BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news and the right decision. Good to see that loyal fans are being rewarded. I've yet to develop any real emotional attachment to my local theatre.

BTW why do people talk about the 'product' when discussing football and price? A football club is with you for life, something to get passionate about, something that breaks your heart or brings you immense joy. It isn't a tin of beans or a new TV. When you view football as a 'product' you've sold your soul to the devil of consumerism and should probably spend your Saturdays shopping instead.

Great news and the right decision. Good to see that loyal fans are being rewarded. I've yet to develop any real emotional attachment to my local theatre.

BTW why do people talk about the 'product' when discussing football and price? A football club is with you for life, something to get passionate about, something that breaks your heart or brings you immense joy. It isn't a tin of beans or a new TV. When you view football as a 'product' you've sold your soul to the devil of consumerism and should probably spend your Saturdays shopping instead.

Basic commercial finance. Whilst I know you are ignoring the finances, unfortunately the creditors don't.

If the price is set correctly to the product on offer, then we'll see an increase in season ticket holders.

(I love my club too.)

To be honest, I think there was room for a small increase. That might sound a bit of a dubious statement given the current circumstances, but I don't believe the ST price is in any way a deciding factor - certainly not at the current levels anyway. But well done to the owners for this one.

Basic commercial finance. Whilst I know you are ignoring the finances, unfortunately the creditors don't.

If the price is set correctly to the product on offer, then we'll see an increase in season ticket holders.

(I love my club too.)

you're wrong. still one of the cheapest tickets in all four divisions but we only fill the ground when Liverpool come to town. nothing to do with finance and everything to do with people not wanting to watch football in the Championship. The price to product ratio is weighted heavily in the fans favour. Go ask some League 1 & 2 sides' fans who pay more.

I would purchase a season ticket in a heartbeat if they dumped this so called manager and brought a proper manager in

B o l l o c k s. i know a few who want the manager out but still go on. you just can't be arsed

you're wrong. still one of the cheapest tickets in all four divisions but we only fill the ground when Liverpool come to town. nothing to do with finance and everything to do with people not wanting to watch football in the Championship. The price to product ratio is weighted heavily in the fans favour. Go ask some League 1 & 2 sides' fans who pay more.

B o l l o c k s. i know a few who want the manager out but still go on. you just can't be arsed

Actually, you prove my point that the product isn't right. When Liverpool came to town the price increased but people bought them, because the perception of the value of the product increased. 50% of the PL fans aren't here, not because the price has increased, but because the product isnt.

Starter level business. When competing for leisure spend your product has to match the value provided. Fuel, car park, refreshment, programme, bet, match day tickets - for even a small family it becomes cost prohibitive.

Something to get passionate about? I'm surrounded by empty seats, that once were full. Should I go in fancy dress?

Football isn't a tin of beans! Cracking stuff. You should make that your signature.

• Backroom

But about supporting your team through the good and bad times?

What about making a personal choice?

If you get very little enjoyment from going at the moment then why continue?

I know many that feel that way, this season in the league has brought very little enjoyment for me at home games.

Absolutely loved the Stoke game due to it being my boys first game but the season itself has been painful to get through

But about supporting your team through the good and bad times?

Supporting your team is irrelevant to the point though, its about finding the blend of maximum attendance vs maximum revenue.

Do I think that freezing prices is good, well its not bad, but the proof will be if we make more revenue in STs than last season.

My guess, looking at a wide scope of fans views is no.

Starter level business. When competing for leisure spend your product has to match the value provided. Fuel, car park, refreshment, programme, bet, match day tickets - for even a small family it becomes cost prohibitive.

Something to get passionate about? I'm surrounded by empty seats, that once were full. Should I go in fancy dress?

Football isn't a tin of beans! Cracking stuff. You should make that your signature.

cheers for that Alan Sugar, nice patronising tone too. if you can find football cheaper in the Championship then crack on. Same with finding other forms of entertainment for the family. Maybe a nice trip to the cinema. You can wear your Odeon scarf and talk with your mates all week about the new snacks on offer or the new upholstery on the chairs. Bootom line Alan, Rovers is cheap, very cheap, and very good value when compared to the vast majority of football clubs in the country. .

As for empty seats, there's a lot of them at a lot of grounds, it's not specific to Rovers.

I think i'll make your quote on Paul Ince my signature. Inspirational stuff... a bit like Incey himself.

cheers for that Alan Sugar, nice patronising tone too. if you can find football cheaper in the Championship then crack on. Same with finding other forms of entertainment for the family. Maybe a nice trip to the cinema. You can wear your Odeon scarf and talk with your mates all week about the new snacks on offer or the new upholstery on the chairs. Bootom line Alan, Rovers is cheap, very cheap, and very good value when compared to the vast majority of football clubs in the country. .

As for empty seats, there's a lot of them at a lot of grounds, it's not specific to Rovers.

I think i'll make your quote on Paul Ince my signature. Inspirational stuff... a bit like Incey himself.

I fail to see the patronising (other than your Sugar ref), and also dont see an Ince signature?

Cheap tickets means nothing if the product isn't (perceived as) good enough.

Once again you harp on about people not wanting to go because it's championship not premiership.i go to watch clitheroe when rovers aren't in town, and it's pretty poor skills wise but the team and the manager give everything most times I've seen them. I don't see that at rovers. I see a dire 95 mins most weeks and at any price that's difficult to take. I'd happily continue to watch rovers in the championship for years if finances didn't mean we need promotion ASAP and if what I am offered were watchable and wholehearted instead of insipid rubbish.

Once again you harp on about people not wanting to go because it's championship not premiership.i go to watch clitheroe when rovers aren't in town, and it's pretty poor skills wise but the team and the manager give everything most times I've seen them. I don't see that at rovers. I see a dire 95 mins most weeks and at any price that's difficult to take. I'd happily continue to watch rovers in the championship for years if finances didn't mean we need promotion ASAP and if what I am offered were watchable and wholehearted instead of insipid rubbish.

i'm not 'harping on', i'm just saying people are quite happy to turn up for the Liverpool game then disappear again, and if we get back in the Prem the crowds will go back up by a fair whack. Why take my comments personally? How do you know the players and manager aren't giving their all at Rovers? Regardless, my point concerned value for money, which some claim they don't get at Rovers? Out of interest how much is it to watch Clitheroe?

I fail to see the patronising (other than your Sugar ref), and also dont see an Ince signature?

Cheap tickets means nothing if the product isn't (perceived as) good enough.

you wouldn't, but it wasn't aimed at you.

Depends when you go to clitheroe. Costs about £7 but there are no transport costs and the refreshments are cheaper. You can take your pint pitch side if you want to too. And you do go on about championship v premiership. Well it might affect some like that but not all. Crowds turned up for the Liverpool game for various reasons. Some were there because they had been to the Swansea and Stoke games and knew what we could do. Some were there because they are Liverpool supporters and saw an opportunity to watch them without the travel to Anfield(certainly true of a lot of the kids I know who went) some made it a family occasion and men or women who usually or even occasionally go took partners and kids because it was an occasion, one match for a place at wembley. Some went because it gave them a better chance of a ticket for wembley should we get there. Some went just because they always go to Ewood. Some turned up because the standard of football we played in the cup this year was far better than anything we've seen in the league at Ewood (some away performances have been good but I can't remember the last time I saw anything like a real beating of a side at home) some turned up just because it was Liverpool, a big team.

I wouldn't argue that tickets at Ewood aren't a decent price. What I'd say is that the enjoyment per pound is minimal. And perhaps players and staff are giving their all, but it's all about perceptions and on far too many occasions individually and collectively, they have looked lacklustre and devoid of any real energy to change things. They don't look to be busting a gut to get the goal, cut out the cross, stick with their man, get bodies in the way. They do it sporadically but not consistently.

I'm not a bowyer hater. Never have been. He's done too much good at a low point in our history to deserve anything but respect from me. But will I buy a season ticket, which is what this thread is about? Even with a price freeze I very much doubt it. I like having the ticket and just being able to turn up for the same seat. I like the people around me. I like the fact that it's paid for in advance and I don't have to wonder if I can afford it, but it's become a tyranny I no longer need. It never felt a burden when I couldn't wait for the next match to come round. It felt like a blessing. Since Hughes left it has become increasingly a millstone round my neck. I supported it under Allardyce because the boredom was at least winning boredom. I stuck with it through the sad years that followed because I wouldn't let that mob and their excuse for a manager drive me out. But the sad fact is I can't stick with it while the club and the team on the pitch slowly slides to oblivion, as budgets are cut and our best players probably leave. We've always lost the odd player but this summer may see a mass exodus. It may not but something has to be seen to be done even if player sales will be a drop in the ocean of our debt. It's depressing on the pitch and depressing off it and I can get my fill of disaster and doom and gloom elsewhere. Going to a match is about lifting you out of the humdrum for an hour or two, not making you feel even worse. It should be about excitement and anticipation, not dread and despair. Yes you'll lose some matches and get angry sometimes because even Chelsea don't win every game but there has to be more to thrill that frustrate or, whatever price your tickets are, you're not getting what you think you pay for.

Can't fault the prices ,

Had they been £500 I would of renewed , equally I will renew this time time , I'm sure others like me feel this way .

At the same time though I respect had they been £50 it wouldn't of tempted others to either renew or return .

The product at present is very poor, the club is a shadow of itself under Venky's and regardless of what the ticket price is , for many , all is certainly not forgiven and they will continue to vote with their feet .

The owners don't care one jot about what the supporters think , whilst that is the case , the crowds will continue on the steep decline .

A number of times this season I've had a spare ticket and I've not been able to give it away

Sorry blueboy but I was a season ticket holder for years including the two years we were in the first division, I sat through dross week after week but then we had an owner who cared and later in the season we got a man called souness who I could believe in now we have none of those things

Well done to the club for freezing season ticket prices for next season.

Quite right but I doubt that (and even keeping Rhodes away from Hull last season) will endear the owners to many of the supporters who have now well and truly painted themselves into a corner.

Has it been confirmed if there is a free/cheap season ticket for season ticket holders if we get promoted next season? I'm pretty sure this was offered as an incentive over the last couple of seasons.

For anybody who thinks season tickets are too cheap the answer is simple to me. Buy two or offer to pay more for the current one. Problem solved.

I will be amazed if we sell anywhere near the same amount,sadly the product is poor.

Ever heard the saying "You get what you pay for" SG?

Just as an aside has anyone considered that we are under a transfer embargo until we narrow the gap between income and outgoings. We are set to lose some big earners for sure but I hardly think a price freeze on the ST's is going to help the overall situation much. Just a thought. :rock:

Alan Sugar? Hardly, it was pretty basic stuff. Common sense really. If you had read my original post properly you would see that I said the individual price was fine by me. I was just making the point that anyone with a family may view the pricing differently and balance it against all other entertainment factors available with that disposable family income. Its dull and cold on the Rovers with little atmosphere. I know that doesn't fit your 'please keep Bowyer at any cost agenda' but its truthful. Its been painful watching the Rovers under Bowyer. Painfully boring as is the way with constant underachievement.

Re: your other point. I refrained from pulling thenodrog up on his silliness regrading Ince. I could have responded to his comments and educated, but only in a similar childish vein. I chose not to in light of recent comments in Ask Admin and chris_h's post about us all avoiding petty squabbles. You quoting him like he said something ground-breaking is a tad foolish in light of that.

I appreciate being made to look silly with the 'football isn't like a tin of beans' comment wouldnt cheer you up. Good to reflect sometimes though. Apologies if it upset you. I wont use it as my signature, although it is worthy.

Archived