BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be even more fair the UN would never look into allegations of bribery in sport. Not what it was set up for.

However, the US cannot simply step in whenever there is a problem anywhere in the world.

That's my point. Good luck to them with this one though!

However, what the hell were our authorites doing? Collecting parking and speeding fines is only one part of law enforcement!

After this is all over there needs to be an investigation as to the failure of Fifa to police itself and why it took the US to blow the whistle.

• Backroom

To be even more fair the UN would never look into allegations of bribery in sport. Not what it was set up for.

However, the US cannot simply step in whenever there is a problem anywhere in the world.

However, what the hell were our authorites doing? Collecting parking and speeding fines is only one part of law enforcement!

The US are investigating because dealings were going through US banks. it's well within their jurisdiction. They wouldn't care otherwise, it's not like FIFA has any oil reserves they can use.

To be fair, the UN are useless. If it had been left up to them nothing would ever have happened.

Indeed and the EU more so. It's not like they haven't had plenty of time to sort it. Thank goodness the dodgepots traded in $ is what I say. If they'd traded in euros I'm pretty sure nothing would have happened.

Why not? Whose to stop us? More importantly, if no one else is doing it, why would anyone want to stop us?

I've long advocated where there is evil in the world, someone needs to step up. And if not us, who?

Dropping 10,000 Marines into Rwanda or Darfur when genocide is going on would have been the right thing to do. And it would have been a good training exercise.

And when FIFA is selling world soccer (which includes the USA, last I checked) down the river, then if Europe won't step in why shouldn't we?

I hope to see Blatter and a bunch of other corruptocrats in dock in NYC, followed by long prison sentences.

After this is all over there needs to be an investigation as to the failure of Fifa to police itself and why it took the US to blow the whistle.

I agree with you for once, Jim. The failure to act over decades is a disgrace.

What about Interpol? Couldn't they have done something?

The US are investigating because dealings were going through US banks. it's well within their jurisdiction. They wouldn't care otherwise, it's not like FIFA has any oil reserves they can use.

I think that's the basis of our claim for jurisdiction, and I think it's perfectly legitimate.

And the oil criticism is possibly justified.

we have been hearing this for decades,

in America its seen as a kids sport(mainly played by primary school age girls it seems) from what I can see, They have their own major sports and that's that, they simply don't need another one,

they had the world cup in 94' and even that didn't turn them onto the game.

I know our league is small and not as developed as the UK's, yet, but it is growing. Here's the MLS attendance statistics. http://mlsattendance.blogspot.com/

On average, attendance increased over 6% over the last year.

And while it is anecdotal, the largest local youth league is soccer in my town. More than half the kids play year round, including my own.

So the seeds planted in 1994 may have taken some time to sprout, but they're growing.

I don't think we're too many World Cups away from the USA taking the trophy.

In regards to your first answer, I think America needs to get its own house in order before medalling in international affairs, there's places in America where tax paying citizens are virtually at war with the blatantly and unapologetically prejudice police force and then on the other hand you have a president that was only got the gig because he's black(kinda) it seems a seriously unsettled and mixed up place over there from my perspective.

I am sure there are no suspicious goings on at the FA but isn't the time right to check them out? Money in brown envelopes and bank accounts opened in the name of a pet dog, not to mention, Agents running football clubs would be an interesting slant.

FIFA corruption may be on a grander scale, but I do worry about things close to home, in fact very close to home!

Why not? Whose to stop us? More importantly, if no one else is doing it, why would anyone want to stop us?

I've long advocated where there is evil in the world, someone needs to step up. And if not us, who?

Dropping 10,000 Marines into Rwanda or Darfur when genocide is going on would have been the right thing to do. And it would have been a good training exercise.

And when FIFA is selling world soccer (which includes the USA, last I checked) down the river, then if Europe won't step in why shouldn't we?

I hope to see Blatter and a bunch of other corruptocrats in dock in NYC, followed by long prison sentences.

I agree with you for once, Jim. The failure to act over decades is a disgrace.

What about Interpol? Couldn't they have done something?

I think that's the basis of our claim for jurisdiction, and I think it's perfectly legitimate.

And the oil criticism is possibly justified.

I know our league is small and not as developed as the UK's, yet, but it is growing. Here's the MLS attendance statistics. http://mlsattendance.blogspot.com/

On average, attendance increased over 6% over the last year.

And while it is anecdotal, the largest local youth league is soccer in my town. More than half the kids play year round, including my own.

So the seeds planted in 1994 may have taken some time to sprout, but they're growing.

I don't think we're too many World Cups away from the USA taking the trophy.

Sorry to go off thread but............Whose to stop us?

I'm not usually anti USA but those 4 words are feckin scary and why you lot are Septics in many peoples view. This from the country responsible for most of the world's historical financial crises.

I would agree that the USA are well placed to investigate corruption in financial matters - you've been responsible for most of the @#/? that's happened in Banking etc etc etc etc. Oh and who Polices the gun carrying Policemen?

Good training exercise in Rawanda or Dafur...........OMG............Sweet Jesus

Again apologies for going off thread.

Exactly Jim, it is because of these failings Blatter should have fallen on his sword.

In regards to your first answer, I think America needs to get its own house in order before medalling in international affairs, there's places in America where tax paying citizens are virtually at war with the blatantly and unapologetically prejudice police force and then on the other hand you have a president that was only got the gig because he's black(kinda) it seems a seriously unsettled and mixed up place over there from my perspective.

and you call me a drama queen

They raided the FIFA offices in Miami Beach, USA.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/nike-tied-to-fifa-corruption-scandal-engulfing-miami-based-company-7647924

Could Nike be involved?

-------

I also caught some idle talk about setting up a competing trophy cup.

FIFA has run roughshod for long enough, that was disgraceful how England was treated in South Africa and the bidding for the '18 and '22 Cups left a lot of questions.

A lot is going on, it's a bit complex.

The political worry is that the USA increasingly sees itself as the world's policeman. No need for the UN then!

I am pleased to see FIFA held to account at last but am concerned about the longer-term ramifications.

The USA has been the world's policeman since the second world war ended

Seems the spotlight is turning toward the involvement of some British banks.

Shock horror... There are many bankers that should already be in jail. I look forward to a time when there strong and safe alternative currencies and bankings systems.

133 votes for more back handers and corruption, must sense more opportunities available to pocket cash now that the bigger players have been arrested.

If those against Blatter are so committed why not just walk out so the 2nd vote can not go ahead

Of course Blatter was always going to win. If Ali had won then there'd be a chance that these cretins would have been outed for their corrupt dealings. But nope, keep that slug at the helm to ensure that corruption can continue under his watch, as it always has.

Blatter stays - well at least he's visible................

Come on UEFA - take Europe out of FIFA (ex Russia of course) and set-up FIFA 2. The rest will follow.

One country one vote - Democracy at its best.....except when its blatantly corrupt

Archived