BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walter De Greorio resigns/pushed out as Director of Communications and Public Affairs at FIFA after this happens on Swiss TV:

De Gregorio said: “The Fifa president Sepp Blatter, the director of communications and the general secretary are all sitting in a car – who is driving?”

Schawinski (talk show host) replied: “The answer is?”

De Gregorio responded: “The police.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/walter-de-gregorio-forced-to-quit-after-making-fifa-joke-as-sepp-blatters-senior-aide-leaves-role-with-immediate-effect-10313428.html

You couldn't make it up

Irish FA has shredded 18,000 match programmes printed for Saturday’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Scotland, which contained comments on FIFA corruption by the FAI chief executive, John Delaney

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/13/fai-shred-match-programmes-containing-john-delaney-fifa-criticism

Interpol suspends $22.5m anti match-fixing partnership with FIFA

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/12/football/interpol-fifa-partnership/index.html

Irish FA has shredded 18,000 match programmes printed for Saturday’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Scotland, which contained comments on FIFA corruption by the FAI chief executive, John Delaney

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/13/fai-shred-match-programmes-containing-john-delaney-fifa-criticism

Mmmm !!!

maybe someone asked for the 5 million euro's back

FA waiting for the knock on the door from the FBI

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123019/FA-fear-FBI-probe-troubling-questions-FIFA-scandal-schmoozing-former-vice-president-Jack-Warner-trip-Prince-Charles-home-135-000-sweetener.html

Hope the close relationship of the FA with their former business partners Kentaro will also come into this considering they have already handed documents over concerning their involvement in Brazil friendlies amongst other things, who knows the FBI might follow the money trail even further http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-07/italian-aristocrat-s-fund-sues-after-soccer-investment-flops

FA waiting for the knock on the door from the FBI

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123019/FA-fear-FBI-probe-troubling-questions-FIFA-scandal-schmoozing-former-vice-president-Jack-Warner-trip-Prince-Charles-home-135-000-sweetener.html

Funny this doesn't seem to have been a big topic of conversation on British tv or radio over the weekend.

Very selective our media, when it suits them.

Football is broken from top to bottom.

As the most prolific poster (or very close) on a football internet forum, what are you going to do about it?

( a ) for your own well being and ( b ) for the greater good?

I'll even give you some material for your analysis. I have an old laptop (adblocker software installed) set up near the TV so I can stream live games during this desolate summer with no World Cup or Euros. I watched the Austrian Cup Final a couple of weeks back, and the Ukranian Cup Final. Both great games by the way. I'm now watching Swedish League and Latvian League games at weekends - not sitting down to watch them, but they're on - AND IT'S FOOTBALL.

Don't you run a kids team? So it's not really broken from top to botton is it. If it was, you'd find a different sport for the kids.

As the most prolific poster (or very close) on a football internet forum, what are you going to do about it?

( a ) for your own well being and ( b ) for the greater good?

I'll even give you some material for your analysis. I have an old laptop (adblocker software installed) set up near the TV so I can stream live games during this desolate summer with no World Cup or Euros. I watched the Austrian Cup Final a couple of weeks back, and the Ukranian Cup Final. Both great games by the way. I'm now watching Swedish League and Latvian League games at weekends - not sitting down to watch them, but they're on - AND IT'S FOOTBALL.

Don't you run a kids team? So it's not really broken from top to botton is it. If it was, you'd find a different sport for the kids.

Not sure what your opening dig has to do with anything.

Second point. You are streaming football on your computer because TV companies aren't allowed to show it because there is money to be made by the football authorities. Ironic, eh?

Third point. Grassroots football is not even highly regarded enough by the 'football family' to be classified as the bottom. We are well below the bottom. It's an interesting point you end with though. I sometimes wonder why I do what I do. Fundamentally it's because it's what I know. Had I grown up with rugby I'd probably have done that. But I only really got into it because my lad wanted to play and circumstances saw me take over his team or it would have folded - such is the dearth of volunteers with the time or ability (or sacrifice) to commit.

If you met me in 'real life' and we talked about grass roots, you'd meet a very different Stuart to the one whose posts you read on here. That's because professional football and grassroots are vastly different and, rightly, breed different expectations. The trouble is that some people take their professional football expectations into grassroots and that creates problems. Off this board I'm much more patient and bend over backwards to help people.

The FA are pretty hard over that they want to see junior football become about keeping kids interested in a game that they enjoy rather than have those who are late developers being left on the bench and losing interest. I've taken this approach to heart and, believe me, it isn't easy when everyone around you continues with the old values of win-at-all-costs. I can both sides of the argument and it's tough. In my teams kids get to play and over the years I've lost good players because of their parents expectations. Even though the kids come back every week - because they know they get to play.

But then you see the reality of what it means to be a young English footballer. Even if we were to bring through players (i.e. take them to academies - at which point they can no longer play with their mates :huh:) who could make it in the game, their potential careers are stymied at professional level. Big clubs cynically bring in English players to meet a quota and stick them on the bench, perennially behind 'better' foreign players.

It almost makes you lose that hope and my main concern is therefore about the wellbeing of the kids - life skills ahead of winning games of football (maybe that's a good thing but try telling my more ambitious parents that!). Team sports are about conditioning yourself to learn; team work; exercise; fitness; discipline; being able to play outdoors safely; learning to handle knock-backs; and working hard to achieve something. My biggest challenge at the moment is getting them to think about their teammates as much as - or even more than - themselves. If you've ever watched the film of the book about 'Coach Carter', this is what I'd like to achieve.

But as far as Football with a capital 'F' I still say that the organisation is broken at FIFA, UEFA and even FA Professional level. At grassroots, where I pay rather than get paid to help young kids get involved in the sport, it's not so much broken as cut-off.

Slippery Sepp will not be going to the Women's World Cup Final in Canada on Sunday; http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33338097

He and his right hand man Valcke (he who signed off on the alleged $10m from FIFA to Jack Warner's crew) can't go "due to their current commitments in Zurich".

Local law states that Swiss nationals cannot be extradited to foreign countries if they are in Switzerland. Both old Sepp and Valcke are Swiss.

USA and Canada have an extradition treaty in place.

Edit: Yoda beat me to it.

Slippery Sepp will not be going to the Women's World Cup Final in Canada on Sunday; http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33338097

He and his right hand man Valcke (he who signed off on the alleged $10m from FIFA to Jack Warner's crew) can't go "due to their current commitments in Zurich".

Local law states that Swiss nationals cannot be extradited to foreign countries if they are in Switzerland. Both old Sepp and Valcke are Swiss.

USA and Canada have an extradition treaty in place.

Edit: Yoda beat me to it.

What on earth is the purpose of a non extradition law preventing sending suspects to democratic countries with respected judicial systems?

The only logical answer is that it's a blatant cover to protect criminals and therefore attract criminals business and assets. The Swiss should be ashamed of it and get rid of it.

Archived