BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to win all our games. Charlton are the worst team we've played this season (and we've already beaten them twice).........so,er...........I'm not gonna even say " .. so y'know what that means" DOH!

We're not gonna get relegated, the shackles are off, nothing to lose, blah blah........exactly the same as last season, Go GG and go Team Blue!

Coming over to see this one at the Valley tomorrow, really looking forward to it. Predict a very difficult match, as Charlton are on a great run at the moment and have a very strong midfield/attack with Vetokele & Watt. We should go for the win and as we've got nothing to lose anymore - I think everyone agrees in the fact that they rather see us go all out at them to get a win, rather than relying on defence and a single goal, or sit back after the first goal.

I think Marshall wil get a rest and Taylor will play in midfield, alongside Spearing, Williamson and Cairney. Rhodes & Rudy upfront. Back four should be Baptiste, Henry, Killa, Spurr.

This won't be easy despite us having a decent record there recently. Changes galore again probably but after 3 in a week it's not surprising. Just hope he doesn't get carried away with being nice to his favs. Around 600 sold so another healthy following.

Charlton 2 Rovers 2

I'm going along to this one. The bar is rubbish and you have to stand about outside as there is not much cover where you can drink. I'm going find somewhere nice at the top and the hill and get in with 5 to go.

Not sure how much they have improved would they were terrible last time, let's hope for a repeat.

I'm going along to this one. The bar is rubbish and you have to stand about outside as there is not much cover where you can drink. I'm going find somewhere nice at the top and the hill and get in with 5 to go.

Not sure how much they have improved would they were terrible last time, let's hope for a repeat.

They have won their last 3 at home and 5 of their last 6 only losing to Derby away.

Hopefully we can end the new managers honeymoon period

Although I'd probably stick with Henley as it's about time he had a real run of games to see if he's up to the job week in week out I do wonder if Henry can play right back. Seems a quick athletic kind of guy. Also Gaz seems to prefer centre halves, midfielders or wingers in there ............

Although Charlton are on a good run, I expect us to win this by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

The pressure is off (like last season when we finished strongly), and we have better players.

Without Hanley, we now look solid in the centre at the back. Cairney has given us some much needed creativity in the middle and Conway, Marshall, Rhodes and Gestede provide us with a real goal threat.

We need to be positive from the off and if we get our noses in front then we need to go for the jugular and kill the game off.

My team:

Eastwood; Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson; Marshall, Cairney, Spearing, Conway; Rhodes, Gestede

Heading to this, expecting a win. For all the talk of their current form and our dismal outlook, they've got even less to play for than we have and the ignominy of having lost to us with a fairly heavily-rotated side in the cup. They looked unbelievably poor that day.

For anyone travelling down and not familiar with the area, Charlton is a hellhole, stop off in swanky Blackheath for pre-match. I'll be grabbing a pizza and some local ales from Zerodegrees, myself , but plenty to offer on the village.

Archived