BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship is far too unpredictable to predict at this stage IMV.

Around mid/late November(20 games ish) will be around that time when you start to predict points total/how many points will be needed for a playoff place.

Derby playing some good football here

Wolves look really poor. Look like the loss of Dicko is affecting them now.

Bolton are bottom of the league. Bolton owner/Chairman must be worried in case they get relegate this season and end up in League 1.

Derby in sixth place have 20 points from just 11 games - that is some pace, almost auto promo form as evidenced by the fact that they are only 1 point behind 2nd place.

I think you will see the current top 7 pull well away from the rest and I would wager at this stage that Rovers will be at least 15 points adrift from 6th place at the end of the season unless we replace Bowyer with a shrewd appointment.

No point burying your head in the sand, we are going nowhere with Bowyer at the helm.

I'm not looking at the playoff spots tbf, it's the other direction I'm concerned with.

With the current management team then yes.

However, with the right man in place, I am convinced we have enough to get top 6.

• Backroom

With the current management team then yes.

However, with the right man in place, I am convinced we have enough to get top 6.

With the right man and a fit Jordan Rhodes, maybe. If Rhodes get injured I think we'd struggle regardless, as none of the other players score goals.

Think Evans will prove to be a very good appointment for Leeds, at least in the short term.

I think the guy deserves a crack with a bigger club.

Not everyone's cup of tea but wish we had a manager with some of that aggressive, in your face approach to football management. Brockhall and Ewood, IMV, have a cushy 'holiday club' atmosphere and, metaphorically, we need a bomb to shake things up.

Not a good time for Rovers to visit Leeds on Thursday 29 October although we could well be managerless by that day should we get turned over twice this week.

Rosler gone at Leeds.

No club should chop and change like Leeds but the bottom line is that the manager has to deliver and mediocrity in not acceptable, unlike Rovers !

Leeds have sacked 5 managers in the past 16 months. Yes thats 5 managers in 16 months.

The owners doesnt understand the league and the culture of English football

I give it 3 months before Leeds sack another manager.

Leeds have sacked 5 managers in the past 16 months. Yes thats 5 managers in 16 months.

I think very much in common with Venky's then !

Sadly for Rovers, Venky's seemingly do naff all in managing the club and we are seemingly stuck with, IMV, a buffoon called Bowyer.

• Backroom

And yet, they have the same number of points as us. Kind of puts paid to the theory it would definitely be worse if Bowyer and his stability was dispatched.

• Moderation Lead

Evans won't get on with Cellino, but if he gets results on the pitch then I suspect that will matter little in any case. I think he'll thrive there to be honest.

Leeds, like us have needed an experienced manager for a while, now they have one it will be interesting to see how they fare....

Rosler gone at Leeds.

No club should chop and change like Leeds but the bottom line is that the manager has to deliver and mediocrity in not acceptable, unlike Rovers !

With all the mangers changes at Leeds how many players have been going in and out of the club through thsee periods.

Is it more like what's happened at Rovers.

• Moderation Lead

With all the mangers changes at Leeds how many players have been going in and out of the club through thsee periods.

Is it more like what's happened at Rovers.

They do seem to have a few Italians in the squad, have a look online JAL- wikipedia is your friend!

• Moderation Lead

Of those Italians wonder how much money has gone out of the club for the privilege.

Cellino has a long history of owning football clubs, I don't imagine he'll have hurt himself too much financially.

I think very much in common with Venky's then !

Sadly for Rovers, Venky's seemingly do naff all in managing the club and we are seemingly stuck with, IMV, a buffoon called Bowyer.

oh yes the Great Cellino who has been banned from running the club for the second time.

People have moaned in the past that Venkys are too involved and don't allow Shaw or Myers to do their job. At present it appears that the Rovers owners leave them to manage and run the club for them. you cant have it both way MM can you?

And yet, they have the same number of points as us. Kind of puts paid to the theory it would definitely be worse if Bowyer and his stability was dispatched.

Funny that your mention Stability

Former Leeds head coach Neil Redfearn has said:-

"I don't want to comment too much on what's happening, but to build anything or to create anything you need stability"

"It's probably frustrating for Uwe because he will have had his plans and put things in place as did I last year and got them to a certain situation where you think you can take them on.

"But they do it as they want to do it.

Archived