BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

I am still a supporter al, I will always be a rovers supporter but will never ever support venkys or to a lesser extent bowyer, I can't bring myself to sit in a ground where there are sections of Rovers Fans ignorant to what is really going on, when venkys go, I will return and also to add even if i had been offered a free ticket to the Liverpool game (for example) I would still have turned it down, some of you will knock me for this post but its my choice and my view at the end of the day.

Sorry pal but you are not still a supporter. Maybe more of an interested observer these days.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry pal but you are not still a supporter. Maybe more of an interested observer these days.

Couldn't agree more Al. We have any number of folk who claim to be supporters then add a number of caveats which prevents them from actually supporting the team at Ewood. Heaven only knows what some of this lot would have done in the late sixties and early seventies when the likes of Frank Lord, Terry Shannahan, Gerry Farrell, Alex Russell and any number of similar ilk were the best we could attract and afford at Ewood.

I am still a supporter al, I will always be a rovers supporter but will never ever support venkys or to a lesser extent bowyer, I can't bring myself to sit in a ground where there are sections of Rovers Fans ignorant to what is really going on, when venkys go, I will return and also to add even if i had been offered a free ticket to the Liverpool game (for example) I would still have turned it down, some of you will knock me for this post but its my choice and my view at the end of the day.

A couple of days ago you stated in this thread you would "get a season ticket in a heartbeat, if they got rid of the clueless manager and got a proper one".

A couple of days ago you stated in this thread you would "get a season ticket in a heartbeat, if they got rid of the clueless manager and got a proper one".

So his choice is nothing to do with Parsons post about player quality then? Hmmmm

If this is our last year of parachute payments then it is worth a gamble to get a few more in Ewood cheering on the team.

THIS +1000.

How great would it be if half the people who were at Liverpool decided to turn up more often. An atmosphere in the stands feeds onto the pitch and makes players more than they are.

Personally, I think it's going to be a tough season because we'll still have the medoicre man in charge of the team.

But... cmon!! Get down to Ewood and make Saturdays special again.

quality input.

Besides Jordan Rhodes is there anything or anyone at Rovers that you like Mr Andy Capps Lock Dingle? See what i did there, i gave you a 'hilarious' nickname :wacko:

Another one with dingle insult that isn't man enough to ignore me ..

Here we go again,not been on for ages,but knew the same old dross,same old excuses,re.buying a season ticket,it's either Venkys,Bowyer,price,and anything else they don't like,yes I know you've personal choice,no problem,but please,please,don't call yourselves Rovers supporters,because your not,what you are is part time Rovers supporters,go when everything going great. A proper Rovers supporter doesn't just support the owners/manager/players we support the CLUB ,through thick and thin,ask Birdy,Pittard,Charnley,me and the rest of the diehards if they are getting a season ticket,next season and they will look at you in disbelief,I know the Venkys screwed our club,but you can't turn the clock back,just support the club,I also know there are better managers than Bowyer,but he has steadied the ship,after all the top earners had to leave,again just support the club,look at Swansea,Southhampton and now Bournmouth,a few years ago a lot worse off than us,look at them now,you never know we might be back up in the premier one day,so there we go,support the CLUB get a season ticket(cheap as chips) and let's get back among the big boys COYB

Has it ever occurred to you that the people you and others continue to insult on here (Rovers Fans, ignorant, etc) might have made their own minds up about "what is really going on" and decided that supporting the team in Ewood Park is the right thing for them to do?

If you use some of the repetitive nonsense that gets posted on this MB several times every day to form your decisions, then more fool you.

According to the itk predictions from the last couple of seasons, the club would already no longer even exist, never mind still have any half decent players.

However here we are talking about league football not only in 2015-16 but also what league the club might be in for 2016-17. The fact that the pledge has been signed off suggests to me that Venkys are not going anywhere.

And for all the bleating on here about never blaming the fans, here you are using fellow fans as a reason you won't buy a ticket and sit with them in your home ground.

You're right nay no never I did say that but that was aimed at my dislike of bowyer,

Parson, I was attending ewood pre-walker/premier league days, its got nothing to do with where the club is now, only my dislike for venkys,

Im not blaming fans roverzee, all im saying is that it makes my stomach turn when some supporters are claiming venkys have turned the corner, theyre running the club properly now etc etc, the only way we will get rid of venkys if people start voting with their feet, going mindlessly supporting the club just because they feel they have a duty to wont change a thing, we will never get anywhere with this mob running/ruining the club

Here we go again,not been on for ages,but knew the same old dross,same old excuses,re.buying a season ticket,it's either Venkys,Bowyer,price,and anything else they don't like,yes I know you've personal choice,no problem,but please,please,don't call yourselves Rovers supporters,because your not,what you are is part time Rovers supporters,go when everything going great. A proper Rovers supporter doesn't just support the owners/manager/players we support the CLUB ,through thick and thin,ask Birdy,Pittard,Charnley,me and the rest of the diehards if they are getting a season ticket,next season and they will look at you in disbelief,I know the Venkys screwed our club,but you can't turn the clock back,just support the club,I also know there are better managers than Bowyer,but he has steadied the ship,after all the top earners had to leave,again just support the club,look at Swansea,Southhampton and now Bournmouth,a few years ago a lot worse off than us,look at them now,you never know we might be back up in the premier one day,so there we go,support the CLUB get a season ticket(cheap as chips) and let's get back among the big boys COYB

Excellent comment.

it is when they clash on Saturdays at 3PM....

Maybe you don't understand. You arrange your tee time to suit yourself. It's rarely fixed for you. Personally I only play midweek and leave the weekends for those who have to work.

You're right nay no never I did say that but that was aimed at my dislike of bowyer,

Parson, I was attending ewood pre-walker/premier league days, its got nothing to do with where the club is now, only my dislike for venkys,

Im not blaming fans roverzee, all im saying is that it makes my stomach turn when some supporters are claiming venkys have turned the corner, theyre running the club properly now etc etc, the only way we will get rid of venkys if people start voting with their feet, going mindlessly supporting the club just because they feel they have a duty to wont change a thing, we will never get anywhere with this mob running/ruining the club

Good to see Shaun "liking" this. Could have been penned by him too. Another non supporter.

Another one with dingle insult that isn't man enough to ignore me ..

Oh dear. Now i know you think this board's all about you but if someone like JH Rover takes the time to put a coherent post together the least YOU can do is either reply in a similair way or ignore it.

So take your own advice and ignore things you can't respond to in a mature fashion. Are you man enough?

Has it ever occurred to you that the people you and others continue to insult on here (Rovers Fans, ignorant, etc) might have made their own minds up about "what is really going on" and decided that supporting the team in Ewood Park is the right thing for them to do?

If you use some of the repetitive nonsense that gets posted on this MB several times every day to form your decisions, then more fool you.

According to the itk predictions from the last couple of seasons, the club would already no longer even exist, never mind still have any half decent players.

However here we are talking about league football not only in 2015-16 but also what league the club might be in for 2016-17. The fact that the pledge has been signed off suggests to me that Venkys are not going anywhere.

And for all the bleating on here about never blaming the fans, here you are using fellow fans as a reason you won't buy a ticket and sit with them in your home ground.

Where was the improvement made last season on the season before ?

There's a few of those on here that come out with the old 'always the fans fault' line and then label their fellow fans 'Rovers Fans' etc. strange bunch.

we didn't lose to Burnley.

There's a few of those on here that come out with the old 'always the fans fault' line and then label their fellow fans 'Rovers Fans' etc. strange bunch.

we didn't lose to Burnley.

Good one !

Oh dear. Now i know you think this board's all about you but if someone like JH Rover takes the time to put a coherent post together the least YOU can do is either reply in a similair way or ignore it.

So take your own advice and ignore things you can't respond to in a mature fashion. Are you man enough?

and there the child like reply once more...its good this, im just ignoring you as i cant be arsed with your addiction of trying to wind me up .

And you think that you not attending is going to make the owners leave ? I don't agree with other supporters views of certain players, the manager, our style of play, the owners etc etc - not going to stop me attending. Now if you came out and said you couldn't afford it or you just didn't enjoy football anymore - fair enough - but to blame other fans for their views is pretty poor to be honest.

Maybe you don't understand. You arrange your tee time to suit yourself. It's rarely fixed for you. Personally I only play midweek and leave the weekends for those who have to work.

AL it's a pun at another poster pal who stayed away for awhile

Couldn't agree more Al. We have any number of folk who claim to be supporters then add a number of caveats which prevents them from actually supporting the team at Ewood. Heaven only knows what some of this lot would have done in the late sixties and early seventies when the likes of Frank Lord, Terry Shannahan, Gerry Farrell, Alex Russell and any number of similar ilk were the best we could attract and afford at Ewood.[/q

Nothing to do with it PB , the Venkys are too blame for our fall from grace , with the help of a football agent and Kean...

Venkys , are the problem and they must leave before the club can even think of moving forward !

I was there in 68 but wont be there again until these clueless cretins leave ......

My view is that the club/owners have done the bare minimum, yes they would have looked foolish to increase the prices in light of last seasons promise, so they have promised the same! Now waits to be seen whether they (owners) back it up by keeping this squad together.......Crown Jewels go, ain't going to get anywhere near as good in the bargain basement?

Back to the statement of intent......

Our chicken businesses go from strength to strength.........football, what's that?

Oh yes a drain on our chicken businesses......

I'm one of those ignorant Rovers Fans. Care to tell me what is going on down at Ewood and in Pune because I can't fathom it out as you must have? I look forward to your response and I'm sure I won't be alone.

Please tell me what you would expect to happen should the venkys up sticks and leave overnight.

I don't know why you are bothering explaining Al. Athlete's happy playing some sort of chavvy class warrior role.

Well we have got rid of quite a few free loading dollopers and assorted n'er do wells out of the squad.

and there the child like reply once more...its good this, im just ignoring you as i cant be arsed with your addiction of trying to wind me up .

:wacko: No your not Abbey.

AL it's a pun at another poster pal who stayed away for awhile

A 'pun'?

Well we have got rid of quite a few free loading dollopers and assorted n'er do wells out of the squad.

So why didn't the Rovers team performances improve during 2014/15 leaving the supporters disappointed at the lack of progress being made.

Archived