BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UK serious fraud office is actively assessing FIFA material in its possession.

I'm sure they'll get right around to it. Straight after the smoking gun 'dossier' which covered what went on at Rovers...

Sepp Blatter's victory speech:

"First of all I would like to give compliments and express gratitude to Prince Ali. Because he was a challenger and he has obtained a very good result.

"He could have said 'no, let's go further and perhaps I would have received more votes'.

"But I thank you for accepting me for the next four years. I will be in command of this boat called Fifa and we will bring it back to shore."

T W A T

Wish I was a FIFA delegate.

I would buy votes by offering delegates a weekend in Blackburn and a tour of Three Bees Brewery and pie and peas in the Black Bull.

My view is on Facebook .. I'd probably cop another ban if I posted it here

Go on Abbs. Have a go.

I wonder which of the dolly birds that seem to be attracted to Bladder he will be laying tonight?

It will be that French bird he has a love hate relationship with, Michelle Platini, always arguing but when push comes to shove bends over and takes it.

In regards to your first answer, I think America needs to get its own house in order before medalling in international affairs, there's places in America where tax paying citizens are virtually at war with the blatantly and unapologetically prejudice police force and then on the other hand you have a president that was only got the gig because he's black(kinda) it seems a seriously unsettled and mixed up place over there from my perspective.

1. It's a pretty big place.

2. When were you last there?

After this is all over there needs to be an investigation as to the failure of Fifa to police itself and why it took the US to blow the whistle.

There does indeed but re: you second point I'd assume that the yanks quite rightly imo wanted to put together a watertight case rather than have some heavy swiss lawyers running rings around a flimsy case.

The UK serious fraud office is actively assessing FIFA material in its possession.

They might want to look through the 2010-2013 bank accounts of Dastardly and Muttley whilst they are at it too.

I can't imagine uefa accepting Blatter still in charge. Why would they? If he isn't the biggest crook in football then he is the thickest.

UEFA is big enough, rich enough and powerful enough to go it alone. Time to break away and leave all those corrupt little tin pot countries high and dry. Pretty likely that as this investigation runs that more dirt will come out in public and sponsors would steer clear of FIFA and put their backing in UEFA. tbh I can't imagine what is in the heads of those delegates from minor countries. They surely must know that it was in their own long term interests to hang blatter out to dry.

I can't imagine uefa accepting Blatter still in charge. Why would they? UEFA is big enough, rich enough and powerful enough to go it alone. Time to break away and leave all those corrupt little tin pot countries high and dry. Pretty likely that as this investigation runs that more dirt will come out in public and sponsors would steer clear of FIFA and put their backing in UEFA. tbh I can't imagine what is in the heads of those delegates from minor countries. They surely must know that it was in their own long term interests to hang blatter out to dry.

Agreed, but without Blatter they are nothing.

I can't imagine uefa accepting Blatter still in charge. Why would they? If he isn't the biggest crook in football then he is the thickest.

UEFA is big enough, rich enough and powerful enough to go it alone. Time to break away and leave all those corrupt little tin pot countries high and dry. Pretty likely that as this investigation runs that more dirt will come out in public and sponsors would steer clear of FIFA and put their backing in UEFA. tbh I can't imagine what is in the heads of those delegates from minor countries. They surely must know that it was in their own long term interests to hang blatter out to dry.

Maybe with some of the bigger crooks out of the picture they fancy a bit more of the pie?

The USA has been the world's policeman since the second world war ended

And sometimes for good and sometimes not eg Chile and Pinochet, Vietnam, Iraq and the list goes on and on.

Its the arrogance as exemplified by Steve Moss' post that scares me. USA protects its own interests, anyone else is collateral.

In regards to your first answer, I think America needs to get its own house in order before medalling in international affairs, there's places in America where tax paying citizens are virtually at war with the blatantly and unapologetically prejudice police force and then on the other hand you have a president that was only got the gig because he's black(kinda) it seems a seriously unsettled and mixed up place over there from my perspective.

Sure, we have problems. We're still young as countries go, and we'll work them out overtime.

And I don't think our police forces suffer from "blatantly and unapologetically prejudice", but you're entitled to your opinion.

Sorry to go off thread but............Whose to stop us?

I'm not usually anti USA but those 4 words are feckin scary and why you lot are Septics in many peoples view. This from the country responsible for most of the world's historical financial crises.

I would agree that the USA are well placed to investigate corruption in financial matters - you've been responsible for most of the @#/? that's happened in Banking etc etc etc etc. Oh and who Polices the gun carrying Policemen?

Good training exercise in Rawanda or Dafur...........OMG............Sweet Jesus

Again apologies for going off thread.

First, there is the issue of raw power. We have it.

Second, there is the issue of right and wrong. In this case, I think we're in the right.

I don't think there is anything wrong in engaging in a two part analysis as to whether it is in the national interest to act. We're in the right and no one can stop us. As a bonus, we might help clean up the game of soccer internationally. Game on.

Its the arrogance as exemplified by Steve Moss' post that scares me. USA protects its own interests, anyone else is collateral.

Yes, if we're doing it right. And those of our friends.

And I agree with those who think another international governing body is needed. If UEFA leaves, and is followed by the USA, Canada, and other members of the Commonwealth, and their friends and allies, I think FIFA would be done.

Someone with some clout needs to make the threat, and have every appearance of making it stick, if you want FIFA to take it serious though.

And I don't think our police forces suffer from "blatantly and unapologetically prejudice", but you're entitled to your opinion.

Apart from all the cops who literally get away with murder, sure.

Sure, we have problems. We're still young as countries go, and we'll work them out overtime.

you cant keep using that excuse for ever.

not really my opinion, its more the picture that's painted of it from what we see and hear over here, sorry if they're wrong to paint it that way.

don't get me wrong, the uk sucks also(but lets not talk about that :P )

you cant keep using that excuse for ever.

not really my opinion, its more the picture that's painted of it from what we see and hear over here, sorry if they're wrong to paint it that way.

don't get me wrong, the uk sucks also(but lets not talk about that :P )

Which country is ok TJ ?

Archived