BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

So with our 'massive' turnover of a meagre £10m tops and a wage bill many times that it had nowt to do with the Walker millions and the massive amount of Premier League media money subbing the kitty then eh? I thought you lived in Bastwell gav but I'm obviously wrong, it seems you've moved to Fantasy Island.

Our situation is precisely why I was against venkys from the off and absolutely appalled when they binned off Allardyce within a few weeks (which may I remind you you were highly delighted about) and followed that with potting John Williams. I knew our Premier League status was sacrosanct and not to be gambled with and imo even back then the club was writing it's own suicide note.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tickets SOLD being key as opposed to the possible existence of huge numbers of 'free' 'Season Tickets' sat on the system whch are then counted in a part of the declared match attendance.

Is there the slighest bit of evidence for this apart from your own fevered imagination? The same one that has sold Rhodes seven times already?

So with our 'massive' turnover of a meagre £10m tops and a wage bill many times that it had nowt to do with the Walker millions and the massive amount of Premier League media money subbing the kitty then eh? I thought you lived in Bastwell gav but I'm obviously wrong, it seems you've moved to Fantasy Island.

You told anyone that would listen that the town couldn't support a top team, when we're sitting pretty in the premiership, we did, we still could with TV money, you're wrong.

You told anyone that would listen that the town couldn't support a top team, when we're sitting pretty in the premiership, we did, we still could with TV money, you're wrong.

Surely the inference is 'the town alone'?

Well we'll see eh? You might as well dream here as in bed. Just don't hold your breath on our returning to the Prem gav.

Surely the inference is 'the town alone'?

He's puddled Stuart. We don't even have the possibility of another Jack Walker now thanks to FFP.

He's puddled Stuart. We don't even have the possibility of another Jack Walker now thanks to FFP.

The only saving grace is - neither do any other Football League clubs! Better to have won the Premier League and never again, than never to have won at all.

It's survival of the fittest now though.

That said, Rovers' lawyers (if we still have any) should be waiting patiently to see what happens to QPR when the re-enter the football league...

Is there the slighest bit of evidence for this apart from your own fevered imagination? The same one that has sold Rhodes seven times already?

It is an embarrassment when the club declares the gate at 13,000+ and there are clearly less than 10,000 present.

I would love to carry out due diligence at Ewood Park.

This is good news for those fans who will want to purchase season tickets.

In reality, the club had nowhere to go and had little option other than to hold prices. Surely, there can't have been too much head scratching and just surprised how long it's taken to get to this stage !

Sadly, it's the product on the field that counts the most and on that score, I can only see a substantial fall in ticket sales.

It's interesting to note that during the 80's it was always rumoured that the club under played gates to save on tax, is that now not an issue?

Cash on the turnstiles back then. Cash for programmes. Cash for lottery tickets. Cash for food and booze. Hard to prove how often those turnstiles clicked.

Good stuff! Pleased with that.

BRFCC:

Prices go down - how are we supposed to compete? It's devalued the product! Spoilt! They still won't turn up anyway.

Prices stay the same - see Mercers post

Prices go up - well that's me done, never again, sick of it, cloud cuckoo land

Well done everyone. Keep right on to the end of the road.

In reality, the club had nowhere to go and had little option other than to hold prices. Surely, there can't have been too much head scratching and just surprised how long it's taken to get to this stage !

Sadly, it's the product on the field that counts the most and on that score, I can only see a substantial fall in ticket sales.

I think it's the right decision from the club. I can't see that a price increase at this stage, on the back of a disappointing season, would have been successful.

I was talking to a friend today about the difference between the end of last season and this. Last season there was cause for cautious optimism. Kean had gone, the club had just missed out on the play-offs - and had made the maths last right up to the final knockings. There was an element of feel-good, of hope, around the club and the walkabout on the last day was well received. This season there is little cause for optimism. We are in debt up to our eyeballs, and will not be able to strengthen over the Summer. We have a manager who has shown that he can't operate on a proper shoestring who extols the virtues of other managers who can.

With the price freeze, it remains affordable, so as long as my lads still want to go, we will. But this may well be the season that other priorities come first - particularly for midweek games. It's a purchase out of habit, out of loyalty, and out of affordability. It is not a purchase out of any expectation, or excitement or hope.

The prices of the season tickets are very cheap and hopeful more fans will buy them.

Rovers till I die.

The prices of the season tickets are very cheap and hopeful more fans will buy them.

Rovers till I die.

They are not "very cheap" - relative to other clubs' pricing they are competitive.

In the JW stand where I usually sit, my tickets would leave me no change out of £2,000.

Tomorrow night, six of us are going to a local theatre to see a production that will last for almost two and a half hours. The total cost of those tickets is £54 - now that's what I call value !

Archived