BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

Someone at Ewood has their head screwed on after all. Whilst it probably won't sway people to return it may potentially sway any waverers and it rewards ST holders..............IF it happens which is extremely doubtful. But we all know that you never know in football. There's always a chance.

Nice :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your going on about season ticket prices you stopped going remember

A 50% rise you really are mad...

I am now convinced that you don't possess the intellect to fully comprehend my posts. If you cannot contribute to a debate in a normal fashion then just don't try. It will save you much embarrassment.

I am now convinced that you don't possess the intellect to fully comprehend my posts. If you cannot contribute to a debate in a normal fashion then just don't try. It will save you much embarrassment.

talking of embarrassing your the one who wants a Lancashire County...or is it United

Oh the irony! How many misread posts?

Personally I think the offer's a good one all round. Good for the fans, mostly because it shows the club is looking upwards rather than down.(Maybe it even implies target or aim of promotion but that's probably stretching things at our club) and IF it happens fans have an exceptional deal.

Good for the club as under the current regime and losing players there is no way we're going up, so it's a safe gesture to make.

I always remember getting the season ticket renewal forms for the 00/01 season, pledging some sort of offer if we didn't at least make the play off's that season.

Now that's a real pledge.

Anyone remember what the offer was?

Sorry blueboy but I was a season ticket holder for years including the two years we were in the first division, I sat through dross week after week but then we had an owner who cared and later in the season we got a man called souness who I could believe in now we have none of those things

So why are you on here if you are no longer a supporter? Goes for more than just you R&O.

Just because I may not buy a season ticket next season would not make me stop supporting rovers. I need to work out when the fixtures are out how many matches I can realistically attend and then decide what is more cost effective for me and my husband. I'll still be there and may have an st but not if it's going to cost more than one off games. Will also be at some away games

To be honest its a win-win situation all round, and I can't see one reason why anyone would complain about the prices or the pledge.

One again we will be getting one of the cheapest deals in the Football League to watch a side that has spent the entirety of the last 2 years in the top 12 positions in the Football League. Many clubs further down the league with far worse fortunes on the pitch will be charging their supporters significantly higher prices to watch a lower level or standard of football.

The pledge is a bonus. It doesn't matter whether or not people think it will be needed. The fact is that we're getting relatively cheap season tickets and in the event we do get promoted then there is a fantastic price for Premier League football at the end of it. If we don't get promoted we've still had Championship football for a low price.

No doubt some people were eagerly anticipating a significant price increase for season tickets so that they could kick off and complain at the club and refuse to buy one next season. Shame. They'll just have to hope that Rhodes and Gestede are sold so that can be used as a reason for not going instead.

There is nothing wrong with the price freeze or the pledge. It's one of the things the club has done right

The clubs intent to back up the pledge is in question JHRover

Unrelated, but I like this gif :)

2MCxE8E.gif

If the club goes under I won't take any comfort from the fact it wasn't my fault.

We may not be able to save the club, but the attendance at the liverpool match shows there may be enough support out there to make a difference. Even if attendances go up by 1000 next season it will show there might be a future for the club. We have shed a lot of big wages in the last two years, so extra income will make more of a difference.

Waiting until Venkys go assumes there will be another rich owner to step in. I would say to fans who are in a position to support that we are needed now. Not to support venkys, but to keep the club alive until it can be saved.

Brilliant! I love that post. I too will be renewing because despite the team not being what it was and the manager not being of a good enough standard I still look forward to match days and I still get a buzz getting into my car to drive to Ewood. I'd love to get rid of Shaw and Myers though not to mention the Venkeys.

I think this coming season, more than any other year, I will be renewing to help support the club as much as because I think I will enjoy the matches.

Have read a few posts on this thread about people not renewing because the product isn't what it was. On other thread people are ranting and raging at venkys again.

I get why people are frustrated. One thing that really irks me is that it will be a struggle to pay the season ticket money this year, and yet that grinning, dopey Shaw will take his 170k for not navigating us around ffp.

The reason I don't rant and rave, and do feel a responsibility as a supporter to buy a season ticket, is that it seems our club is in a very precarious state and needs our support more than ever.

Venkys, shaw, myers, leon best etc will all be gone in time. But if our gates continue to dwindle then jack walker's legacy gets eroded away and we settle in leagues 1 or 2.

I see the fans as custodians of the club, and though it is not any supporter's fault we were screwed over, increased and sustained support is the only way to get Rovers healthy again and avoid it dying on our watch.

That's actually the post I meant to refer to above but they are both meritorious in their own way.

I am still a supporter al, I will always be a rovers supporter but will never ever support venkys or to a lesser extent bowyer, I can't bring myself to sit in a ground where there are sections of Rovers Fans ignorant to what is really going on, when venkys go, I will return and also to add even if i had been offered a free ticket to the Liverpool game (for example) I would still have turned it down, some of you will knock me for this post but its my choice and my view at the end of the day.

I always remember getting the season ticket renewal forms for the 00/01 season, pledging some sort of offer if we didn't at least make the play off's that season.

Now that's a real pledge.

Anyone remember what the offer was?

Didn't they offer 50 quid cash back or something ? There was certainly a definite target set by the directors for the manager back then. About time the thumbscrews get tightened a bit on the manager next season from those above. We might genuinely have a go at it then.

Archived