BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

There are rumblings that Chuck Blazer's testimony could be unsealed today. It should make for some juicy reading.

I mentioned this article last year but it got lost in the server explosion. It's a decent chronicle on uncle Chuck's outlandish lifestyle; http://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/the-rise-and-fall-of-chuck-blazer-the-man-who-built-and-bilk#.dtVEERKjMn

This article on Andrew Jennings, exposer-in-chief from the Washington Post is refreshing too; http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/03/how-a-curmudgeonly-old-reporter-exposed-the-fifa-scandal-that-toppled-sepp-blatter/?postshare=1651433336369627

Jennings two ebooks about FIFA and Septic are available from his website priced at a fiver each, well worth a read. http://www.transparencybooks.com/

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I have not read through the whole thread but there are many others besides Jennings digging.

For those having a go at Glen et al, please note that action is happening more than ten years after Jennings made his first significant break throughs.

When we met Richard Scudamore, I asked him whether it was healthy for the Premier League that the Qataris know what they know and if that might make the PL and FA very vulnerable to undue influence at some point in the future. Scudamore answered to the effect that it was inconceivable that the friendship with Qatar would give rise to such a problem.

Well now we are faced with Qatar seriously facing the possibilty of losing the 2022 World Cup and England as a potential stop gap replacement host.... That said, I suspect it will be easier to take the World Cup off the Russians in 2018 given the geopolitical situation.

Sorry I have not read through the whole thread but there are many others besides Jennings digging.

For those having a go at Glen et al, please note that action is happening more than ten years after Jennings made his first significant break throughs.

When we met Richard Scudamore, I asked him whether it was healthy for the Premier League that the Qataris know what they know and if that might make the PL and FA very vulnerable to undue influence at some point in the future. Scudamore answered to the effect that it was inconceivable that the friendship with Qatar would give rise to such a problem.

Well now we are faced with Qatar seriously facing the possibilty of losing the 2022 World Cup and England as a potential stop gap replacement host.... That said, I suspect it will be easier to take the World Cup off the Russians in 2018 given the geopolitical situation.

What did they know ?

Chuck Blazers testimony saying that FIFA execs took bribes for the France 98 world cup as well as SA 2010

Auditors KPMG coming under the spotlight as well http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fifa-auditor-kpmg-missed-scandal-but-stays-out-of-spotlight-2015-06-03

Lets hope the Preston branch are a bit more eagle eyed after Venky's switch to them in 2011

Join in the FIFA fun :)

http://www.blattr.co.uk/

Chuck Blazers testimony saying that FIFA execs took bribes for the France 98 world cup as well as SA 2010

beat me to it lol

"Former Fifa official Chuck Blazer admits accepting bribes for France and South Africa World Cups in New York court"

game over

Auditors KPMG coming under the spotlight as well http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fifa-auditor-kpmg-missed-scandal-but-stays-out-of-spotlight-2015-06-03

Lets hope the Preston branch are a bit more eagle eyed after Venky's switch to them in 2011

Join in the FIFA fun :)

http://www.blattr.co.uk/

KPMG, one of the biggest auditors in the world turning a blind eye to corruption.

Says it all really.

I presume they also look after the FA's books.

beat me to it lol

"Former Fifa official Chuck Blazer admits accepting bribes for France and South Africa World Cups in New York court"

game over

That would be the France that just voted for Blatter?

Everytime someone says 'Qataris', my mind flips it to 'Dracaris'. What has GoT done to me???

You mean Dracarys yes

Mind you I bet a lot of dakaris were involved in the transfer of funds

That would be the France that just voted for Blatter?

Yep, the same France that built the imagination line so the Germans wouldn't bomb Paris

KPMG, one of the biggest auditors in the world turning a blind eye to corruption.

Says it all really.

I presume they also look after the FA's books.

Wouldn't surprise me if they looked after a Swiss sports Marketing groups books,

Jack Warner now threatening to sing like a canary, also saying using Beckham in the England World Cup bid was the same a Qatar paying bungs, got to give him credit for entertainment value. Hope he gets sent down as I could imagine he would be high on Venkýs radar as a direct replacement for the rogue MD if he ever decides it's time to exit the gravy train.

The more you read on Chuck Blazer the more you think he's a made up character, for exercise he rode on a segway around central park with a parrot on his shoulder that squawked abuse at him, apparently his ex wife trained it to do that when she had custody of it during a divorce case. Brian Blessed a certainty to play him in the Carry on FIFA film

Jack Warner now threatening to sing like a canary, also saying using Beckham in the England World Cup bid was the same a Qatar paying bungs, got to give him credit for entertainment value. Hope he gets sent down as I could imagine he would be high on Venkýs radar as a direct replacement for the rogue MD if he ever decides it's time to exit the gravy train.

The more you read on Chuck Blazer the more you think he's a made up character, for exercise he rode on a segway around central park with a parrot on his shoulder that squawked abuse at him, apparently his ex wife trained it to do that when she had custody of it during a divorce case. Brian Blessed a certainty to play him in the Carry on FIFA film

I should imagine FIFA has been following the same "business" model in India that worked so well in Africa !

The 1st ever FIFA tournament in India is taking place in next year isn't it ? an under 17's competition, should think that involves the Indian football academies, handy having offices in Zurich.

I read that as a Swiss national Blatter cannot be extradited from Switzerland.

The women's World Cup starts in Canada next week. He hadn't planned on going but his right hand man Valcke was supposed to. He abruptly cancelled the other day. There is also a FIFA tournament in New Zealand coming up. Apparently FIFA protocol (does such a thing exist?) dictates that Blatter should go to it. Somehow I doubt that he will be there. The Kiwi's wouldn't think twice about doing the USA a favour, if asked of course.

As a side on the women's World Cup and the equality Blatter is supposed to honour.

Not only are the top 2 at FIFA not going to be present, it's the first World Cup that will be played entirely on artificial surfaces. Many of the players aren't happy, I know I hated playing on astroturf/3G. Artificial turf is banned for the main World Cup.

I have just started reading the Chuck "The Bear" Blazer testimony.

I recall being on holiday in Trinidad 4 years ago and all the locals were saying how wonderful Jack Warner was. I had the pleasure of seeing his motorcade and then he turned up at the restaurant I was dining at; they asked (effectively told) me to move my table for him but I refused, eventually they offered me a freebie meal and beer if I moved, which I did.

Does that mean I accepted a bribe on behalf of FIFA? Poll please!!

• Backroom

I recall being on holiday in Trinidad 4 years ago and all the locals were saying how wonderful Jack Warner was. I had the pleasure of seeing his motorcade and then he turned up at the restaurant I was dining at; they asked (effectively told) me to move my table for him but I refused, eventually they offered me a freebie meal and beer if I moved, which I did.

Yes. You should be ashamed.

Not unless the free meal turned out to be a McDonalds Fifa special, the McBung

burger-king-money.jpg

I think you should sue for harassment

FIFA paid the Irish FA 5 million euros to not proceed with legal action over the Thierry Henry handball incident in the 2010 qualifying play off

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/fifa-paid-fai-after-thierry-henry-handball-john-delaney

Imagine the anger you would be feeling if you were one of those from the Irish squad. Missing out on a World Cup is absolutely priceless.

Archived