BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Imagine the anger you would be feeling if you were one of those from the Irish squad. Missing out on a World Cup is absolutely priceless.

Sh*t happens. Referees make mistakes.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine the anger you would be feeling if you were one of those from the Irish squad. Missing out on a World Cup is absolutely priceless.

That always upset me, I can remember where I was and then to top that off, France had a disastrous World Cup. I don't totally fault them, that is part of the game. But still, maybe we will finally get some better referees or cameras or more oversight.

Mebbe, FIFA-ball has it's share of cheating, I don't want to get too over the top on it, diving and the like. IF the WCs got bribed to be in these places though, that's bad.

You are right it does, why then offer money to stop action being taken

We only have the FAI's word for that.

Too much righteous indignation about that handball incident. As Roy Keane rightly said at the time, Ireland won a qualifier against Georgia thanks to a ridiculous penalty decision. In the interests of fair play, should that match have been replayed?

We only have the FAI's word for that.

Too much righteous indignation about that handball incident. As Roy Keane rightly said at the time, Ireland won a qualifier against Georgia thanks to a ridiculous penalty decision. In the interests of fair play, should that match have been replayed?

Not from me, referees make mistakes, to late after the game has finished in most cases.

I have never heard of some one being paid not to question the mistake before though

I have never heard of some one being paid not to question the mistake before though

It's certainly curious, yoda. No argument there.

I honestly wouldn't expect the FAI to find their ass with both hands, let alone uncover a match-fixing scandal. Nothing would've happened had it gone to court.

Blatter the target?

Blatter's always been the primary target imo and there's probably plenty of evidence around to charge him already. However imo he's only not been arrested or charged yet because the FBI probably seek to increase that evidence from the people that they already have arrested in a plea bargaining exercise. It should be enough to make the charges against Blatter irrefutable. I said last week that he is a dead man walking and I see no reason to alter my opinions.

If Blatter has resigned, how can he be 'helping FIFA with reforms'? Makes no damn sense!

Because in FIFA speak , reforms means paper shredding an hard disk destruction :) and whose the best man to help FIFA bring about these "reforms" ? the man who knows where the bodies are buried , plus he can not leave his post until the election apparently.

If Blatter has resigned, how can he be 'helping FIFA with reforms'? Makes no damn sense!

Can't believe the confederations are standing for that. When he said he was resigning, he should have gone. FIFA has big problems, not the least of which is that many of the members are open to corruption themselves. Someone commented on TV the other day that it's going to take the likes of Kofi Annan to restructure FIFA.

Shredding machines working overtime perhaps

Because in FIFA speak , reforms means paper shredding an hard disk destruction :) and whose the best man to help FIFA bring about these "reforms" ? the man who knows where the bodies are buried , plus he can not leave his post until the election apparently.

Sorry skipped over this, agree 100 %

Can't believe the confederations are standing for that. When he said he was resigning, he should have gone. FIFA has big problems, not the least of which is that many of the members are open to corruption themselves. Someone commented on TV the other day that it's going to take the likes of Kofi Annan to restructure FIFA.

I think Seb Coe would be ideal

Article written by Nick Harris

FIFA’s secret 2026 TV rights giveaway to US network Fox opens legal minefield for other nations while every World Cup since 1998 becomes subject of corruption inquiries

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3113805/FIFA-s-2026-TV-rights-giveaway-network-Fox-opens-legal-minefield-nations-World-Cup-1998-subject-corruption-inquiries.html#ixzz3cMDeD5uO

Blatter's staged 'stepping down in the next year' is starting to look more and more stupid. He should have gone immediately and if he has any say in who his successor is then it undermines any perception that FIFA has cleaned itself up.

Blatter's staged 'stepping down in the next year' is starting to look more and more stupid. He should have gone immediately and if he has any say in who his successor is then it undermines any perception that FIFA has cleaned itself up.

That man is the true definition of "Teflon Shoulders"..

Surely the same problems re:intense summer heat would have occurred in Morocco? At least the WC in South Africa was played in winter temperatures.

Suppose it depends where/when the games are played. Evening games would be safe and the coastal area is a Mediterranean climate so not too dissimilar to Southern Spain. A tropical climate compared to the subtropical desert climate in Qatar. Yes, it would be hot in Morocco but a completely different ballgame to Qatar.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/06/said-and-done-farewell-sepp-blatter

Blatter's hypocrisy laid bare. Number 18 has it about right.

no 18 is brilliant "Accepts a national merit award from South Africa, hours after the South African presidency’s official website mistakenly copies a vandalised Wikipedia entry and pays tribute to “Joseph Sepp Bellend Blatter”: - “I am touched by this honour. I am overcome by emotions.”

Oldest trick in the game- Blatter resigned but has not gone.

He is in control until he decides in effect.

Archived