BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

There has been talk of UEFA boycotting a World Cup. Blatter has dismissed it (UEFA needs FIFA and FIFA needs UEFA apparently) but that's what it's going to take.

Make it clear there is a vote of no-confidence in Blatter's leadership and create a new European competition for as long as he is in charge.

That is what it'd take, but I have serious doubts about whether it's going to happen. It's highly unlikely all UEFA members are squeaky clean, after all. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if various European footballing authorities considered it in their best interests for Blatter to remain in power.

If this issue was confined purely to FIFA, I think UEFA would have done something about it by now, beyond meaningless cries of indignation.

The English FA through the actions and talk by Gill and Dykes have made their position quite clear.

It's now up to UEFA to support - if UEFA pulls out of FIFA that is the end of FIFA.

That's from a footballing aspect............imo the USA have the goods on Splatter and are biding time.

• Backroom

The English FA through the actions and talk by Gill and Dykes have made their position quite clear.

It's now up to UEFA to support - if UEFA pulls out of FIFA that is the end of FIFA.

That's from a footballing aspect............imo the USA have the goods on Splatter and are biding time.

English FA, yeah. But didn't the Spanish and French FA vote for Blatter in the elections?

And there may well be another round of indictments.

English FA, yeah. But didn't the Spanish and French FA vote for Blatter in the elections?

Actually, it is suppose to be a private vote but if one searches the news, I think Platini was against Blatter's reelection. I even saw Figo in the news about this. It is a private vote but I think because of something, France may have ended up supporting, maybe on the 2nd vote and Spain did support it. There is some sort of map that shows this, I looked all over but could not find it.

Anyway, to repeat, the vote is suppose to be private, I believe Africa supported Blatter in unison, we did get that much info.

Why not? Whose to stop us? More importantly, if no one else is doing it, why would anyone want to stop us?

I've long advocated where there is evil in the world, someone needs to step up. And if not us, who?

Dropping 10,000 Marines into Rwanda or Darfur when genocide is going on would have been the right thing to do. And it would have been a good training exercise.

Generally speaking I would say America plays a very positive role in world politics and has done since independence. But let us be honest here. Attempts by America to play the role of world policeman (with UK support so this is a criticism for us as much as you) since the 80s have been terrible failures. Afghanistan and Iraq were totally shambolic and have left those countries less secure rather than more secure. Same goes in Syria. Same goes across the whole of the middle east.

The formbook suggests that dropping "10,000 marines" into Darfur or Rwanda "for a training exercise" (a terribly flippant way to describe preventing genocide) would have been fraught with problems and while it may have worked it may well have not. Seeing how the US (and all Western nations) have struggled to be effective in foreign cultures split by civil war I suspect the latter.

America does many things very well, but military intervention in the last 40 years from Contra to Syria has not been one of them. Don't delude yourself. Its an abysmal record.

As for this, thankfully, more white collar intervention I'm all for it. Globally we clearly lack the framework to handle international organisations. We desperately need to sort it out. Unfortunately worries about sovreignty and the thankless task of aligning 150+ nations on the form and nature of international powers impede mature conversations about regulation.

Until that point there are two bodies of sufficient reach to investigate this sort of thing - the US and the EU.

I would like to know why the EU has done so little to open up FIFA.

Blatter and his cronies just remind me of the Mafia. Smartly dressed, in control of huge finances - everybody knows/suspects what they're up to but could never tie them down.

Personally, I'm hoping that this time they're all brought tumbling down. FIFA needs to reinvent itself as a truly democratic, open and responsible organisation. we'll see.

Blimey, you wouldn't think we're only talking about football.

Blatter's daughter interview

Asked whether she thought there was a conspiracy against Mr Blatter - who won re-election as head of world football's governing body on Friday despite the current crisis - Corinne Blatter said: "I wouldn't say from the Americans and the British, but certainly people working behind the scenes, yes absolutely."

She added: "I don't know if you want to call them dark forces but I mean they really tried hard, they tried in September, October last year. How can Uefa who is saying 'we are the strongest confederation', how can they not put up a candidate?"

Obviously she has met him who cannot be named

Good article int Observer today. Twatter has made much of courting the Africans, money no object, they love him. He probably voted for the USA in 22 knowing Qatar had it in the bag so he looked good. Alibi, he's savvy. He's also isolated UEFA. France, Spain & Russia all voted for him. When that happens we will all trap up in racist Putinville 2018 and tow the sad line, and play 1970's banana skin politics as all the non-white players are vilified as FIFA looks on in astonishment.

Rotten to the core.

Another shoe drops, if what the NY Times printed and I think this story just broke, a big deal.

Top FIFA deputy Jerome Valcke behind $10 million in payments - report

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2476058/fifa-official-jerome-valcke-responsible-for-$10m-payoff

U.S. authorities say FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke allegedly made $10 million in payments at the centre of the scandal sweeping through world football's governing body, according to the New York Times.

And the ESPN ticker was saying, this executive made this money so that the World Cup would be in South Africa.

The indictment said the payments to Warner were in exchange for votes for South Africa to host the 2010 World Cup. But when South Africa's football federation were unable to pay the bribe, FIFA delivered the amount to Warner instead. South African officials have denied these claims.

I enjoy the World Cup but I think it can be overblown, 2014 was good except for a few breaks for Brazil imho, 2010 so-so.

There is only him and one other on the podium!

If he is standing down it will be an attempt to get protection from prosecution from the FBI

It's a shoe in for Degsy or coco

No surprise. Cuff him!

His position was increasingly untenable by the day. Sponsors / FBI / UEFA and the worlds press are pretty formidable opponents. He should have done this last week, the election farce should have been put off long enough for a number of suitable candidates to throw their names into the hat.

However............ Ding dong the witch is dead....

No surprise. His position was increasingly untenable by the day. Sponsors / FBI / UEFA and the worlds press are pretty formidable opponents. He should have done this last week, the election farce should have been put off and a number of candidates might have thrown their names into the hat.

However............ Ding dong the witch is dead....

Expect a few more heads in the coming days as well I think

Archived