BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2015-2016

There's a while to go before the joys of traipsing down to Ewood begin again so in the meantime lets depress ourselves instead with the stellar signings other clubs are making, or indulge ourselves in a bit of schadenfreude when others sign some right old shyte.

Anyway, Derby are going for it. They've already signed Scott Carson, Darren Bent and that Pearce chap from Reading who is a Centre-Half. They're also being linked with Andreas Weimann from Villa.

QPR have signed Jay-Emanuel Thomas (or JET to Wings fans) on a free.

Bolton have lost Bogdan to Liverpool but signed Ben Amos to replace him. They've also lost out on Morgan, a CB from Rotherham who was one of Lennon's big transfer targets. He chose Wigan instead and they Totters fans are definitely not bitter:-

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2015/6/13/8774569/bolton-fans-post-open-letter-to-craig-morgan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the top spots, I keep thinking Wolves might surprise a few. Play offs I think Derby will be in there for sure and I've a horrible feeling Burnley And PNE will be in serious contention for them as well. Not sure Boro will keep it up as I think they overachieved last season. Us ? well if we keep both strikers we'll have a very similar season again. Keep one and it's midtable security. Lose both and it's a lower half finish for sure, maybe even worse.

I think Derby and Wolves will be top 2 IMO. Qpr, Boro will make the playoffs.

Other 2 spots are wide open with Around 12 teams challenging for them(including Rovers as 1 of them)

If Rovers aren't aiming for top spot then what is the point from a spectators point of view.

Jal, Rovers need to be consist next season and tighten up defensively. If Gestede does leave then we need to find a good player in.

I think we can get a top 6 spot if we improve next season.

Tom, Good player but I hope we sign Sammy Ameobi hopefully. He can play wide either side or up front.

Tom, Good player but I hope we sign Sammy Ameobi hopefully. He can play wide either side or up front.

If any one of the clubs interested in him on this (admittedly outdated) link do go for him then I can't see we have a sniff. It also says newcastle are entitled to a fee for him even though he is out of contract. Does that not rule us out by default under FFP?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-eye-sammy-ameobi-9251352

Jal, Rovers need to be consist next season and tighten up defensively. If Gestede does leave then we need to find a good player in.

How can you improve when it's basically the same group with the same leaders.

So, six weeks since the last season ended and the only activity we've seen is the recruitment of a 25 year old Academy goalkeeping coach from Carlisle. The dumbing down strategy continues.

Meanwhile, still does not look like 'Gaz' has been summoned to Pune to discuss next season. One can only assume that the Raos indecision syndrome remains untreated as they sill contemplate whether to hire or fire 'Gaz'.

It will be a result if we are still in the Championship at this time next year.

How can you improve when it's basically the same group with the same leaders.

Leaders lol there are non anywhere in the club never mind the pitch. Something GB himself has admitted about the players, of course it's up to him to try and remedy that and also lead from the front. I just can't see him fancying anyone like that though in truth. They may take charge in the dressing room !

I do think the league is pretty open again as far as the top six go though, so far anyway but the spending and signing for clubs will probably happen late again.

The picture could look completely different by the end of July.

Paul McShane

Liam Rosenior

Rudy Austin

Chris Baird

William Kvist

Jermain Pennant

John Guidetti

Sammy Ameobi

Tom Thorpe

Josh Pritchard

DeAndre Yedlin

Nathan Ake

Andres Christensen

Matt Lowton

Jesse Lingard

Sam Gallagher

Harrison Reed

Chris Wood

Maybe some loans and frees that could do a job here?

Eastwood

Henley McShane Kilgallon Olsson

Austin Cairney

Pritchard/Lingard Marshall Conway

Rhodes

Subs: Steele, Duffy, Spurr, Lowe, Reed, Ameobi, Wood/Gallagher

Its not a great squad, its without Gestede, but if we had a decent manager it could do ok.

I would be happy with Chris Wood on loan and Sammy Ameobi/Rudy Austin on a free

I think Lowton will go to the Dingles when they sell Tripper to Liverpool or Spurs.

Sam Gallagher and Harrison Reed would be good loan signings but I don't see them coming here.

Expect Boro to sign Ake there

P.S thanks for the list RoversFan99

Mackie is about to sign for QPR according to reports. All fair and above board :wacko:

Well it is its in today's LT.. As regardless of last time they were in the Championship as long as they complied with the Premiership rules none of the relegated teams will be under an embargo

Our best defender we've decided is surplus to requirements, because he's not much good when played out of position, and we have midfielders who can play out of position better than he does.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to suggest that top six is a total pipe dream, lala land away with the fairies type stuff. "Tighten up defensively", absolutely no evidence to suggest that that is likely.

My prediction: Bowyer to stay the whole season, Gestede and Rhodes to go and Rovers to narrowly avoid relegation.

Archived