BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/sepp-blatter/11918681/Sepp-Blatter-and-Michel-Platini-suspended-by-Fifa.html?fb_ref=Default

There is a timeline at the bottom with a highlights compilation and kickback of the month of the best bits of corruption currently in the public domain....

What is significant is they have clearly very deliberately targeted Platini and so Blatter has fallen on a rather obscure and relatively small payment considering that between $20bn and $50bn has wafted its way through FIFA since he first became President.

Given the Americans are driving this, my guess is they wanted Platini out of the way so they could make the award of the World Cup to Russia vulnerable in the investigations. This is probably Putin's achilles heel in terms of his ability to keep the Russian public quiet.

Whether the goings on at Ewood will be exposed in the aftermath of all this unravelling at FIFA is an open question- I doubt it but it has long been my view that the key to unlocking the Rovers issues will fall out of a much bigger scandal. Kentaro are big enough to be exposed in all this, if they have anything to be exposed..., so some names that are familiar to us may become familiar to a wider audience in the coming months.

They won't move the Russian world cup, too close to the event, and at least a footballing country. Qatar I think will be the one to be changed, although it should go back to a new bidding process. Hopefully with Blatter gone Fifa will move away from its current trend of trying to award to non-traditional footballing countries.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Platini doth protest to much

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34569672

If he doesn't understand that accepting £1.3m for a deal that had no written contract, eleven years after the alleged "work" was done - and just three months after changing his stance from opposing his paymaster, to standing down and urging everyone to back Blatter doesn't look dodgy, then he isn't fit to hold office anywhere.

Not Der Kaiser :(

Now admitting hands in the till

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34643458

FIFA needs winding up and a new governing body forming in the home of football,

At least they know how to do brown envelopes better in this country !

Now admitting hands in the till

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34643458

FIFA needs winding up and a new governing body forming in the home of football,

At least they know how to do brown envelopes better in this country !

At some point these allegations need firming up into charges.

However, given the current situation there needs to be a separation between the chief protagonists and the rest, so at least there is some semblance of an organisation to keep going until a full re-organisation is made.

Breaking news on sky -

@SkyNewsBreak: PA: Suspended #FIFA President #Blatter told TASS news agency there was agreement for 2018 World Cup to go to Russia before vote took place

He did.

These articles will make your blood boil;

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog-fifa/story/2686252/sepp-blatter-russia-2018-agreement-in-place-before-vote

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/fifa/243/post/2686260/sepp-blatter-hits-out-at-platini-plus-england-and-us

His arrogance is astounding.

No surprises that he is spouting to the Russians. They'll do anything to get one over on the USA.

This is beyond parody- especially the last paragraph:

Blatter: There was agreement for World Cup to go to Russia before vote took place

Sepp Blatter has revealed there was an agreement in place for the 2018 World Cup to go to Russia even before the vote took place.

The suspended FIFA president has told Russian news agency TASS that the tournament was always lined up to go to Russia with the 2022 World Cup to be held in the USA - until Michel Platini decided to throw his weight behind Qatar.

Blatter's comments will spark further controversy over World Cup bidding - England, Spain/Portugal and Belgium/Holland spent tens of millions of pounds on bidding against Russia.

Blatter did not expand on who exactly had "agreed" for Russia to be hosts, but claimed the crisis in FIFA had been prompted by England and the USA being "bad losers" as a result of their World Cup bid failures.

Blatter told TASS: "In 2010 we had a discussion of the World Cup and then we went to a double decision. For the World Cups it was agreed that we go to Russia because it's never been in Russia, eastern Europe, and for 2022 we go back to America. And so we will have the World Cup in the two biggest political powers.

"And everything was good until the moment when (French president Nicolas) Sarkozy came in a meeting with the crown prince of Qatar, who is now the ruler of Qatar. And at a lunch afterwards with Mr Platini he said it would be good to go to Qatar. And this has changed all pattern.

"There was an election by secret ballot. Four votes from Europe went away from the USA and so the result was 14 to eight. If you put the four votes, it would have been 12 to 10. If the USA was given the World Cup, we would only speak about the wonderful World Cup 2018 in Russia and we would not speak about any problems at FIFA."

Blatter, who is facing criminal proceedings in relation to a £1.3million payment made to Platini in 2011 and over TV rights deals sold to Jack Warner, said there was no possibility that Russia would lose the World Cup.

He added: "No, you will never lose the World Cup. It has been anchored in FIFA. There will be no change in the World Cup."

Asked about English criticism, Blatter replied: "Bad losers. In Great Britain they have made this beautiful game, they have introduced fair play. But there was only one vote going for England. They were eliminated in the first round. Nobody wanted to have England."

Blatter said the FIFA ethics committee decision to provisionally suspend himself and Platini and secretary general Jerome Valcke was "total nonsense".

He added: "This is not justice. I put these people into the office, where they are now in the ethics committee and they don't even have the courage to listen to the secretary general, Platini or me. I called them for the principles of the human rights: before to be suspended or excluded from somewhere you have the right to answer and they have denied this. They made a summary investigation and three days later I was suspended."

Blatter: There was agreement for World Cup to go to Russia before vote took place

Good job there was a vote then. Is Blatter now working for Rovers in the press department?

Apparently our Swiss office has been closed

I kind of have sympathy with Blatter.

FIFA have a primary role to promote and grow the game globally.

For sure this cant happen if the world cup alternates between Brazil and Europe. It is surely why it was held in the USA.

To engage the vast populations of this world, the tourament must surely tour the world.

Russia are an obvious choice.

China will certainly be soon.

The middle east is such a politically difficult region that Qatar were probably chosen from a small number of viable possibilities.

Probably the whole idea of voting for the next venue is outdated and in conflict with the FIFA vision of promoting the modern game in the modern world.

I would expect they already have a list of where the world cup ideally should be held for the next 20 years. Its called planning.

I kind of have sympathy with Blatter.

FIFA have a primary role to promote and grow the game globally.

For sure this cant happen if the world cup alternates between Brazil and Europe. It is surely why it was held in the USA.

To engage the vast populations of this world, the tourament must surely tour the world.

Russia are an obvious choice.

China will certainly be soon.

The middle east is such a politically difficult region that Qatar were probably chosen from a small number of viable possibilities.

Probably the whole idea of voting for the next venue is outdated and in conflict with the FIFA vision of promoting the modern game in the modern world.

I would expect they already have a list of where the world cup ideally should be held for the next 20 years. Its called planning.

Unfortunately their "vision" is confined to who produces the most brown envelopes, its called corruption

Archived