BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

So why didn't the Rovers team performances improve during 2014/15 leaving the supporters disappointed at the lack of progress being made.

Everyone knows the squad do not have the leadership, drive, determination or hunger required. Poor choice of captain. Lacking the collective will to win.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more Al. We have any number of folk who claim to be supporters then add a number of caveats which prevents them from actually supporting the team at Ewood. Heaven only knows what some of this lot would have done in the late sixties and early seventies when the likes of Frank Lord, Terry Shannahan, Gerry Farrell, Alex Russell and any number of similar ilk were the best we could attract and afford at Ewood.[/q

Nothing to do with it PB , the Venkys are too blame for our fall from grace , with the help of a football agent and Kean...

Venkys , are the problem and they must leave before the club can even think of moving forward !

I was there in 68 but wont be there again until these clueless cretins leave ......

So your hatred of Venky's comes before your love and support of Rovers?

So your hatred of Venky's comes before your love and support of Rovers?

Two members of my family, ex season ticket holders. won't go again until they leave. Does that mean they don't have Rovers at heart?

For some people Venky's have overstepped the mark.

I'm a fan of Blackburn Rovers. The club. The ones with blue and white shirts with a red rose on it.

Owners come and go, managers come and go, but surely the supporters are always there?...

The 'not coming back until Venkys go' just isn't good enough for me.

Rovers fans are notorious for turning up when things are good, and staying away when things aren't. 28k+ against Liverpool, over half of those stayed in the living room the following week (I'm sure this has been brought up, and the rest).

Of course Venkys takeover turned out horrifically, we've been through, and still are in a very bad patch. I hate them, but even they're supporting the club unlike half of our 'fans'.

Venky issues aside, I've seen and heard Rovers fans that have managed to afford to go in the past blame prices for not attending. We have some of the cheapest season tickets in the country, never mind the league or region. Give up.

It's time for a lot of fans to wake up and realise that the club need to be supported, regardless of how many points we have and who we're playing.

Not turning up because 'Bowyer won't take us further' or 'We're gonna have to watch Brown not Rhodes' is also fickle beyond belief. Get yourselves a nice shiny season ticket at United, at least if they lose a few games the Etihad is only down the road for you. IF we get promoted next year, there'll be a few sheepishly walking through the turnstiles weekly.

... I'm sure Bournemouth fans of 2014 and Burnley fans of 2013 weren't moaning and groaning all summer because they didn't expect to do well?

Financial/Health/Long distance reasons aside.... We don't have a God-given right to be a Premier League team. It's about time that people realised that being a supporter isn't about waiting to jump on glory, but about following the club through thick and thin. In my lifetime as a Rovers fans I'm pretty sure we've done more than any other English football club, the good times really do come with the bad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lack of ambition, I'm not one to sit back and wait for a problem to disappear at all, but I recognise that the club is slowly trying to get out of a bad period. Abstaining won't help the situation at all.

Having a season ticket is a personal choice. There are many viable reasons not to get one. But many of the reasons being discussed are ridiculous. Life is too short to carry on the sought out negativity that seems to be stuck to our fans at the moment... many will be dead before having another good word to say about the club.

Sticking to the point, I'll be renewing because I love Blackburn Rovers, something bigger than any person or people off the pitch.

I'm a fan of Blackburn Rovers. The club. The ones with blue and white shirts with a red rose on it.

Owners come and go, managers come and go, but surely the supporters are always there?...

Rovers fans are notorious for turning up when things are good, and staying away when things aren't. 28k+ against Liverpool, over half of those stayed in the living room the following week (I'm sure this has been brought up, and the rest).

Of course Venkys takeover turned out horrifically, we've been through, and still are in a very bad patch. I hate them, but even they're supporting the club unlike half of our 'fans'.

Venky issues aside, I've seen and heard Rovers fans that have managed to afford to go in the past blame prices for not attending. We have some of the cheapest season tickets in the country, never mind the league or region. Give up.

It's time for a lot of fans to wake up and realise that the club need to be supported, regardless of how many points we have and who we're playing.

Not turning up because 'Bowyer won't take us further' or 'We're gonna have to watch Brown not Rhodes' is also fickle beyond belief. Get yourselves a nice shiny season ticket at United, at least if they lose a few games the Etihad is only down the road for you. IF we get promoted next year, there'll be a few sheepishly walking through the turnstiles weekly.

... I'm sure Bournemouth fans of 2014 and Burnley fans of 2013 weren't moaning and groaning all summer because they didn't expect to do well?

Financial/Health/Long distance reasons aside.... We don't have a God-given right to be a Premier League team. It's about time that people realised that being a supporter isn't about waiting to jump on glory, but about following the club through thick and thin. In my lifetime as a Rovers fans I'm pretty sure we've done more than any other English football club, the good times really do come with the bad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lack of ambition, I'm not one to sit back and wait for a problem to disappear at all, but I recognise that the club is slowly trying to get out of a bad period. Abstaining won't help the situation at all.

Having a season ticket is a personal choice. There are many viable reasons not to get one. But many of the reasons being discussed are ridiculous. Life is too short to carry on the sought out negativity that seems to be stuck to our fans at the moment... many will be dead before having another good word to say about the club.

Sticking to the point, I'll be renewing because I love Blackburn Rovers, something bigger than any person or people off the pitch.

Another fantastic post.

I also think the price freeze and offer should we get promoted is a tremendous one. Cynics might say it's only because they think there's no chance of promotion but hey ho, you can only take things at face value.

No doubt the "unhappy clappers" might condescend to join us again in the final weeks of next season should we actually be chasing promotion next time round or draw Liverpool or Man Ure in the latter stages of the FA Cup. Obviously lesser Premiership Clubs like Swansea and Stoke aren't enough of a draw.

I dont think those 2 teams concerned were mid table prem with manageable debts ....

Have a look at the situation this morning ?

Venkys have too go .....

No but there wont be a Blackburn Rovers much longer if these idiots continue ......

And yet in the coming season when an unlikely promotion is the only realistic way out of the financial pickle they have put us in - so called fans stay away. It is right to blame the owners for our current predicament - but for some fans to stand self righteously on the side lines while the club falls into the abyss ? I suppose they can console themselves with numerous "I told you so"

Its not about whether or not a few additional thousand fans will make any difference to the debt, because it will obviously be a drop in the ocean.

The fact is that with FFP rules coming into force the club needs every penny it can generate from selling tickets/merchandise to give it the best possible chance of future compliance and competitiveness in the Championship. With our tickets being well below the average Championship price and the club having a well above average wage bill, having healthy gates will make a difference to FFP.

(lets remember that the debt figure is irrelevant in relation to FFP, it is based on losses over a year)

The players and management have also made it clear that it is far better from their point of view to have good crowds on Ewood and a good atmosphere going than be playing infront of 10,000-15,000.

It won't make an ounce of difference to Venkys whether we have 5,000 season ticket holders or 15,000 season ticket holders. So those who are saying they won't be getting one because they want Venkys out need to think about whether they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. If you love Rovers and want to support them yet can't bring yourself to do so because you hate Venkys so much you need to have a long hard think about what difference you really think it is going to make to them. Its about what you value more. Supporting the club you supposedly love and watching football on a Saturday, or making some kind of point towards some people thousands of miles away who are clearly oblivious to our wishes and feelings and who have made it clear in the past that it won't make any difference to them what we think or do. Staying away will just harm our FFP compliance chances and increase the clubs reliance on their money as revenues decrease from supporters.

I've made the choice that this is the club I support, my dad and granddad support, and I will continue to do so regardless of who owns the majority of shares or who picks the team. The fact that the club is offering cheaper tickets than numerous League Two clubs is an added bonus which they should be commended for. Despite decreasing revenues they have continued the good work started by John Williams in offering affordable tickets to the people of a relatively deprived region.

Merchandise, I refuse to spend anything (1 shirt for my lad only) in the shop until venkys go. I buy tickets only and wont even buy a beer ,pint or Bovril in the ground until they go. I used to spend hundreds on stuff as well.

• Moderation Lead

I always thought that mg was the only stooge on here but it appears the venkyscum propaganda machine is in full flow on here recently.

Give over, all I can see is people saying that their love of Rovers trumps any hatred of Venky's.......

I always thought that mg was the only stooge on here but it appears the venkyscum propaganda machine is in full flow on here recently.

TBH I reckon there's a couple of possible venksters on here..

• Backroom

zDo you really think a few thousand season tickets will make much difference to the debt ?

Those idiots in Pune will be laughing ....

I have said this many times ...An empty stadium speaks volumes!

Yes it WILL have an effect albeit indirectly.

We have a core support that is positive-minded in the ground imo. We rarely chant anti-player or anti-management. Usually pro-Rovers.

Now if we sold 15k STs (just a few more) that's around 5,000 more voices to get behind the team and drive them on to the playoffs and promotion.

It'd also mean around £500,000 more in ST income). Add pies, drinks and programmes every week to that and you might be touching £1m or even £2m.

To have nothing to do with Rovers only adds to our debt both monetarily and our relatively lacklustre atmospheres.

TBH I reckon there's a couple of possible venksters on here..

I wish the Venky & club plants would just out themselves, it would probably make debating easier. It would also show that genuine lines of communication are open and we'd at least understand their leanings towards blatant propaganda at times :)

They are entitled to a voice after all I suppose, so use it instead of jumping out of the shadows every now and then and then disappearing for weeks on end during the season everytime we have a bad run !!!

Bradford City have released their season ticket details.. £150 for an adult. Absolutely brilliant.

Well played Bradford, hopefully other clubs will follow suit. :tu:

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-prices-confirmed-2444707.aspx

Bradford have done stuff like this before I seem to remember. Fair play to them but in an area that size they know they'll get a good take up even in that league.

Archived