BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Following on from the early news in terms of sponsor and kit release it seems Rovers have been faster at organising pre-season games.

Away games at Accrington, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Tranmere and a home game against Wigan according to Wheelock.

Yep they've put it on website, Wigan at home a bit of a rubbish game!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not an early start this coming season? I would imagine most big teams will be involved in overseas tournies etc when we kick off.

I wasn't aware of the early start. That might explain why we aren't at least hosting Everton.

• Moderation Lead

I wasn't aware of the early start. That might explain why we aren't at least hosting Everton.

Aye, no World Cup/Euros, but this season goes on really late, FA Cup Final the 30th of May, and the CL Final is in June!

Following on from the early news in terms of sponsor and kit release it seems Rovers have been faster at organising pre-season games.

Away games at Accrington, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Tranmere and a home game against Wigan according to Wheelock.

Gary already setting the bar nice and low.

Only 3 or 4 thousand home fans turned out for the last couple of seasons friendlies v Everton & Stoke so I doubt they'll be expecting many for this anyway. The crowd figure will be undisclosed for this one lol

Not sure what to make of those preseasons. On the one hand from a technical point of view they should all be walks in the park and pointless but as little more than fitness exercises anyway who cares.

Traditionally we seem to play away games then have a big home game curtain raiser. Think we've beaten barca, psv, once played either sociadad or espanol. Last season I was underwhelmed by the fact played Stoke but 3rd division Wigan at home is depressing.

All that being said with pre season being a local affair I know I'll end up going to the vast majority of them except Wigan at home yuck.

Is it not an early start this coming season? I would imagine most big teams will be involved in overseas tournies etc when we kick off.

Both the PL and the FL kick-off on 8th August next season for an early finish before the Euros in 2016.

Its a very similar pre-season programme to the last two years - four or five League One/Two northwest clubs away from home followed by one game at Ewood the week before the season starts. in among there is a week away for warm weather training in Portugal.

The only difference really is that we haven't got a Premier League club coming. I imagine that is more to do with the calendar being so different for Premier League sides rather than football or financial reasons, though given the abysmal turn outs for the Everton and Stoke friendlies in the last couple of years there might be an element of the club not being too bothered about trying to attract a top flight side.

My only concern is that usually clubs have at least one pre-season game against a higher placed side so that they can test themselves pre-season, whereas we will be playing exclusively teams from below us. I would have thought that the club would have wanted at least one game to pit their wits against a top side.

At the end of the day pre season is used to get players up to full fitness, ready for the first day of the season. That's the priority so it'd be petty to dig for a problem from this. Of course it's nice to play a high level side before the season but I doubt it makes any odds over a 48+ game season anyway.

The first game of the season will be down to our mentality and tactical set up etc, not to the fact we played Wigan rather than West Brom the week before.

Wigan our prestigious home friendly FFS shows how far this clubs fell remember pre season against udinese Barcelona and Espanyol.. Now it's a league one side at home week before the season kick off

.Shaw Myers get out the club

Think the pre-season games are a clever move by the club, win all of them and fill us with confidence for the 2016/17 season that we will get out of League 1 at the first attempt :), also chances in one of these of Browney notching his first goal have gone up to average from Ha Ha Ha

Why would anyone pay more for the jw stand when you get the same view from the riverside? Is it a snobbery factor?

1. You don't. The Riverside was built too far back to accommodate that stupid walkway.

2. There are no girders providing obstructions and blocking the view

3. The JW Upper middle provides the best view in the stadium by far.

4. No need in the JW Upper to sit with one hand shading the eyes when the sun shines either. Odd thing this but I see few supporters in the Riverside with the gumption to simply stuff a baseball cap or a Tilley hat in their pockets before games on sunny days.

1. You don't. The Riverside was built too far back to accommodate that stupid walkway.

2. There are no girders providing obstructions and blocking the view

3. The JW Upper middle provides the best view in the stadium by far.

Plus if sat anywhere in the first 10 rows or so (where pillars not an issue) and it rains seem to get wet.

Plus Archaic concourse in riverside.

I'm not sure of the exact figures but think jw is £100 a season more than riverside so at £4-5 extra per game I think is well worth it. But people are creatures of habit and all.

Not sure what to make of those preseasons. On the one hand from a technical point of view they should all be walks in the park and pointless but as little more than fitness exercises anyway who cares.

Traditionally we seem to play away games then have a big home game curtain raiser. Think we've beaten barca, psv, once played either sociadad or espanol. Last season I was underwhelmed by the fact played Stoke but 3rd division Wigan at home is depressing.

All that being said with pre season being a local affair I know I'll end up going to the vast majority of them except Wigan at home yuck.

I rem that Barca game at Ewood.... I don't think we even touched the ball until the 10th minute yet we won 1-0. Wasn't it Hughesy who scored too?

Just as an aside I'm pretty sure that we have never played Barcelona in a competitive match but I know we have played them in a few friendlies etc. I know we have won 2 (home and away) but I don't ever remembering them beating us! Only friendlies of course but even so v Barca a record of P2 W2 D0 L0 would be quite an achievement. Can any statto out there confirm this?

Wigan our prestigious home friendly FFS shows how far this clubs fell remember pre season against udinese Barcelona and Espanyol.. Now it's a league one side at home week before the season kick off

.Shaw Myers get out the club

Also Lazio and Chievo around that time.

Archived