BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] charlton away

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Henry was excellent against Bolton.

Excellent is stretching it a bit Chaddy. I thought he did well but Heskey bullied him a bit. But this is exactly why Sam loaned him to us, to aid his development. If Simon Church plays for Charlton today I expect a similar approach. As all managers say competition is good and it gives them decisions to make (which is what they are paid for).

Excellent is stretching it a bit Chaddy. I thought he did well but Heskey bullied him a bit. But this is exactly why Sam loaned him to us, to aid his development. If Simon Church plays for Charlton today I expect a similar approach. As all managers say competition is good and it gives them decisions to make (which is what they are paid for).

I was going to say exactly this, I thought he struggled at times against Heskey, who had a good game as far as I'm concerned. Don't think he gave the ball away all game, some of his flick ons and lay offs were top quality.

It's understandable that a rookie would find it tough against an old head like Heskey, especially with him being such a big unit. Henry will certainly have easier games that's for sure.

Bemused with that selection.

Given up trying to work out the logic.

Plays off a remote hope, we need to win virtually all remaining games so the one striker who terrorises and intimidates defences is left on the bench having been 'rested' midweek.

I don't know why we are persisting with Brown :(

Brown was ok against Bolton. In some ways it is better for Gestede - as Brown can be used to soften up the defence prior to a fresh Gestede coming on (in theory of course),

As someone else remarked - amazed that Spearing isn't playing today.

I thought Heskey was useless. spent most of his time on the floor after going down fat too easy and diving

@OneRovers: ROVERS: Steele, Henley, Henry, Baptiste, Spurr, Conway, Williamson ©, Cairney, Marshall, Brown, Rhodes.

abit surprised that Gestede and Spearing aren't starting.

going for 3-1 win today

Archived