BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lack of ambition, I'm not one to sit back and wait for a problem to disappear at all, but I recognise that the club is slowly trying to get out of a bad period. Abstaining won't help the situation at all.

What is the club actually doing to get out of this bad period?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's are inextricably linked to the club, Parson. Can't you grasp that?

No I can't, I really can't. The club I support was founded in 1875 and has many ups and downs since that point. Managers, players, owners, directors etc come and go but it is the club that supporters support rather than individuals. I'm sorry, but I really don't see how your support for a club can stop or be put on hold because of an owner you don't like or a manager you don't care for.

Like if your local got a right twonk as a Landlord?

Example: The Black Bull in Fulwood has re-opened after a refurb. The new Landlord has introduced a no standing policy at the bar. The Andertons Arms is now busier as a result. Once the Black Bull Landlord has his common sense reset they will then return to the Black Bull

There are certain things that some people just won't tolerate. There were some rumours a while ago for example that Joey Barton was arriving on loan. A couple of people I know, would have stayed away, if he had signed. You also need to look no further than the situation with Ched Evans. Sponsors and even a local Athlete connected to the club, threatened to pull out, it SUFC had taken him back on. We all love the club, or we wouldn't be on here, but we all have limits and scruples too.

No I can't, I really can't. The club I support was founded in 1875 and has many ups and downs since that point. Managers, players, owners, directors etc come and go but it is the club that supporters support rather than individuals. I'm sorry, but I really don't see how your support for a club can stop or be put on hold because of an owner you don't like or a manager you don't care for.

Probably one of better reasonable reply's to support Rovers, and i somewhat agree to your sentiments. But there are always some who just need an excuse.

There's a difference though between those like me who say I won't buy a season ticket because it no longer represents value for money for me and my husband this year, but who will still be there when we are able to be, and those who have said I won't go again until x happens or y goes.

I was thoroughly bored and frustrated by most of the matches I watched since Christmas but hope springs in the close season even when you sell and don't recruit and I'll still be around, just not necessarily on my season ticket

Example: The Black Bull in Fulwood has re-opened after a refurb. The new Landlord has introduced a no standing policy at the bar. The Andertons Arms is now busier as a result. Once the Black Bull Landlord has his common sense reset they will then return to the Black Bull

The fact that you've compared loyalty to a pub with loyalty to a football club explains a lot ... if you think the two are comparable then no wonder you've abandoned BRFC so easily and boast about it so frequently.

You can change your local Shaun, but you can't change your football club.

I'm not sure where you get boast from Roverzee but it's hardly surprising you are ill informed on that score also given your previous. I am still angry at the club for putting me through the Kean Out era whilst they did nothing :(

The pub analogy is entirely apt in Rovers case as it is with every other business in the world. Rovers are vying for the 'leisure pound' and are finding that some fans are finding better value elsewhere.....at the moment.

I could also compare it to my recent experience with a Twix multipack. I opened it up to find the bars were minuscule and I had been diddled at £1 for 4. So no more Twix for me, they can feck off. \Mess with your customers at your peril

I could also compare it to my recent experience with a Twix multipack. I opened it up to find the bars were minuscule and I had been diddled at £1 for 4. So no more Twix for me, they can feck off. \Mess with your customers at your peril

Why didn't you just look at the product weight on the outer packaging?

I take it you've abandoned the full Mars Group portfolio - Mars, Snickers, M&Ms, Bounty, Maltesers, Celebrations, Milky Way, Galaxy, Skittles, Starburst, Wrigleys Extra, Orbit ... not to mention Uncle Bens rice and Dolmio sauces, and most of the UKs big pet food brands as well?

If so I'm sure your custom will be sorely missed. Just like it is at Rovers and the Dog and Duck.

I'm a fan of Blackburn Rovers. The club. The ones with blue and white shirts with a red rose on it.

Owners come and go, managers come and go, but surely the supporters are always there?...

The 'not coming back until Venkys go' just isn't good enough for me.

Rovers fans are notorious for turning up when things are good, and staying away when things aren't. 28k+ against Liverpool, over half of those stayed in the living room the following week (I'm sure this has been brought up, and the rest).

Of course Venkys takeover turned out horrifically, we've been through, and still are in a very bad patch. I hate them, but even they're supporting the club unlike half of our 'fans'.

Venky issues aside, I've seen and heard Rovers fans that have managed to afford to go in the past blame prices for not attending. We have some of the cheapest season tickets in the country, never mind the league or region. Give up.

It's time for a lot of fans to wake up and realise that the club need to be supported, regardless of how many points we have and who we're playing.

Not turning up because 'Bowyer won't take us further' or 'We're gonna have to watch Brown not Rhodes' is also fickle beyond belief. Get yourselves a nice shiny season ticket at United, at least if they lose a few games the Etihad is only down the road for you. IF we get promoted next year, there'll be a few sheepishly walking through the turnstiles weekly.

... I'm sure Bournemouth fans of 2014 and Burnley fans of 2013 weren't moaning and groaning all summer because they didn't expect to do well?

Financial/Health/Long distance reasons aside.... We don't have a God-given right to be a Premier League team. It's about time that people realised that being a supporter isn't about waiting to jump on glory, but about following the club through thick and thin. In my lifetime as a Rovers fans I'm pretty sure we've done more than any other English football club, the good times really do come with the bad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lack of ambition, I'm not one to sit back and wait for a problem to disappear at all, but I recognise that the club is slowly trying to get out of a bad period. Abstaining won't help the situation at all.

Having a season ticket is a personal choice. There are many viable reasons not to get one. But many of the reasons being discussed are ridiculous. Life is too short to carry on the sought out negativity that seems to be stuck to our fans at the moment... many will be dead before having another good word to say about the club.

Sticking to the point, I'll be renewing because I love Blackburn Rovers, something bigger than any person or people off the pitch.

. Spot on,spoken from a true Rovers supporter,not a part timer..

There's a difference though between those like me who say I won't buy a season ticket because it no longer represents value for money for me and my husband this year, but who will still be there when we are able to be, and those who have said I won't go again until x happens or y goes.

I was thoroughly bored and frustrated by most of the matches I watched since Christmas but hope springs in the close season even when you sell and don't recruit and I'll still be around, just not necessarily on my season ticket

That's the spirit! :D

By the end of July, we'll have to call you abbeyboots. ;)

Blind loyalty can be a dangerous thing.

Blind loyalty can be a dangerous thing.

I've watched the Rovers for 50 odd years so I'm not going to stop now just because of an owner, manager, or whatever. At the end of the day the Rovers are my club, end of story.

I do hope you've been on the Twix messageboard at least three times a day ever since Shaun telling fans of the Twix chocolate bar all about it.

I've watched the Rovers for 50 odd years so I'm not going to stop now just because of an owner, manager, or whatever. At the end of the day the Rovers are my club, end of story.

Fair play to you Parson , I have done 46 but enough is enough !

Who asked you to?

Doubt a billionaire is waiting in the wings to save Rovers. Villa have been for sale for ages with premiership money coming in and a bigger fan-base.

Those staying away by choice and gambling that there will be a better owner who shows up just before we go pop are taking a chance I wouldn't.

Was on the radio earlier theres a consortium wanting to buy Villa for 150m.

Maybe there's hope for us yet?

Why would I eat pet food?

Yes my pounds and many others are sorely missed. Isn't that the point?

Mars is one of the world's largest private companies, the principle family members are billionaires (on paper) many times over. They don't know or care that you exist, or that you can't read packaging. Nobody but you cares about your Twix boycott or your Rovers boycott. Your obsessive need to keep talking about it to complete strangers on here who don't care what you do should be a matter between you and your psychiatrist.

Archived