genuinely think thousands of extra people cheering is going to negate Bowyer's awful style of play and the increasingly weakening squad then OK. I can't imagine it will.

Btw, Newcastle got back into the Prem by hiring a decent manager and keeping the majority of their best players - something we won't do, no matter how many fans turn up.

FFP might have snookered them too. I rem some figure being bandied around that relegation cost Ashley £200m.

If you pay match by match its about £25, i'll excuse your lack of knowledge in that area as free tickets are just that, free tickets.

It appears that you might have had too many slaps around your head when you were young. ST's are £210. Now do your sums.

Gav your penchant for exaggeration and evermore melodrama is becoming tiresome.

FFP might have snookered them too. I rem some figure being bandied around that relegation cost Ashley £200m.

It appears that you might have had too many slaps around your head when you were young. ST's are £210. Now do your sums.

Gav your penchant for exaggeration and evermore melodrama is becoming tiresome.

You've had a dressing down, take it on the chin, put your dummy back in and lets crack on.

It think it might be a good thing if we only sold circa 5,000 ST's, that would put the pressure on Shaw and Bowyer to deliver.

The fans would come if we were doing it on the pitch, rather than them having a captive(pre-paid) audience to a certain extent.

Then again it's the Venksters we are dealing with here, so maybe nothing would change, unlike a normal club where both would

probably be sacked if sales dropped by 50% or more.

why did they come against Liverpool then? A few on here were saying we wouldn't get more than 20k on against them but we ended up selling out. The support is still there if there is enough glamour attached to the match. Simple fact is people don't want to watch Championship football. I'm sure a few won't ever come back whilst the venkies are here but most would as soon as we got back in the Prem and started playing the likes of Manure, Liverpool, City etc week in week out.

Still, next year could be an interesting season with the Nobbers, Burnley & Bolton potentially all in the division.

why did they come against Liverpool then? A few on here were saying we wouldn't get more than 20k on against them but we ended up selling out. The support is still there if there is enough glamour attached to the match. Simple fact is people don't want to watch Championship football. I'm sure a few won't ever come back whilst the venkies are here but most would as soon as we got back in the Prem and started playing the likes of Manure, Liverpool, City etc week in week out.

Still, next year could be an interesting season with the Nobbers, Burnley & Bolton potentially all in the division.

You have totally missed my point.

Folk should go if they want to and not go if they don't want to. It makes no difference whatsoever to the club if you go or not. The Venkys will bankroll the club until they decide not to and at that point its all over. A few more or less on the gate every week is a spit in the ocean of our debt. personal choice so there's no point people having a go at each other.

Leeds debt reached £120m when the club went in to administration.

Interestingly Leeds currently owe a total of £32m to GFH and Massimo Cellino.

Gate receipts are down, loyal support?, by £1.2m and the club is losing around £23m a year. Wages in last accounts were £22m.

I was seriously considering not renewing this season and using the money just to attend away games, however after thinking it over I think I will renew. Many people stopped going in the pubs in Blackburn then we all moan when they shut down, so on the basis of use it or lose it I will probably renew again.

How can it not make a difference?

You just said we are losing 2m a month, if we had an extra 10,000 people buying £30 tickets 3/4 times a month we'd only be losing half that.

Money and football are intrinsically linked, even more so since the inception of FFP.

An extra 10,000?! £30 tickets?!?!?!

Considering extra ST's, our current pricing, the fact kids would make up a decent chunk of an increase of fans, we would likely bring no more than an extra £10-15 per head incl revenue (once you've taken off extra staffing and overheads). Over the course of 23 games it would make no more than £3million difference on our yearly accounts. Hardly a massive figure that renders the fans responsible for anything.

Realistically we are never going to get an extra 10,000 fans considering our Prem attendances when we had proper managers so the increase in revenue would be even smaller.

Get all those fans into Ewood and guess what? We'd still be playing absolutely dire hoofball football under Bowyer. I don't follow the belief of some that an increased attendance will suddenly nullify the lacklustre tactics. There's been no evidence to suggest it makes a difference anywhere else so why are we so special?

I've said for two seasons that if our league position showed we genuinely were in contention for promotion we would see an increase in attendances. If we reached April and we were sniffing around the top two, we would be pushing 20,000 home fans again.

Even the season under Kidd our attendances held up as people believed we would go straight back up. Now no-one seems to genuinely believe that and, as much of it is self inflicted, many people are not bothering to watch pointless poor mid table football.

I've said for two seasons that if our league position showed we genuinely were in contention for promotion we would see an increase in attendances. If we reached April and we were sniffing around the top two, we would be pushing 20,000 home fans again.

Even the season under Kidd our attendances held up as people believed we would go straight back up. Now no-one seems to genuinely believe that and, as much of it is self inflicted, many people are not bothering to watch pointless poor mid table football.

Yet they are the ones who expect the club to always be there when they want to dust off their McKewans rovers shirt with No 9 on the back and trap up for some big match or other.

Has Tan agreed to change the strip back to blue?

To be honest I don't blame Cardiff fans for not going, if Venkys changed our home strip I'd not go again until it changed back, some would never go again, some things are non negotiable.

Gav I wish I had a tenner for every time you threaten never to go to Ewood again. I could buy the club off venkys and hand it over to you then you could do what you want with it. :lol:

You remind me of the old 'I've told you a million times not to exaggerate'.

Gav I wish I had a tenner for every time you threaten never to go to Ewood again. I could buy the club off venkys and hand it over to you then you could do what you want with it. :lol:

You remind me of the old 'I've told you a million times not to exaggerate'.

Right thats it, I'm not going again!

Golf for me from now on :tu:

Archived