BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Surprisingly to me, the strongest federation is Africa. UEFA has less than one third of the total members.

Will the other federations (who have no doubt benefitted from this "allegedly" corrupt regime) find the will to cut off the hand that feeds them?

Look at the link Gord posted and scroll down.

which link pal , theres loads.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Septic Blatter needs to be removed (but he’ll survive, he always does) but the corruption runs far deeper than him. All the confederations (with the possible exception of UEFA) have been on the “take” for years, the money that was given to them for football development has ended up in the bank accounts of certain individuals.

The whole system is totally corrupt and the only way that true reform can take place is the total dissolving of all FIFA committees and positions, then the whole thing is rebuilt from ground up with checks and balances but in to try and stop this systematic corruption.

Unfortunately this will not happen, any convictions for the alleged fraud could take years and years, so this “crisis” will eventually blow over and it will be business as usual for FIFA. I hope I am wrong and this leads to real change but I fear that it won’t.

• Backroom

Of course Septic Blatter needs to be removed (but he’ll survive, he always does) but the corruption runs far deeper than him. All the confederations (with the possible exception of UEFA) have been on the “take” for years, the money that was given to them for football development has ended up in the bank accounts of certain individuals.

The whole system is totally corrupt and the only way that true reform can take place is the total dissolving of all FIFA committees and positions, then the whole thing is rebuilt from ground up with checks and balances but in to try and stop this systematic corruption.

Unfortunately this will not happen, any convictions for the alleged fraud could take years and years, so this “crisis” will eventually blow over and it will be business as usual for FIFA. I hope I am wrong and this leads to real change but I fear that it won’t.

The American authorities are going in pretty hard on FIFA - if this drags on for years then it increases the risk of big sponsors pulling out, not wanting their brands associated with a tarnished image. The fact there are so many within the game itself massively critical of FIFA - UEFA included - could also be a big problem for them.

That said, if UEFA feel so strongly about it, they should move to boycott FIFA as best they can. Can FIFA realistically function without UEFA and its members?

That said, if UEFA feel so strongly about it, they should move to boycott FIFA as best they can. Can FIFA realistically function without UEFA and its members?

If UEAF boycotted the World Cup, that would make a difference.

Bribes and backhanders take place in every walk of life, people dodge paying tax, people get jobs because of who they know etc. The biggest scandal by far in Qatar getting the WC is that hundreds of constructions workers are being paid a pittance for working hours on end in miserable conditions. That is the issue that should be uppermost in the authorities mind about who got the WC.

UEFA have the power to bring down FIFA, if they boycotted the world cup that would seriously damage FIFA.

The other one that could actually bring down both FIFA and UEFA is the European Club’s Association. It represents that top 100 European Clubs and if they decided to breakaway and setup their own competition that would bring down FIFA/UEFA. Who would want to take part in a world cup without the best players or Champions League which doesn’t feature the elite of European Football? They could in theory setup their own leagues and have their own world cup as they would pretty much have all the top players participating in their competition. Personally this is the way I can see things heading if real reform doesn’t take place.

Bribes and backhanders take place in every walk of life, people dodge paying tax, people get jobs because of who they know etc. The biggest scandal by far in Qatar getting the WC is that hundreds of constructions workers are being paid a pittance for working hours on end in miserable conditions. That is the issue that should be uppermost in the authorities mind about who got the WC.

• Moderation Lead

It seems to be the keenest anyone has ever been to cleaning up FIFA, but whether anything is done eventually is another matter.

Qatar and Russia getting World Cups were an absolute joke, and were obviously down to officials being bribed. Qatar with absolutely no footballing tradition, but lots of oil money.

Russia with their long history of racism in European matches which nothing has ever really been done about, and recent issues as alluded to above made a mockery of the whole process.

Nice to See Football Federation Australia's favourite Charity Jack Warner has turned himself in, wonder if Mrs Warner will give her necklace back that the FFA bought her

Corruption goes back 24 years say US Attorney General (contains a good video from the press conference)

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2468775/fifa-corrupt-over-24-years-says-us-department-of-justice

ESPN E60 Reports on blatter (video in a few parts about an hour long)

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/4/video/2469682/e60-reports-with-jeremy-schaap-sepp-blatter-and-fifa-part-1

Thanks. Those videos are amazing.

If you deal in US Dollars then you are considered as dealing within/via the USA - Putnin can do one - and as for 'acting outside their juristiction' well Putnin is an expert on that.

Personally I expect Russia to retain their WC Final hosting and for Qatar to have the major problem. I hope Qatar loses something that they should never have got in the first place.

Blatter and his cronies just remind me of the Mafia. Smartly dressed, in control of huge finances - everybody knows/suspects what they're up to but could never tie them down.

Personally, I'm hoping that this time they're all brought tumbling down. FIFA needs to reinvent itself as a truly democratic, open and responsible organisation. we'll see.

Blimey, you wouldn't think we're only talking about football.

• Backroom

Blimey, you wouldn't think we're only talking about football.

This goes far beyond football den. As far as hosting a world cup goes, you're looking at these men influencing the economies of entire nations through their decisions.

sky say Blazer has an apartment in Manhattan which he pays $18000 a month .

Makes me laugh listening to the FA mouthing off about Blatter et al, yet nowt done over certain agents and owners. Two faced twerps.

sky say Blazer has an apartment in Manhattan which he pays $18000 a month .

Makes me laugh listening to the FA mouthing off about Blatter et al, yet nowt done over certain agents and owners. Two faced twerps.

or Former business partners based in Switzerland

Good morning all.

I much appreciate the many private messages of concern regarding my recent demise. To quote Mark Twain, reports of my death are exaggerated....

Jaoa Havelange fell over his relationship to his, oops, FIFA's principal marketing contractor. The company which featured in the same roll five years go which became a household name around Blackburn had the good sense to liquidate itself but there might be a parallel. There are articles in America which are suggesting a role for an un-named FIFA principal marketing company. http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8665577/fifa-arrests-indictmentand http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8674383/fifa-corruption-criminal-indictment. Vox not the most reliable of sources but every newshound in the UK is sitting on bulging files of everything you fear "might be true about football but you really wish it were still a sporting contest and would rather not know", waiting for an excuse to publish which the 14 arrest warrants in Switzerland might just be enough to get some of it past the in house legal advisors. If Blatter gets himself re-crowned, the Sundays will be in intense competition to see who dares expose the most. The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times have every excuse to join in because of American interest in the Feds and are not as vulnerable to the lawyers of he who cannot be named.

The New York Times ran a story about Blackburn Rovers in 2011 which pointed things out which UK papers would never print.

There also has probably been time for the Guardian to have read those 2.5m British Virgin Islands emails they got their hands on by now.

Might be an uncomfortable time in Brunei as I always suspected that a major football scandal breaking which has nothing to do with Rovers could have unexpected consequences.

Rovers of course are now such small beer and are neatly parked away with a transfer ban meaning we will be lucky not to follow the fates of Wigan and Blackpool next season. However, expunging Rovers' record from our Premier League relegation season sends that year's title across Manchester from City to United and that might start rankling enough influential Mancs.

As I say, unexpected consequences, but an unravelling of FIFA which even the most doubting reader must concede might happen following these 14 arrest warrants which will have been selected with a long chess game in mind (would you want your liberty dependent on Jack Warner not plea bargaining???) takes the top off the pyramid which all things good and bad are working within....

The losing bidders for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will be consulting their learned friends for sure and if anyone looks at the ranking of Russia and Qatar in the world corruption lists..... This is the Financial Times' headline which came into my inbox as I typed that last sentence: Sponsors step up pressure on Fifa- Football body’s partners voice concerns after launch of graft probes

Cheerio.

Good to see you back, matey!

Once the sponsors start hitching their wagons, the unravelling will accelerate.

Beckham and Prince William courted Jack Warner for months to secure his vote for the world cup over here in 2022, now we know despite his assurances to vote for UK he decided to vote against us.

Just another example of far to much money in football, only this time its in the pockets of people that in most cases have never kicked a ball.

Warner also "encouraged" England to go to Trinidad for a pointless friendly if I recall. Part of me wants Warner to turn canary, part of me doesn't as he'll no doubt get lesser time for cooperation. His 2 sons have already pleaded guilty, he posts $2.5m bond, something's not right.

For all you Chuck Blazer fans out there here is an article from last year detailing his escapades; http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/soccer-rat-ex-u-s-soccer-exec-chuck-blazer-fbi-informant-article-1.1995761

Are there any good honest people in uefa, fifa, f.a., FL? they're all as bad as each other in their own ways, you only need to look at what they allowed to blatantly happen to our club by Anderson and the rest of his cronies as proof of that.

Sports marketing agencies look to be a key part in the investigation. Some retribution could finally happen for Rovers. Hopefully they will follow the money and get to the bottom of 'the agencies' links with our owners.

Archived