BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season tickets again!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club is a business and the fans are their customers. There are no circumstances where the demise of a business is the fault of their customers. Their failure to keep their customers happy and engaged is the reason why we'll continue to drift down the leagues while Venkys stay in charge.

But football is unlike any other business - can't imagine people professing to shop at Tesco's until they die :rover:

What is frustrating is fans blaming the Venky's for not attending - and then as soon as we have a half decent FA Cup match they come out of the wood work. Though that is totally their choice - they should be a little less vocal about how much they love Rovers etc etc etc - and be a little more honest about the reasons for them no longer attending.

My attendance is totally reliant on cost, and that is mainly as I have a family to support - not on who the owners are, whether we are doing well or not, whether the football is exciting or not etc. The only time I moved away from this was when Kean was still in a job after relegation - and I didn't renew my season ticket (in a vain attempt to get the owners to do something) - even then I spent more money paying for individual matches for virtually all the home matches that season.

Next season - if I can afford to - I will renew whether Venky's are the owners, GB is in a job or whether we sell our better players during the summer.

But the emotional ties should make it easier to get it right because the customers are willing you to succeed, unlike Tesco where the customers don't care either way as long as they can still get their carrots somewhere. Venkys have got it so wrong that for many people they have broken the emotional ties and until they give people a reason to come back they won't. You can't blame people for that.

Nice story but just a load of tosh. Whilst reading that I'm sure that I could hear the hovis ad music! tbf I've noticed in the LT obituaries that lots of 90 year olds do frequently die.

btw Does this lad still go? If not then in my book it is just a convenient excuse.

At times you're a complete **** gordon, didn't your parents teach you that if you've nothing useful to say, say nothing at all? A few extra smacks up the side of the head wouldn't have gone a miss either.

To answer your question, yes he still goes, Riverside season ticket holder.

You also can't blame people like me who have stuck with it, barring a few weeks till Keans sacking, but are now questioning whether the boredom of watching the matches is worth the price. Wouldn't mean I wouldn't be looking for results and wanting them to win, but do I want to put my money in upfront to watch the same tripe as has been evident most of this season? I don't think I do, not unless something changes between now and the season ticket deadline. I want to be entertained less than I want to win, but I have to feel there is something more than dull tedium and an occasional win to look forward to. I want to see the odd 3 nil win; I can't remember seeing a convincing rovers win at home other than in the cup in recent years. I may have been away on hols on the odd days when we've played more convincingly

But football is unlike any other business - can't imagine people professing to shop at Tesco's until they die :rover:

What is frustrating is fans blaming the Venky's for not attending - and then as soon as we have a half decent FA Cup match they come out of the wood work. Though that is totally their choice - they should be a little less vocal about how much they love Rovers etc etc etc - and be a little more honest about the reasons for them no longer attending.

My attendance is totally reliant on cost, and that is mainly as I have a family to support - not on who the owners are, whether we are doing well or not, whether the football is exciting or not etc. The only time I moved away from this was when Kean was still in a job after relegation - and I didn't renew my season ticket (in a vain attempt to get the owners to do something) - even then I spent more money paying for individual matches for virtually all the home matches that season.

Next season - if I can afford to - I will renew whether Venky's are the owners, GB is in a job or whether we sell our better players during the summer.

There is another side to this "til the day I die" viewpoint though, DMTP. There are I'm sure, quite a lot of fans who see the harm that the owners are doing to the club (both on the field and financially - even possibly putting the existence of the club at great risk) and won't do anything at all to support that.

Who's the real fan in those two scenarios?

The club is a business and the fans are their customers. There are no circumstances where the demise of a business is the fault of their customers. Their failure to keep their customers happy and engaged is the reason why we'll continue to drift down the leagues while Venkys stay in charge.

Going on about whose fault our current situation is, is pointless.

Increased attendances would be good for the club - it would help performances and the increased revenues would allow us to improve the squad.

Right now stay-away fans could help rovers by returning to Ewood. Staying away is their right, but they are doing the club no favours.

Going on about whose fault our current situation is, is pointless.

Increased attendances would be good for the club - it would help performances and the increased revenues would allow us to improve the squad.

Right now stay-away fans could help rovers by returning to Ewood. Staying away is their right, but they are doing the club no favours.

I couldn't disagree more, you should NEVER stop reminding/going on to anyone who will listen just what those idiots in Pune have done to this club. I did the very same yesterday on the train with some Palace fans who started off by blaming us, the fans, for the current state of the club, they sat there in disbelief when I told them we had around 100m of debt hanging round our necks! and what the **** **** and his slimey mate had done during his time here.

As for stay away fans, I don't blame anyone for not attending, the footballs cr@p, the atmospheres terrible, the owners don't care, I'd wager several of the first team squad couldn't careless either, why pay £25 a week to be a part of that?

So to get them back we should @#/? on our own club by walking away?

You know what Jbizzle its no secret I want rid of those idiots in Pune and the best way to get rid of them in my book is to stop going. Under **** I remember 1 gate in particular was absolutely terrible and the following week they came out in the press as a result and promised change.

If they see the numbers fall they'll act in my opinion, but I understand people are wary of them walking away.

• Backroom

Absolutely no basis for either of these claims. Without a proper manager and a decent squad, crowd size is irrelevant. Having tens of thousands of fans didn't stop Newcastle getting relegated.

Oh, and as long as we're losing circa £2m a month even a full Ewood every week would make little difference to our financial plight.

Absolutely no basis for either of these claims. Without a proper manager and a decent squad, crowd size is irrelevant. Having tens of thousands of fans didn't stop Newcastle getting relegated.

Oh, and as long as we're losing circa £2m a month even a full Ewood every week would make little difference to our financial plight.

How can it not make a difference?

You just said we are losing 2m a month, if we had an extra 10,000 people buying £30 tickets 3/4 times a month we'd only be losing half that.

Money and football are intrinsically linked, even more so since the inception of FFP.

• Backroom

How can it not make a difference?

You just said we are losing 2m a month, if we had an extra 10,000 people buying £30 tickets 3/4 times a month we'd only be losing half that.

Money and football are intrinsically linked, even more so since the inception of FFP.

Where are 10,000 extra people coming from? We didn't get those kind of gates in the PL.

Where are 10,000 extra people coming from? We didn't get those kind of gates in the PL.

12,000 for Brighton at home, 28,000 for Liverpool. Granted a few thousand extra away fans but those extras would make a big difference.

As for leeds, do you think they'd still exist if they hasn't been so well supported? Do you have any idea of the debts they where in?

• Backroom

12,000 for Brighton at home, 28,000 for Liverpool. Granted a few thousand extra away fans but those extras would make a big difference.

As for leeds, do you think they'd still exist if they hasn't been so well supported? Do you have any idea of the debts they where in?

I didn't mention Leeds, assume that is directed at ABBEY.

Anyway, let's assume your sums are correct (let's face it, not every fan is paying £30 each!) and we do somehow get an extra 10,000 in every second week for our Championship games. We're still losing at least £1m a month and Bowyer is still in charge. What then?

The irritating thing about this argument is that it attempts to pin blame on the fans, when they're not to blame at all for any of this. It's just a way to shield Venky's and Bowyer from deserved criticism.

I wonder, if we played most matches like we did against Swansea and Stoke, whether crowds would increase? What do you think?

Or should they pay gratefully to watch Bowyer's boring football and help Venky's accrue slightly less debt?

Id guess somewhere around where we are at now between 100-120m . ?

It can work both ways having a pot load of fans turning up every week and being taken for granted. Before Leeds last take over it came out that the then owners had borrowed against several seasons future ST income or something like that. I doubt it had gone back into the club. Dodgy owners will take the @#/? regardless of how many or few turn up.

The players have said themselves on a number of occasions that fan support helps the team. Kilgallon's interview after the Liverpool game being the most recent. So comments from the players saying better support helps them play better is a decent basis for that claim.

You use Newcastle as an example of how support means nothing. Well after their relegation there huge support stuck by them and now they are comfortable in the Premiership - so your example seems a strange one for your point.

And as for questioning the fact that a larger attendance will help us financially - with all things being equal, how can a larger income not help the club financially.

Abbey mentioning Leeds as an example of a club with large support struggling is more useful to the argument that fan support means nothing. But as JBizzle pointed out - it is Leeds' loyal support that has kept the club in existence.

Fans can help the club by attending and supporting - deciding that because of our large debts we shouldn't try is up to you.

It really does seem on here that some posters' hatred for Venky's means they are willing the club to die. Then the witch hunt, and I told you so's can begin with even larger capital letters.

In my opinion every supporter who chooses not to attend matches to spite Venky's is not supporting the club. But if the club goes under at least they will have more fuel for their anger. 'It's not the fans fault, it's venkys' - it's like children in a playground on here sometimes. Bad stuff has happened - assigning blame has no value - the club needs fans pull together to support the club or it fades away.

Your talking garbage... The blame cannot lie with the fans.. As for stay aways your hypocrisy knows no bounds

The blame does not lie with the fans. Even if we packed out Ewood each week the additional revenue would only account for a small part of the turnover.

Read it again and stop jumping to conclusions you two. I said the blame for our fall from grace lay with the owners, but whats done is done and no one can change that, so now we either move forward and support the club or we walk away. If we stay there may be no club, if we walk away there will definitely be no club. Everybody has a choice but 'm not sure that everybody is able to take that on board.

As for calling me a hypocrite athlete I have given my reasons for packing in for two years till I'm blue in the face. I acted then whilst we were in the Prem, maybe if everybody else had done the same we'd still be there. If you haven't grasped it yet then you are intellectually derelict.

Id guess somewhere around where we are at now between 100-120m . ?

Yes but in a world where TV deals where 20m a season not 100m and the average second division player was on 2k a week not 10k.

• Backroom

In my opinion every supporter who chooses not to attend matches to spite Venky's is not supporting the club. But if the club goes under at least they will have more fuel for their anger. 'It's not the fans fault, it's venkys' - it's like children in a playground on here sometimes. Bad stuff has happened - assigning blame has no value - the club needs fans pull together to support the club or it fades away.

BS. Just another attempt to assign blame to the fans for the current situation.

At current debt levels the club dies regardless of how many people attend, should Venky's decide they've had enough.

If you genuinely think thousands of extra people cheering is going to negate Bowyer's awful style of play and the increasingly weakening squad then OK. I can't imagine it will.

Btw, Newcastle got back into the Prem by hiring a decent manager and keeping the majority of their best players - something we won't do, no matter how many fans turn up.

Good comparison.. Almost. Which shop can run at a massive loss year in year out?

I've no idea why but football constantly defies the normal rules of business.

I couldn't disagree more, you should NEVER stop reminding/going on to anyone who will listen just what those idiots in Pune have done to this club. I did the very same yesterday on the train with some Palace fans who started off by blaming us, the fans, for the current state of the club, they sat there in disbelief when I told them we had around 100m of debt hanging round our necks! and what the **** **** and his slimey mate had done during his time here.

As for stay away fans, I don't blame anyone for not attending, the footballs cr@p, the atmospheres terrible, the owners don't care, I'd wager several of the first team squad couldn't careless either, why pay £25 a week to be a part of that?

You know what Jbizzle its no secret I want rid of those idiots in Pune and the best way to get rid of them in my book is to stop going. Under **** I remember 1 gate in particular was absolutely terrible and the following week they came out in the press as a result and promised change.

If they see the numbers fall they'll act in my opinion, but I understand people are wary of them walking away.

It think it might be a good thing if we only sold circa 5,000 ST's, that would put the pressure on Shaw and Bowyer to deliver.

The fans would come if we were doing it on the pitch, rather than them having a captive(pre-paid) audience to a certain extent.

Then again it's the Venksters we are dealing with here, so maybe nothing would change, unlike a normal club where both would

probably be sacked if sales dropped by 50% or more.

Archived