BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Accy Stanley are doing an early bird offer of £200 for a season ticket.

Any Dunny lovers can get in early if they want!

If we come in at £270 or similar then although this is still cheap it does show that the days of us being the cheapest in all 4 leagues are long gone.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I understand all this "why aren't season tickets on sale" its hardly like those complaining are going to be rushing out and buying one the day they go on sale!

Imagine if they were on sale - "they're only trying to get our money before flogging Rhodes/Gestede/AN OTHER" as certain regular posters have predicted every year since the owners got mugged into buy the club.

I see MERCERMAN still hasn't learned about predicting season ticket numbers. I seem to recall he predicted 1500 would be sold the season after we got relegated and now he is predicting 3000 if we sell Rhodes & Gestede - do you REALLY believe that MERCERMAN or are you that ingrained into the negative vibe that is killing this board, you cant see beyond your own miserable slant on all things Rovers?

When I say this town doesn't have enough people dedicated enough about it to support a top team I get stick for it. I guess it's how you tell em eh Mman?

Your talking rubbish the town does remember the cup game v Liverpool

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting point about higher attendances giving the commercial side a leg-up - after all who wants to advertise to no-one?

Having said that I'm not sure I buy the conspiracy.

As others have said we all know season ticket holders who don't come every game.

Back in the days of normal pricing, I would guess you were getting 3 or 4 games a season 'free' when buying a season ticket but these days it is half a season. Based on this, who cares if you miss a few or even a lot?

If you combine this with the league season being over in March then it is no wonder season ticket holders are staying away and causing this discrepancy.

If they rise by another 10% this year then I think some of these fans will go back to paying on the day whenever it suits them and this will cause the size of the 'discrepancy' to fall noticeably.

I remember pre JW era when Rovers appeared to shave thousands off the declared gate - I think we can all fathom out why.

I very much doubt that the club has the balls to reveal the 'police' gate numbers on a match by match basis.

I think our actual average attendance is nearer the 10,000 mark. I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Just to say, I buy a season ticket knowing I'll miss the first few games of the season and possibly a few more for various reasons. Sometimes my daughter uses them but more often nowadays she doesn't. That means there's nobody in our seats for 4 or 5 games at least. It still works out cheaper than single match tickets.

I seriously doubt that our season ticket sales will fall 1500-3000 mark. There is going to be a fall because many fans that I know aren't intending to renew if Gary is still the manager (and increasingly it looks like he will still be manager come next season) but not to the 1500-3000 level.

I'll be renewing, I just hope that they are able to maintain the prices that we have had over the last couple of season.

• Moderation Lead

I remember pre JW era when Rovers appeared to shave thousands off the declared gate - I think we can all fathom out why.

I very much doubt that the club has the balls to reveal the 'police' gate numbers on a match by match basis.

I think our actual average attendance is nearer the 10,000 mark. I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Again, no other club does this anyway, why would Rovers buck the trend?? It's been 'tickets sold' for a while.

Only conspiracy theorists on here care about willy waving over the actual numbers in the ground.

Again, no other club does this anyway, what makes Rovers so special? It's been 'tickets sold' for years.

Tickets SOLD being key as opposed to the possible existence of huge numbers of 'free' 'Season Tickets' sat on the system whch are then counted in a part of the declared match attendance.

Why does it matter?

Next we will be crying about the number of unsold chicken and mushroom pies.

Attendances are dropping, have dropped- doesn't take a genius to stand in the ground and see it. Don't need reminding or it suggesting that it's some coverup. It's heart breaking enough to see it.

• Moderation Lead

Tickets SOLD being key as opposed to the possible existence of huge numbers of 'free' 'Season Tickets' sat on the system whch are then counted in a part of the declared match attendance.

Exactly, but even then the 'possible existence' as you put it is far from certain, though not impossible granted.

I don't disagree with any of that, it is just the reasons why this is occurring that we differ. You put it down to a conspiracy to help out the commercial side and show the loons that all is OK, whereas I say it is simply caused by people buying season tickets who don't attend that regularly.

Does anyone remember the Cardiff game at the start of the season?

Despite kicking off on a Friday night and live on Sky there were just under 16K announced as in the ground.

There were around 1K Cardiff fans present.

At the time in the ground it felt busy and much better than most league games last season.

Yet the next home game (on a Saturday) was down to just under 14K.

Who were these two thousand fans and where did they go?

Did we have some sort of promotion or freebie in schools on or similar?

or did people see GB happy to take a draw with 15 minutes to go (leaving King, Dunn and Marshall on the bench) against what he saw as an ex-Premier League side that would be challenging (current position 13th) and think @#/? that, nothing has changed, I'm off?

I know they irked you but the Liverpool attendance showed that the spark is still there.

At any other time in the clubs ownership history that spark would be kindled.

Every now and again is just not enough. Bills and wages need paying every month. I've seen this 'big gate for a prestige FA cup tie' and back to a few thousand the week after shyte all through the late 60's, 70's and 80's remember.

Your talking rubbish the town does remember the cup game v Liverpool

Nonsensical.

Predictably so give the source.

There's no doubt that the 'real' attendance is often lower than the announced crowd, however to say most ST holders turn up every game just isn't true.

All around me are ST holders and out of those say 20 people, I would estimate at least 5 are absent each game, often more for midweek games.

The cheapness of the tickets in relation to the lack of 'must see' action means many ST holders just aren't arsed about going to all 23 matches.

Plenty of season ticket holders seem to share tickets near where we sit. Picking and choosing matches. Heck, one 30 year home and away veteran missed the midweek game last week to play crown green bowls. Disillusioned much?

The way I see it, having lost the PL only followers and upset a good deal of loyal fans, we are starting to slide down the footballographics.

Soon there might not be many left...

9C139C9C-01D8-4E8C-A2E3-8766A4534F8C.jpg

Does anyone remember the Cardiff game at the start of the season?

Despite kicking off on a Friday night and live on Sky there were just under 16K announced as in the ground.

There were around 1K Cardiff fans present.

At the time in the ground it felt busy and much better than most league games last season.

Yet the next home game (on a Saturday) was down to just under 14K.

Who were these two thousand fans and where did they go?

Did we have some sort of promotion or freebie in schools on or similar?

or did people see GB happy to take a draw with 15 minutes to go (leaving King, Dunn and Marshall on the bench) against what he saw as an ex-Premier League side that would be challenging (current position 13th) and think @#/? that, nothing has changed, I'm off?

ha ha it felt busy lol it was dead more like 9,500 on tops that night

When I say this town doesn't have enough people dedicated enough about it to support a top team I get stick for it. I guess it's how you tell em eh Mman?

You get stick for it because it's complete and utter bunkum and has been proven wrong time and time again Gordon.

You get stuck for it because it's complete and utter bunkum and has been proven wrong time and time again Gordon.

the fans are there Gav as was proved V Liverpool...in the not too distant past those crowds where the norm

the fans are there Gav as was proved V Liverpool...in the not too distant past those crowds where the norm

I couldn't agree more pal, if the products good the fans will return.

Sadly it's going to be a long way back once Venkys finally sod off.

• Backroom

Why the whinging? It's a clear way to top up some income to the club.

You get stick for it because it's complete and utter bunkum and has been proven wrong time and time again Gordon.

Really? I'd say it was proven right all the way through the late 60's 70's and 80's. :rover:

You are a Rhodes fan I believe Gav. Assuming ST sales of approx 8000 at £250 each then JR's 2m pa (40k pw) gobbles the bloody lot up! Still wrong am I gav?

Really? I'd say it was proven right all the way through the late 60's 70's and 80's. :rover:

You are a Rhodes fan I believe Gav. Assuming ST sales of approx 8000 at £250 each then JR's 2m pa (40k pw) gobbles the bloody lot up! Still wrong am I gav?

Yes you're still wrong, you said the town doesn't have enough dedicated fans to support a top team, absolute bunkum.

We've been doing it for 20yrs!

Archived